• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Might start to get some footage/stills of Joker, WW84, and BoP soon?

With CineEurope now underway, Warner Bros. has offered up new previews for its various DC properties including Joker, Wonder Woman: 1984, Birds of Prey and a number of other non-DC related properties.

While footage descriptions were not written, Warner Bros. apparently gave audiences a look at the various upcoming titles. This, of course, included the Todd Philips Joker film, next years' Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman: 1984. In addition, audiences were treated to an extended look at Godzilla vs. Kong and were treated to a preview reel of other animated related projects which included Scoob!, DC Super Pets, Space Jam 2 and Tom & Jerry.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
No, he just meant it's probably better to have a woman director directing Supergirl.
OH. Fair enough. Though I think Whedon being gone had far more to do with how justice league came out + all that stuff about him sleeping with his actresses under him/sexual harassment stuff came out more than just him being a guy. I mean they didn't really care he was a guy when they announced him.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
You know what really sucks about getting invested in Swamp Thing? Not only is it canceled with the first season, but they cut the episode order from 13 episodes to 10 mid-season so the ending is going to suuuuuuck.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
You know what really sucks about getting invested in Swamp Thing? Not only is it canceled with the first season, but they cut the episode order from 13 episodes to 10 mid-season so the ending is going to suuuuuuck.
I haven't felt to need to jump at each new episode because of this. It really sucks. They couldn't have waited until the season was done before saying anything. I

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair the third episode of Swamp Thing was disappointing. The first episode was ok, the second was amazing and the third took a major dive. If the rest of the season is like episode 3 then I'm not surprised that it got canceled.

Terrible acting and some stupid plot developments that I imagine will continue for the rest of the season. I think it doesn't help that the show takes itself too seriously unlike Doom Patrol or even Titans where there are some moments of levity.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
EFCB32-F6-88-EC-4-A5-D-9-AD2-BE44-DDB4-B462.jpg

This was the last time they spoke as friends

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
This is really interesting. What I really like about it is that it retcons BvS. Which means that the new Batman movie doesn't have to take place in the past, which means we can get Gal, Pattinson, and the new Superman all in the same movie.
Nothing said in that article retcons BvS.

However, it appears Diana is pretty out in the open in 84 as Wonder Woman, so it's kinda hard to look past the 'you stayed away from mankind for 100 years' bit. Though that line can be interpreted in many ways. If she was only doing things as WW for semi-selfish reasons and this entire movie is smaller in scale in terms of world ending threats, then yeah, she wasn't interfering with bigger events and thus keeping a lower profile. Guess we'll have to just wait to see how it ends. They could always Men in Black the populace to forget about her as well with some magic too as a punishment.

What I find interesting in their article is that fact Lord can transfer his soul into people. Guessing that means he's gonna be going in Steve's body and forcing Diana to kill him. Snap that neck Diana, come full circle in the DCEU! Muwahahah Synder wins!

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a good or bad thing that Tom King is helping with the new gods movie. As far as I know, his Miracle Man series was well liked, but I'm seeing people that don't want him near it.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the comic con clip apparently has her taking out bad guys in a open active mall. And I'm sure that would've made headlines in the news. It just wouldn't line up with what Bruce said in JL.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I mean the comic con clip apparently has her taking out bad guys in a open active mall. And I'm sure that would've made headlines in the news. It just wouldn't line up with what Bruce said in JL.
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said she clearly has been out in the open and people would've seen her. in JL, Bruce said he's never even heard of her until she showed up in BvS which would make zero sense now (worlds greatest detective and all). So they either have some kind of magic voodoo thing that makes people forget or they just completely ignore that line. I just hate all of this now, lol. I want a nice clean continuity for these movies and now it seems totally impossible. It makes re-watching MoS, BvS, and JL kinda pointless now if they don't mean anything moving forward for the next 10 years.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
MoS can still exist though even if they retconned BvS and JL. One could see MoS, WW, Aquaman and Shazam as cannon and move on from there. Just pretend the steppenwolf line in Aquaman happened offscreen.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a good or bad thing that Tom King is helping with the new gods movie. As far as I know, his Miracle Man series was well liked, but I'm seeing people that don't want him near it.

His Batman run and the Heroes in Crisis mini-series have had mixed receptions (particularly Heroes). I can't speak to HiC because I haven't read it, but I do like his Batman. But, I feel confident because his good stuff is really great (Sheriff of Babylon, Omega Men, Mister Miracle, The Vision, Grayson).

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So.... you guys think DC backed out of being at Hall H this year is because Marvel's gonna be there?
I'd say that may be part of it, but not the sole reason. They had to weigh their options. Marvel coming off one of the biggest box office hits of all time with a great Spider-Man follow up and nothing known to the general public beyond that, meaning people are starving for information. DC has Joker, BoP, and WW84 which span out to next June. Sure, they could show some BoP and WW footage, but would that get the same traction as all the new Marvel movie announcements and celebration of their brand? Unless they were ready to say, "Hey, here's our DCU movie plan for the next 3 years with dates, directors, and cast", I think they'd get lost in the shuffle. I think WB is gonna just stagger their information starting with BoP in August since that's 6 months out from release and will probably be the first teaser/trailer. Then WW84 trailer in November or December.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say that may be part of it, but not the sole reason. They had to weigh their options. Marvel coming off one of the biggest box office hits of all time with a great Spider-Man follow up and nothing known to the general public beyond that, meaning people are starving for information. DC has Joker, BoP, and WW84 which span out to next June. Sure, they could show some BoP and WW footage, but would that get the same traction as all the new Marvel movie announcements and celebration of their brand? Unless they were ready to say, "Hey, here's our DCU movie plan for the next 3 years with dates, directors, and cast", I think they'd get lost in the shuffle. I think WB is gonna just stagger their information starting with BoP in August since that's 6 months out from release and will probably be the first teaser/trailer. Then WW84 trailer in November or December.

I agree with everything you said lol. Maybe it is best for them to stagger.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing anything they have to show will get over powered by MCU stuff. Doing it later enables them to keep the news for the day.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I mean, WB as a whole backed out. It's not like they're doing Hall H but leaving DC out of it. They're showing nada. They probably just didn't think it was worth it.

Take Marvel out of the equation and look just WB as a whole and Comic Con as it currently exists. There is simply too much noise. Even if Marvel decided to sit out, WB could very well run the risk of overshadowing their stuff. Look at the last couple years. While they've shown movies like Godzilla or Glass or Mad Max at Hall H in recent times, we all know that panel has become all about DC for them. It's what everyone's eyes are on and what everyone wants to see. They'd be competing with themselves on top of every fucking thing else ever in entertainment. Marvel may have just been the final straw that made them finally say "Fuck it" this year.

We see something similar is happening with E3. Companies are choosing to hold back or skip it entirely because why compete with the entire industry when you can drop your shit on a random Thursday evening and get the puters putin' all about you (shout out to Nintendo Directs).

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the fact that a lot of WB tentpole movie franchises aren't in great places right now. DC seems to be back on the right track but LEGO, Godzilla, and Harry Potter have all disappointed as of late. Honestly the most consistent thing at WB right now is New Line pumping out horror movies that cost around $10M to make and then gross around $100M. WB might be skipping Comic Con in order to do a reevaluation on stuff.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Godzilla and pikachu and shazam didn't do nearly as good as they should have. WB needs to get their shit together on that front because the marketing machine fucked up.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Shazam was a tough sell because you sell superhero movies in commercials on the action scenes and Shazam doesn't have a ton of action that you can show without spoiling the twist at the end. So they leaned on the comedy aspect of the movie and sold it short a bit.
Pikachu never captured the hype from the first trailer again and struggled.
Godzilla's marketing was fine until that Oh My God... zilla commerical happened. The movie itself was the problem.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno shazam marketing was fine. The issue is that not many people know shazam. Like many older people do because of the tv series, but other than that he's been out of the spotlight.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Shazam have like one trailer up until just a couple weeks before release? I honestly just remember there being one trailer.

The Godzilla trailers were all strange too and basically the same with the angelic music and all.

WB marketing definitely shares in the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.