• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
My dream Superman film is a period-piece set in 1938. And just like in those early issues of Action Comics, instead of fighting aliens or super-powered villains, he's a social crusader fighting for the little guy. I wanna see Supes rough up mine owners mistreating their workers and performing citizens arrests on corrupt politicians who take bribes. The finale of that movie can be Superman taking on the KKK.

Then in the sequel they can go all pulpy sci-fi just do a lengthy adaption of Superman vs. The Mechanical Monsters, my favorite of the Max Fleischer shorts:

Damn! I have that short on an old vhs at home, I didn't know where it was from, thanks!

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
The worst scene in Justice League is hands down Flash falling face first onto Wonder Woman's boobs.

Don't know what Whedon was thinking that would be funny. Maybe if you're 12 I assume.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
DZglgPDVoAAfBx7.jpg:orig

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My dream Superman film is a period-piece set in 1938. And just like in those early issues of Action Comics, instead of fighting aliens or super-powered villains, he's a social crusader fighting for the little guy. I wanna see Supes rough up mine owners mistreating their workers and performing citizens arrests on corrupt politicians who take bribes. The finale of that movie can be Superman taking on the KKK.

Then in the sequel they can go all pulpy sci-fi just do a lengthy adaption of Superman vs. The Mechanical Monsters, my favorite of the Max Fleischer shorts:

The Fleischer Superman shorts meant as much to me as a Superman fan growing up as the Donner films did, maybe more. I had copies of The Mad Scientist, Mechanical Monsters, Volcano, and the Underground World on VHS, and watched them repeatedly. I actually just finished binge watching the whole thing on Vudu a few days ago, and they still hold up tremendously well. The animation is just amazing at times. A film based on these shorts has always been a dream of mine, and when I saw the trailer for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow in theaters I actually thought for five seconds that WB had secretly been making one and I was so hyped. Would still love to see one some day, but I doubt an entire film devoted to social justice would do well enough to warrant a sequel with the Fleischer elements. I think social justice could be a theme interwoven through the narrative, but audiences need to see Supes punching shit. I'd hate to see a Superman Returns backlash again.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I see that a lot here. That and "It didn't impress". But I don't see that in a lot of other places I frequent.

Love that movie. My 4 year old loves watching the first 12 minutes. She's always says "They messed up the house!!!" when they try to take Aquamom back to Atlantis.
the biggest load I always hear about aquaman is about the big CG battle at the end, like what? but people praise the fuck outta everybody else doing it, I mean at least aquaman has different species and races going to war. instead of an army of generic monsters like the parademons or what ever thanos's things are called.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Lmao I had to comment on this post

"My favorite part is that the director put Momoa in the green/yellow armor for only 5 minutes. Clearly they tried to make that color palette cool, but they must have looked at it on screen and said "nix it", because it barely exists in the movie. And that was the right call."

Some of these takes are hilarious.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caught Aquaman on HBO a few nights ago. I'd say it's on the higher end of textbook origin movies. It follows a standard formula with predictable beats throughout, but looks very good while doing it. Top quality action scenes. My only problem with it is that they didn't even try to do anything practical with Atlantis. Definitely a tough one to figure out, but still... Seemed like the whole thing was just passed off to VFX.

The movie plays to Momoa's charming strengths. Mera's solid. Kidman's cool. Orm is your basic villain you've seen dozens of times by now, but Black Manta was handled extremely well.

How this didn't translate to Marvel'ish reviews, I have no idea. Very 'fun', very safe, very 'competent', lighthearted movie like all the rest, but a cut above literally all of them in the visuals and action department.

Solid 7/10 comic book movie.

Nov 1, 2017
Aquaman was amazing. The cast were incredible and it has some of the best cinematography I've seen. The whole scene where momoa and heard fighting the black manta and the soldiers in italy or when manta was waiting for the atlantean soldiers and the huge submarine slowly rising underwater or during the entire trench scene or when an octopus was playing drums, good grief it's truly breathtaking.

Props to the director for not killing the mother or the 2 villains!

Also, I was waiting for the inevitable Dafoe betrayal but thankfully never happened!

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
We should be getting those "actually, shazam wasnt very good" threads in about 2-3 months.
That would require people to remember that Shazam came out in between Marvel movies.

Came here as soon as I saw it 😅 I don't know if some do it on purpose to troll at this point, dude decides to rewatch a movie that he found boring
Sometimes you want to give movies a second chance.
Wait until you see 350 pounds Pattinson, gonna be the biggest Batman ever
The Batman who Gains?

Oct 27, 2017

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
On the one hand, reshoots are so common with blockbusters that its really nothing to be alarmed about. It happens to almost all of them, even adding major scenes.

On the other hand, it could be WB at the rumored screening disregarding the Audience loved the film and changing stuff just because suits didnt like it.

Regardless I need a trailer already.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, reshoots are so common with blockbusters that its really nothing to be alarmed about. It happens to almost all of them, even adding major scenes.

On the other hand, it could be WB at the rumored screening disregarding the Audience loved the film and changing stuff just because suits didnt like it.

I think im gonna believe this because i just dont trust wb anymore. Especially with the way theyre treating this movie that is 6 months away and still no trailer or info or poster about the movie.

Oct 25, 2017

I think im gonna believe this because i just dont trust wb anymore. Especially with the way theyre treating this movie that is 6 months away and still no trailer or info or poster about the movie.

Who needs EtcetEra when you guys will willingly and happily leap to conclusions and stress/psych yourselves out?

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Who needs EtcetEra when you guys will willingly and happily leap to conclusions and stress/psych yourselves out?
I'm not?

I gave a couple guesses what it could be. It could easily be option A. The second thing might not even be based on something real. Who knows if the screenings really went down like that. I take everything with a grain of salt. But it's still fun to discuss.

I 100% dont agree with the poster who quoted me but to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.