Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters

Wingfan19

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Can someone explain why WB was so imcomptent that their was a communication breakdown between them and Snyder over it being a shared universe?
Coming from my own perspective being in the games industry for over 15 years, this stuff happens more than you'd think. There's a lot of people involved that don't always talk to one another and some creatives like to work alone or in isolation. You assume other people have already asked the questions or done the work and then it's too late. Also, sometimes the higher ups will just trust the person in charge and leave them alone for far too long and then try to roll with whatever they come up with and find work arounds to make stuff fit.
Is this story legit? https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wb-rebooting-entire-dceu/amp/

Because if it is, hoo boy is this universe going to turn into a bigger mess than it already is.
There is nothing in this story that has any sort of actual sources.

jrush64

Oct 25, 2017
That Dark Phoenix review topic is just sad. I know ETC forum loves celebrating the failures of other superhero movies that aren't MCU but why would you actively wish for the movie to be bad and revel in it.

Then again sometimes i forget where i am.

Bus-TEE

Nov 20, 2017
It looks like WB won't have a DC Comic-Con panel this year.
Between Marvel (presumably) having a lot to announce at SDCC, between their next couple of films and some Disney Plus stuff, and WB really only having Birds Of Prey coming up between now and next summer it makes sense for them to keep their powder dry and really put their shoulder into it for 2020.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Between Marvel (presumably) having a lot to announce at SDCC, between their next couple of films and some Disney Plus stuff, and WB really only having Birds Of Prey coming up between now and next summer it makes sense for them to keep their powder dry and really put their shoulder into it for 2020.
Wonder Woman is out before the next SDCC.

Bus-TEE

Nov 20, 2017
I feel like that was more to do with penny pinching rather than WB having little in the way of anything to show, they won't have any DC films in production during SDCC so they can't even do any BTS stuff.

True, but I'm not sure how much Warners will really want to show this early. Next year both The Batman and Suicide Squad will be in production (or wrapped in the case of TSS) with other stuff also ramping up.

If Marvel are going to have all the headline grabbing reveals it doesn't make sense for WB to go in with comparatively little knowing that all the headlines will be "Marvel beats DC at SDCC" etc, etc, etc.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
As is KvG, which they might want to try fix before it craters at the BO.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like that was more to do with penny pinching rather than WB having little in the way of anything to show, they won't have any DC films in production during SDCC so they can't even do any BTS stuff.

True, but I'm not sure how much Warners will really want to show this early. Next year both The Batman and Suicide Squad will be in production (or wrapped in the case of TSS) with other stuff also ramping up.

If Marvel are going to have all the headline grabbing reveals it doesn't make sense for WB to go in with comparatively little knowing that all the headlines will be "Marvel beats DC at SDCC" etc, etc, etc.
Marvel could skip SDCC this year. There's a D23 Expo this year where they could announce everything at.

Bus-TEE

Nov 20, 2017
Marvel could skip SDCC this year. There's a D23 Expo this year where they could announce everything at.
They skipped it last year so it's possible, but then again they might want to hog the limelight at SDCC if Warners aren't going to be there and really drop some big news.

I don’t know, and that’s what scares me
For what it's worth I haven't heard any horror stories of AT&T (or the 'telephone people' as they're known) causing any major problems for WarnerMedia and it's 'culture' but we'll see how it all pans out.

Ross62

Oct 27, 2017
With the way WB have been underperforming this year they need to market the shit out of next years films as soon as possible. Can’t imagine anyone over there is happy with their box office performance this year.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
That armor is crazy. Sucks we have to wait longer to figure out what kind of movie this is going to be.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I’m guessing the 84 trailer will hit with Star Wars

So that BoP trailer should be here any minute now........

Loxley

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to find out what the context for that armor is. It looks like something Lady Gaga would wear during one of her concerts XD

jrush64

Oct 25, 2017
This whole year has just been disappointment after disappointment for DC. Henry looking like he's gone, Batfleck gone, Ezra surely might be gone too, Ray gone too. I liked the whole Justice League team you know.

Zack fucked this whole shit up completely.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
This whole year has just been disappointment after disappointment for DC. Henry looking like he's gone, Batfleck gone, Ezra surely might be gone too, Ray gone too. I liked the whole Justice League team you know.

Shazam is the best DC film since Nolan
Joker looks great
The best young actor in the business just got cast as Batman

Where's the mess here?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

How was it Snyder's fault? His vision got bastardised by a couple of bigwigs who wanted their bonuses.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
WW84 is going to be insane. Hopefully Feigu doesn't pull a fast one on the film, something like releasing Black Widow on June 5th 2020 or a week after.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Shazam is the best DC film since Nolan
Joker looks great
The best young actor in the business just got cast as Batman

Where's the mess here?

WW84 is going to be insane. Hopefully Feigu doesn't pull a fast one on the film, something like releasing Black Widow on June 5th 2020 or a week after.
Disney has already penciled in its dates. Marvel is May 1, 2020 and November 6, 2020. They won't move, because more importantly, Disney is programming against itself. June is Artemis Fowl, which feels like it's going to tank, and Pixar, which will perform regardless.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I pray to Zidane that you are correct Ross and Williams. Feigu's fists stretch far and wide, Pachimari can attest to that. So he should not be underestimated.

Now please WB release that BoP trailer before SDCC. I imagine that we won't be seeing the WW84 trailer until late in the year if at all.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
No news on future shows last Titans S2, and the larger plans to fold their DC projects into the upcoming Warner service
And we don't have a time frame for S2 yet so they could easily shelve the service and put S2 on something else like HBO. The schedule that they put out last year ends at Harley Quinn in Dec. I thought we might see an updated schedule at SDCC but that's not happening now.
Swamp Thing already cancelled? wtf
It's a rumor for now.