• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Godzilla was a terrible movie, so flopping is what it deserved. The Pikachu semi-flop is pretty surprising though

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla KotM might actually be worse than Godzilla 1998.

And yet fans loved the film. This must be how the average DCEU fan feels like.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
More likely it's the turbulence at the top of Warner Media and unsure how they want to market stuff until that gets settled.

Unlikely. I just think it's case of 'go big or go home' and rather than running the risk of being completely overshadowed by a post Endgame Marvel and whatever they will announce they'll just sit it out this year.

It's the same strategy that Sony employed over MS at this year's E3. Emmerich has already said that they'll be back at SDCC 2020.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think that speaks more about them than the movie
Nah. There are millions of comic book movie fans out there watching nearly everything fromDC and Marvel they can get their hands on (I know many of them). If most of them didn't go see Shazam, then it's either the fault of the movie, or the marketing of the movie. And I don't think it was the movie. The movie was great.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nah. There are millions of comic book movie fans out there watching nearly everything fromDC and Marvel they can get their hands on (I know many of them). If most of them didn't go see Shazam, then it's either the fault of the movie, or the marketing of the movie. And I don't think it was the movie. The movie was great.
I loved shazam but god the posters sucked.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I will agree the posters for Shazam didn't look that inspiring. It did make the movie look like a parody.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shazam sold as a comedy movie and made what a comedy movie makes on the high end and unfortunately that isn't enough because it's budget was $100m while non superhero comedies are $10m-$40m.

So in essence, Shazam did good as a comedy movie but not as a superhero movie in terms of numbers. Though it was profitable for WB but not by a lot when compared to their other profitable films.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll do some Flashpointing since I guess the script is being rewritten again... or he caved and will go along with the one they got.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all better hope his character dies in the next one and stays dead this time because if he's in all 3 of the currently planned FB movies then Flash isn't happening until like 2026.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
But just as Rvaan said, if his character from FB doesn't die, and he's a main character btw, it'll be a long ass time before a Flash movie is made. Not sure what to think of this.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
4CHAN RUMORS
NICE AND HOT
- The DCEU is not dead, but it is in the backburner. Warner wants to focus on individual franchises now, but plans to revisit crossovers further down the line.

- Henry Cavill is still attached to Superman at the moment, but Warner has no plans for the character, especially since Cavill is demanding creative control over new projects. His contract ends soon and a renewal doesn't appear likely.

- Ben Affleck is no longer attached to Batman. Matt Reeves' movie will be a complete reboot. Consequently, Jeremy Irons and J.K. Simmons will be recast as well.

- Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher are no longer attached to Flash and Cyborg either. THE FLASH is still in development, but CYBORG is on hold.

- Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Margot Robbie remain attached to Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Harley Quinn and set to star in several sequels over the next 5-10 years.

- MAN OF STEEL, BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE and JUSTICE LEAGUE are largely being ignored moving forward. They won't be directly contradicted, but nothing from them will be referenced anymore either.

- The "Snyder Cut" doesn't exist, at least not in the way his fans believe it does. He assembled a rough cut before departing the project, and there are several semi-finished deleted scenes that he shot, but there's no finished cut ready for release, and Warner won't spend money making one.

- JOKER, BIRDS OF PREY and WONDER WOMAN 1984 are currently in post-production.

- THE SUICIDE SQUAD, THE BATMAN, THE TRENCH and BLACK ADAM are currently in pre-production.

- AQUAMAN 2, SHAZAM 2, THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN CORPS and SUPERGIRL are currently in active development.
- JOKER is a standalone movie and won't connected to Matt Reeves' Batman, though Warner might try to push for a sequel if the movie does well at the box office.

- BIRDS OF PREY is prepping test-screenings for both a PG-13 cut and an R-rated cut before deciding on the rating. It's pretty much a dark action/comedy either way, with the Birds of Prey stepping up to protect Gotham after Batman's disappearance. As previously reported, the villain is Black Mask played by Ewan McGregor.

- WONDER WOMAN 1984 has had positive test-screenings recently. Pickups later this year. As previously reported, the villains are Maxwell Lord and Cheetah played by Pedro Pascal and Kristen Wiig.

- THE SUICIDE SQUAD prepping for principal photography. The villains will be the meta-human terrorist cell Onslaught, with Benicio Del Toro in advanced negotiations to play their leader, Rustam. Conversations with both Alfred Molina and Cliff Curtis for Onslaught's employer, President Hurambi. Idris Elba is playing Bronze Tiger. Matthew McConaughey has been asked to voice King Shark. Warner will likely test both a PG-13 cut and an R-rated cut before making a final decision.

- THE BATMAN casting supporting characters. Follows young Batman investigating a series of murders connected to his greatest enemies. Riddler and Two-Face are the main villains, with Catwoman, Penguin, Firefly and Mad Hatter in supporting roles. Two-Face is closest to being cast, Oscar Isaac is in talks. Reps being approached for actors Warner and Reeves are interested for Riddler, like James McAvoy and Ben Foster; Catwoman, like Ana de Armas and Claire Foy; and Penguin, like Andy Serkis and Michael Stuhlbarg. Firefly and Mad Hatter will hold auditions. They're also casting for Alfred, Gordon, Lucius Fox, Harvey Bullock and Vicki Vale. Richard E. Grant has emerged as a favorite for Alfred.
- THE TRENCH in active development. Gary Dauberman is in talks to direct. Low-budget, PG-13 action/horror movie, featuring a group of marine rescuers, the Sea Devils, crossing paths with the Trench. Quick shoot, small cast, unknown actors. Probably releasing in 2021.

- BLACK ADAM gearing up for casting. Follows Black Adam returning after millennia in exile to reclaim his homeland of Khandaq and facing off against the Justice Society formed by Hawkman, Stargirl and Atom-Smasher. Vandal Savage is the main villain. While actors haven't yet been approached, Dwayne Johnson is pushing for Eiza Gonzalez to play his love interest, Adrianna Tomaz, while Ray Stevenson has frequently been brought up for Savage. Stargirl and Atom-Smasher are searching for actors of all ethnicities in their mid-to-late 20s, while Hawkman is eyeing physically imposing actors in their early 30s to early 40s and Adrianna's young brother Amon is searching for Hispanic/Middle-Eastern boys between 8 and 10. Probably releasing in 2022.

- SHAZAM 2 in script development. David F. Sandberg and the main cast set to return. Doctor Sivana and Mister Mind expected to be the main villains. Probably releasing in 2022 alongside BLACK ADAM.

- AQUAMAN 2 in script development. James Wan and the main cast set to return. Smaller and more personal than the first movie. Black Manta and Mera's sister Siren will be the villains. The Others will also appear. Releasing in 2022.
- THE FLASH in script development. John Daley & John Goldstein still set to direct. Warner really likes their pitch, which explores a friendship-turned-rivalry between Barry Allen and Eobard Thawne. Lucas Till is only one of several actors being eyed to replace Miller, other names that frequently pop up are Ansel Elgort, Taron Egerton and Dylan O'Brien. Daley & Goldstein are writing Thawne with their friend Billy Magnussen in mind. Captain Cold and Heatwave are also featured in the script.

- SUPERGIRL in script development. Reed Morano is the frontrunner to direct. Latest draft is set in the 1980's and doesn't feature Superman. Brainiac is the main villain. Supporting characters include Zor-El and Alura, Kara Zor-El's biological parents; Frank and Evelyn Danvers, a human couple who shelters Kara Zor-El; Chase and Henderson, government agents searching for Supergirl; and a group of young adults that Supergirl befriends – Ben, Kate, Owen and Max. Warner has high hopes for the character to launch a successful, all-ages franchise that revitalizes the brand. While they're waiting for a lock on Morano before casting, they're already rounding up potential actresses in their early-to-mid 20s for Kara, including Elle Fanning, Anya Taylor-Joy, Haley Lu Richardson, Kathryn Newton, Lili Reinhart and Stefanie Scot among them.

- GREEN LANTERN CORPS in script development. Terry Rossio currently polishing Geoff Johns' latest draft. The pitch remains veteran Hal Jordan training rookie John Stewart. Latest drafts features Sinestro and the Manhunters as villains, and Katma Tui as Sinestro's daughter and John's love interest. Bradley Cooper and Michael B. Jordan are Warner's choices for Hal and John, but offers haven't been made. Waiting for a lock on script before approaching directors again, though there are some favored names like Michael Dougherty and Miguel Sapochik.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Some takes from those "rumors"

- BoP referring to a missing Batman is strange. It would have worked to explain Batfleck's absence, but it'd be strange if they are planning to position Battinson as the Batman for their universe going forward

- Based Rock getting Eiza Gonzalez into the DCEU

- That Trench project is still super dumb, and if they're giving it to the dude who is responsible for the awful work on Swamp Thing, that shit is truly dead in the water

- B-Coop ending up as Hal after all this time would be funny

- No way is WB working with Michael Dougherty ever again after he fucked up on Godzilla

- Lili Reinhart as Kara is damn fine casting

- Ansel Egort could make for an interesting Barry

- Ben Foster as Riddler, Serkis as Penguin, fucking yes please

- Nice to have an additional shred of hope that Shazam 2 is happening

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
4CHAN RUMORS
NICE AND HOT

Meanwhile my man Supes waiting next to the phone like

L8JET9Z.jpg

He's like that sad older dog at an animal shelter that no one wants to take home :(

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
BOP could work like that easily. They could start with Batman returning to Gotham after being gone for a bit. Or just ignore it and don't say it's the same date

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Thats weird its not gonna be a continuation of Justice League? does that means Credence dies after Beast 3? Sounds like Flash is a ways off, not a sure thing 🤔

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So, a first-look at Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey. Seems to be a leak so I placed it in spoiler tags.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So, a first-look at Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey. Seems to be a leak so I placed it in spoiler tags.

Well, if it's anything to go by, I've showed every leaked costume of Harley to a co-worker of mine and she's flipping out at how amazing they all are. Costume designer must be on point. Spoiler - I have no fashion sense.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I wasn't going to mention this as it's not even a rumour, if anything it's 'informed speculation', but I was talking to a friend, who is working on a big series for a streaming platform, about the Swamp Thing series and it's odd cancellation. He isn't connected to it at all and hadn't heard anything but his own personal theory on what happened was fascinating.

He said that though the series may have been expensive to make if it was connecting with audiences then the studio would have found a way to make it work especially as they owned the IP and the platform it was 'airing' on. An example of this would be Supergirl moving from CBS to CW. To accommodate the lower budget afforded by the CW the production moved from LA to Canada.

The fact that WB announced it's cancellation almost as soon as it premiered showed that they were prepared to cut it's throat and move on right away. A fact made all the more surprising given that it was produced by James Wan, the studio's current favourite son and someone who just gave them a billion dollar plus DC film.

His theory? That the studio killed Swamp Thing stone dead because a big name filmmaker wanted to do a film(s) based on the "DC magic" characters and didn't want another interpretation of the character onscreen while he/her was preparing to do their thing. If it was a big enough name with enough power at the studio he thinks this would be an entirely plausible idea in this current war of the big name IPs and streaming platforms.

For comparison he argued that had Gotham been a show on the DC Universe platform Matt Reeves would have insisted that WB 'kill it' so he alone can do his vision of Batman without competing with another show. As it turns out that series just ran out steam just as Reeves was gearing up so it wasn't issue.

I sort of dismissed this until I later remembered this rumour....

The fact this was being reported by TheOneRing lead it some credibility at the time.

Is any of this remotely true? I honestly have no idea as it's just one theory being floated around but I thought I'd share it all the same if just for talking's sake.

Well, if it's anything to go by, I've showed every leaked costume of Harley to a co-worker of mine and she's flipping out at how amazing they all are. Costume designer must be on point. Spoiler - I have no fashion sense.

This was going to be my reply almost word for word. The way WB have made Robbie's Harley Quinn connect with female audiences is incredible given that she's been in one (relatively??) poorly received film and even that was an ensemble.

Women will turn up in droves for Birds Of Prey which, considering CBM fans and men will turn up regardless, is what is going to put the film 'over the top' at the box office.

Status
Not open for further replies.