• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Vanessa Kirby kicked so much ass in Hobbs & Shaw I wouldn't mind her as Catwoman. While she was fine in MI, she took it to another level in Fast & Furious.

Oct 25, 2017
I say bring him back

No thanks, I don't want to downgrade right now.

giphy.gif

Vanessa Kirby kicked so much ass in Hobbs & Shaw I wouldn't mind her as Catwoman. While she was fine in MI, she took it to another level in Fast & Furious.

Kirby would make an amazing Catwoman. She'd crush it.

Gotta say though, that role is probably the most sought after gig for an actress in Hollywood right now, as I have the same suspicions of how much WB might want to capitalize on this new iteration of Catwoman as Bus-TEE mentioned. Everyone from Vanessa Hudgens to Dakota Johnson has probably sent an audition tape in already for the job.

Oct 25, 2017
I want short black hair Selina Kyle dammit!

I'd be happy to see it, but it's not a priority for me. My thought is that the short hair is her iconic look these days, but it's not like it's out of canon for Selina to still be rocking the longer hair in the early days either. Supposedly Battinson's only been on the job for about three years or so in Reeves' film.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
I think people are blowing the Darkseid vs. Thanos comparisons out of proportion. Yes they're both big baddies but they're two way completely different people. Different motives, different personalities. I wouldn't say it's too late for Darkseid. Thanks was seen as being hated and a jerk, but what Ava and Tom can do is make people be scared or fear Darkseid. Theirs untapped potential there.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that you guys are also supportive of Kirby as Catwoman. As Chained has mentioned before on the DC Discord I agree with his assessment that whoever gets cast wont be a latina with an accent so that rules out Eiza Gonzales and Ana de Armas (waifu) from the role. I think either would be great though but it does seem like they will want someone who emanates being born and raised in Gotham. They could still cast a latina though, just someone who has no noticeable accent.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that you guys are also supportive of Kirby as Catwoman. As Chained has mentioned before on the DC Discord I agree with his assessment that whoever gets cast wont be a latina with an accent so that rules out Eiza Gonzales and Ana de Armas (waifu) from the role. I think either would be great though but it does seem like they will want someone who emanates being born and raised in Gotham. They could still cast a latina though, just someone who has no noticeable accent.
Ana de Armas has had a coach for a while to lose her accent already. That's how she kept her role for Blonde.

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly it's not the biggest deal in the world for me if they do get a Latina actress with an accent for Catwoman, because honestly more diversity on the big screen would be great. But there is some genuine merit to the idea of having a Selina that happens to be born and raised in Gotham City like Bruce. Their wildly different backgrounds inform their respective moral codes as Catwoman and Batman.

It was mentioned in the Deadline article about her new film with Affleck. Still, considering how tight the scheduling would probably be if she try to do that film and then Catwoman immediately after, I doubt she'll land the latter role now.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Any day they're going to announce a Man of Steel sequel and all you heathens will forget about Batman

Oct 25, 2017
Count me in for Vanessa as Selina

I really hope that happens. She's got some damn good acting chops, which I think will be needed for this particular iteration of Catwoman, considering who's playing Batman. You need someone with some serious charisma and talent to be able to go toe-to-toe with him in those scenes between Bruce and Selina and depict their chemistry.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
With WB moving to Dune to December next year, and putting an 'untitled event film' into that November slot, what are the odds they might have a third DC movie ready for 2020? Has anything else other than Birds and WW84 started filming yet, or is about to?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
With WB moving to Dune to December next year, and putting an 'untitled event film' into that November slot, what are the odds they might have a third DC movie ready for 2020? Has anything else other than Birds and WW84 started filming yet, or is about to?
SS2 and Batman are supposed to start filming soon. So yeah, don't see anything coming in that November slot. It would have to be another lower budget street level movie to be able to get it out in time and DC doesn't have any more of those lined up as of now.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I got a confession to make, one that I dare not make anywhere else on this site

Aquaman finale blows Endgame's out of the water . Shorter, but so much more creative fun and coloroful , Shot and edited so much better to

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a confession to make, one that I dare not make anywhere else on this site

Aquaman finale blows Endgame's out of the water . Shorter, but so much more creative fun and coloroful , Shot and edited so much better to
Make a thread. I dare you.

Haven't seen either movie... Just want to see how that turns out for you. lol

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Make a thread. I dare you.

Haven't seen either movie... Just want to see how that turns out for you. lol
Considering someone in etc the other day said iron man 3 was better visually than aquaman it wont end well lmao.

End game like a lot of MCU films now have finales that look like a lot of what people said they hated about snyder films. Desatured colors and obvious green screen backgrounds lol

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember saying there's no MCU movie aside from Ragnarok or GoTG that look as good as Aquaman visually and some people dare to say "have you seen Endgame" "I don't find it pretty at all, that doesn't look great" 😳🤣

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
ETC just loves the DCEU.

Like Christ, like how many times people have to repeat they hate Wonder Women of all films. 😂
It's like a contest to see who can be the most hyperbolic. But if you call out that hyperbole you're the one that gets 59 notifications.

If the No Mans Land scene was in an MCU film I can't even imagine how hard it would be celebrated. Now somebody is calling the scene goofy. I cant.

On the flip side I posted in the far from home thread I wasnt a fan of them replacing Ben with Tony. I was then told Uncle Ben was a useless character. And told I should be the one who should defend why Uncle Ben wasnt useless.

Last edited:

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
If the warehouse scene was in a MCU film it would be hailed as amazing just like how people cream themselves over winter soldier's bridge scene.

Also Zod is one of the best villains in any comic film, that mother fuckers conviction hasn't been matched, he wanted a new krypton and Michael Shannon made me feel that shit in my soul.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
It's like a contest to see who can be the most hyperbolic. But if you call out that hyperbole you're the one that gets 59 notifications.

If the No Mans Land scene was in an MCU film I can't even imagine how hard it would be celebrated. Now somebody is calling the scene goofy. I cant.

On the flip side I posted in the far from home thread I wasnt a fan of them replacing Ben with Tony. I was then told Uncle Ben was a useless character. And told I should be the one who should defend why Uncle Ben wasnt useless.

Bleh, let em bask in their hyperbolic-ness, they're in the minority when it comes to that movie anyway.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the warehouse scene was in a MCU film it would be hailed as amazing just like how people cream themselves over winter soldier's bridge scene.

Also Zod is one of the best villains in any comic film, that mother fuckers conviction hasn't been matched, he wanted a new krypton and Michael Shannon made me feel that shit in my soul.
Winter Solider's fight scenes are really nothing more than diet Raid choreography with quick cuts.

The warehouse scene brought the Arkham games to life along with an added dose of brutality. Nicely shot and edited... None of that washed out gray, spotty CG, shaky cam, Netflix Original quality production. Also stayed true to Batman's fighting style, abilities, and gadgetry instead of just copying from martial arts films.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
ETC just loves the DCEU.

Like Christ, like how many times people have to repeat they hate Wonder Women of all films. 😂
The systematic takedown of Wonder Woman around here has been fun to watch. Some folks on here and beyond truly HATE that general consensus says the movie is great. Like it really bothers them for some reason. I'm not gonna it's all fanboy bullshit because people are entitled to like what they like, but there's definitely some of that going on.

Oct 28, 2017
EtcetEra's comic book movie tribalism is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen on this forum alongside the police state moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.