• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Hmm, if Harley is indeed narrating the story, then it has the potential to be a full on "unreliable narrator" type of movie. Seeing as how she's crazy and all, there might be some exaggeration going on. That could be pretty cool.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Levi made an appearance at the CCXP Cologne convention in Germany this weekend and explained that the characters won't meet until both Black Adamand Shazam! 2 have been released. "I can say that as far as I know, Black Adam is not going to be in the second Shazam!, because the idea is that they want to go and do a standalone Black Adam movie first," he revealed.

I'm sure this is known already but posting for those who don't know.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
TR4BI5p.jpg

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nightwing is probably off the table, but I was thinking the best way to do a Nightwing movie might be a light adaption of Grayson.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Nightwing is probably off the table, but I was thinking the best way to do a Nightwing movie might be a light adaption of Grayson.

I think it's more than likely that Reeves has to build his vision for Gotham in The Batman and then we'll see how Nightwing and Batgirl fit into that. It's entirely possible that WB could eventually position future Nightwing and Batgirl films for the years that there isn't a Batman film on the release schedule.

Throw Catwoman in somehow and we have the beginnings of a 'Gotham-silo' cinematic universe within the DCU.

But I agree, adapting Grayson would work, especially if they make it more international like a Bourne film.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. One of their tent poles for 2021 gone because of Disney and their own incompetence.

Wasn't Fantastic Beast 3 slated to shoot this year but was delayed because of the reception of the second one and because WB assumed flash would film this year instead

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
If they keep making them good, they can make an endless amount if the actors are still interested in reprising the roles

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more than likely that Reeves has to build his vision for Gotham in The Batman and then we'll see how Nightwing and Batgirl fit into that. It's entirely possible that WB could eventually position future Nightwing and Batgirl films for the years that there isn't a Batman film on the release schedule.

Throw Catwoman in somehow and we have the beginnings of a 'Gotham-silo' cinematic universe within the DCU.

But I agree, adapting Grayson would work, especially if they make it more international like a Bourne film.
I also think given Pattinson's age, Nightwing doesn't feel entirely off the table, but feels a little less likely. At the very least, it would shift the dynamic.

Not DC related but WB films is fucking incompetent
Things happen.

You guys actually have expectations for Akira? How cute.
Also this.

I don't think they know what they want to do with the project, to be honest.

That project, which was penciled for a May 21, 2021, release and had Waititi testing actors in a worldwide search for talent, is being put on pause indefinitely as the two projects' production dates began to bump up against one another. Script development concerns caused Akira to push back its shooting start, and while some of those have been addressed, say sources, the dates were now too close for comfort.

Multiple sources close to Warner Bros. found this week's announcement of Waititi directing "Thor 4" to be surprising, with one person adding they were caught off guard by Waititi's decision to focus on the Marvel property as "Akira" was getting closer to production.

Waititi was in the midst of meeting with young Japanese actors for "Akira's" two lead roles. While the studio originally delayed production to give him time to find the right talent, it now seems there may have been more creative disagreements over the project.

The project had been on the rocks for weeks, with word in town that it is a difficult film to cast ethnically at its high budget, in this moment of political correctness.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I was just reading a large casting call for Asians, specifically for Japanese, in an action movie. I wonder if that was for Akira.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I'm never sure if sandwiching Shazam between Captain Marvel and Endgame was a good idea. Then again I wouldn't know where else to put the movie, this year has been incredibly overcrowded.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I mean. It is a sequel and a horror movie. It's most likely gonna do less. As long as it's budgeted properly, there should be no issue.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
SDCC rumor is that Doom Patrol is being renewed for a second season....which still makes me really confused about what the hell happened exactly with Swamp Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.