• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
Hudgens as Catwoman? She's box office poison and a horrible actress. Hell to the no. Eiza Gonzalez >>>

gettyimages-927322696-h_2018.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Hudgens as Catwoman? She's box office poison and a horrible actress. Hell to the no. Eiza Gonzalez >>>

gettyimages-927322696-h_2018.jpg

Assuming the rumor is even remotely accurate, I'll just say that Hudgens can actually act when she wants to and I think she'd probably do well as Selina if cast in the role. However Eiza is also someone I'd really love to see in the role too and has generally been my personal favorite fan-cast for the part for going on two years now.

However now that we seem to finally have our new Batman in Robert Pattinson, that kind of immediately changes the playing field a bit. Whoever lands the role of Catwoman is almost certainly going to be doing chemistry screentests with Pattinson and that will go a long way in deciding who lands the part. So who knows will pair off best with Pattinson? It might be Eiza. Might also be another favorite fancast like Ana de Armas or someone we haven't really thought of for the part like Naomi Scott or someone else. Or it might be Vanessa Hudgens. We'll just have to wait and see.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Everything she does flops, excluding High School Musical from a decade ago.

I mean has she ever really been in a movie that strived to be anything other than a stupid popcorn flick? Cause I'm not seeing any Oscar contenders out of her filmography. Girl has a wheelhouse she sticks to: romantic comedies and dribble. If she tests well and Reeves likes her for the part, who knows what she could bring.

Can't really say she makes flops when they aren't made to be anything but. I'd agree with the "poison" tag if she was in a film that was aiming to be the next cinematic classic. Spring Breakers, Machete Kills, and The Princess Switch ain't it chief.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming the rumor is even remotely accurate, I'll just say that Hudgens can actually act when she wants to and I think she'd probably do well as Selina if cast in the role. However Eiza is also someone I'd really love to see in the role too and has generally been my personal favorite fan-cast for the part for going on two years now.

However now that we seem to finally have our new Batman in Robert Pattinson, that kind of immediately changes the playing field a bit. Whoever lands the role of Catwoman is almost certainly going to be doing chemistry screentests with Pattinson and that will go a long way in deciding who lands the part. So who knows will pair off best with Pattinson? It might be Eiza. Might also be another favorite fancast like Ana de Armas or someone we haven't really thought of for the part like Naomi Scott or someone else. Or it might be Vanessa Hudgens. We'll just have to wait and see.
Yes can we please get Armas in the DCEU? Also Anya Taylor Joy....

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man Shazam was SO DAMN GREAT, and now I'm even more sad it wasn't a success. Easily the best post-Nolan DC film

I really loved Zac and the whole supporting cast. I wasn't sold on Angel Asher for the most of the film, I thought he sucked the life out of every scene he was in, but he eventually finds his footing in that really devastating scene near the end.

I'm gonna be real bummed if that sequel doesn't come to fruition.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Shazam was profitable and and a critical hit and that's all that matters sometimes. I'm sure WB is satisfied with that.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah at this point, I hope that 90% RT average means something to the WB higher ups, even if the box office returns weren't quite there

Bus-TEE PLEASE CONFIRM A SEQUEL

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I would be interested to see if a sequel does happen if they would move it from New Line to Warner proper.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Shazam underperforming and now DCU probably getting canned after the incredible season that Doom Patrol just had makes me want to give up. Why can't we get any Ws as DC fans. Why must we continue being the joke of the comic book movie universe. It feels as if everything is going back to the status quo of disappointments.

tenor.gif

(Future DC films prove me wrong, pls be more like Wonder Woman and Aquaman)

Also it would depress me if it ends up that Pattison isn't even Batman and the role goes to Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like more people care about the DCU as a concept than the actual movies. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam were okay to great and yet nobody really talks about them a lot compare to Marvel movies. That is only the movies, the tv shows are a different beast.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
It feels like more people care about the DCU as a concept than the actual movies. Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam were okay to great and yet nobody really talks about them a lot compare to Marvel movies. That is only the movies, the tv shows are a different beast.
Well yeah, we're basically back to square one. They've got to rebuild the DC cinematic universe from scratch outside of WW and Aquaman. Once the new Batman comes out, and we get a Flash movie maybe they'll decide who gets to reboot Superman and then we can start talking about a JL2.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, we're basically back to square one. They've got to rebuild the DC cinematic universe from scratch outside of WW and Aquaman. Once the new Batman comes out, and we get a Flash movie maybe they'll decide who gets to reboot Superman and then we can start talking about a JL2.
That the thing though, will people care by then? There is this idea that once the DCU goes up and running that people will watch the movies again in a greater degree. The problem is that there is more talk about the DCU as a thing that people keep talking to each other about that makes me realize that it does not really matter what movies come out for these guys. The damage is already done to the reputation of the DCU and the conversation surrounding said conversation is what people will only go back and talk about. The movies themselves are pretty much meaningless other then there are movies coming out.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
That the thing though, will people care by then? There is this idea that once the DCU goes up and running that people will watch the movies again in a greater degree. The problem is that there is more talk about the DCU as a thing that people keep talking to each other about that makes me realize that it does not really matter what movies come out for these guys. The damage is already done to the reputation of the DCU and the conversation surrounding said conversation is what people will only go back and talk about. The movies themselves are pretty much meaningless other then there are movies coming out.
Aquaman made a billion. DC can't go toe to toe with Marvel yet but if they continue to put out quality films they definitely have the potential to get there. First they have to fix the mess Snyder made which means new movies that fix Batman, Flash, and Superman to join the already good WW, Shazam, and Aquaman movies. Reeves is on Batman, Flash is in the works, and maybe someone will pick up Supes. It's not going to be easy but I believe it's possible. People want to like and care about DC characters, and we've seen people proclaim the end of public infatuation with superhero movies before.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Shazam reviews phenomenally and at worst goes into the black once it hits home release. DCU is in a weird spot I imagine because of Warner's shift in streaming philosophies as of late. I could see it being merged or bundled with the other WarnerMedia streaming services. Worst case is the name dies but the content continues to come out.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
First of all, if hudgens is cast as cat woman, I'll forgive DC for the JL fiasco, I love Vanessa hudgens.

2nd of all it's a tragedy Shazam didn't make a bit more but that and aquaman and the next few movies are gonna absolutely kill it but people will still have hate boners for the verse.

I really do hope we hear about a Superman movie soon, Cavill and momoa is my dream duo.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
YOU HAD A SHAZAM AVATAR!
I WAS BUSY : (
First of all, if hudgens is cast as cat woman, I'll forgive DC for the JL fiasco, I love Vanessa hudgens.

2nd of all it's a tragedy Shazam didn't make a bit more but that and aquaman and the next few movies are gonna absolutely kill it but people will still have hate boners for the verse.

I really do hope we hear about a Superman movie soon, Cavill and momoa is my dream duo.
Henry is gone bro

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Ray gonna be doing a panel this Saturday (June 1st)..

mwlycbuhxr031.jpg

A day after his contract expires? Could make it official there if it's true.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing poster, a bit surprised that they went for something so spoilery but it fits the horror vibe they have going.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
If the rumor of Ray and Ezra's contracts being up on Friday are true... let's get nuts and say we get the Flash movie announcement this week and Cyborg is in it for a buddy cop theme.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
YOU HAD A SHAZAM AVATAR!

And DCU is better off merging into WarnerMedia's steaming service once that launches, while continuing to produce the existing shows on the new service.
Are they gonna keep the comics in the Warner steaming? Like, Marvel has their comics subscription, but DC has both comics and media together...why is it that DC's way is worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.