• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't able to witness the BvS meltdown on GAF but if you guys saying this Sony/MCU fallout is worse, then I hate being associated with nerd culture.
BvS didn't seem as bad at release as it looks now,
BvS just had loads of shit strands coming off of it that as they started to come together again for Justice League it just imploded.

Like there was still a lot of hope there for Batman's side with Suicide Squad coming up once that was hated it was like the fanbase was coming head on at a brick wall(Justice League)

Oct 28, 2017
I'll live without him coming in the thread and telling us about snyder cut twitter updates just to rile up people who don't care.

I swear, people are so delusional and being such hypocrites when it comes to the MCU and disney.
Future Snyder Cut threads (you know people are gonna make them) are gonna be so tame in comparison to what we have just witnessed this week.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why people would argue against you. That's exactly what they're doing. Companies do that all the time. It was the same when Henry and WB were going at it over Superman.

Because what he was actually arguing is that people only see Marvel movies out of peer pressure and so they can be considered part of "high society." lol

Honestly... i'd love a Raimi Spiderman 4 in the vein of Spiderman 1 and 2. One thing I hate about this new insane fanatic modern fandom is how they're all trying to erase the past great comic book movies like they never existed.

I agree that Logan is the bet Xmen comic book movie but X1 and X2 are damn great movies too.
Spider-man 1 and 2 especially 2 is up there with TDK as the best comic book movies ever. Sure Homecoming was nice but I still prefer the Raimi ones.. maybe because I grew up with it i don't know.
There's just something honest about Spiderman 1 and 2 that homecoming and pretty much almost all Marvel movies lack.

The shit happens here too.
I've got nostalgic love for the Raimi movies too, but the first one has not aged well. The characterization of Peter in particular, who comes off like he's got some severe social disorder and a pseudo-stalkerish fixation on MJ. Second one holds up though, Spidey CGI notwithstanding. It's the same story with X-Men: dated ass original film but great sequel. Although X-Men is a little harder to go back to given the Singer association...

Anywho -- Joker reviews inbound in a little over a week now. Very curious to see how this film shapes up. Hope we get a new trailer soon too.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Because what he was actually arguing is that people only see Marvel movies out of peer pressure and so they can be considered part of "high society." lol
Another reason for why I made the iPhone comparison is because I think apple will eventually buy or merge with Disney, as I have said on other threads. I try to stay consistent like a story that builds up to a disappointing climax.

Sometimes I'm serious, sometimes I'm not. It's up to the reader to decide.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ManaByte? lol

I remember he was hyping Justice League pretty good, then dipped out of here like Max Shreck on Penguin when that flopped.

wx7AeSW.gif

Pretty much only came back to bring Snyder cut drama ever since.
He's our Zatt replacement.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at patient person.....but goddamn. I need a BoP trailer asap.
I wonder if they'll attach it to Joker? At the same time, maybe attaching a trailer for their next superhero movie to a movie that they are very deliberately marketing as not part of their superhero universe would be mixed messaging...

Just seems odd that something almost 5 months away from release has still not had any kind of proper trailer or even teaser, other than a sizzle reel of camera tests.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they waiting to see if they need to push it because of the action reshoots. People think that shit is quick, but sometimes stunt teams work for weeks/months on sequences.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
If Leto did infact film some scenes for BoP I could see the case being that WB hold off until after Joker releases to drop the trailer.

Harley Quinn will get people in seats.

Side note - twitter insiders really showing their arses over this Spider-Man thing. I'm game with no longer dropping their tweets in this thread.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Side note - twitter insiders really showing their arses over this Spider-Man thing. I'm game with no longer dropping their tweets in this thread.

Its hilarious. This whole spidey situation has been amazing to watch.

To get back to DC. I'm really looking forward to the BoP trailer. Attaching it to Joker seems like a good thing to do.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
I know this isn't a VG thread but WB better announce that new Arkham game, I just got the platinum for Arkham Knight,which I didn't think I would ever be able to do thanks to all those damn riddler trophies; and they better exclude the riddler and Joker from it!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I don't think they want to wait until October for their first trailer... When IT Chapter 2 comes out on Sep 6th, it may be attached to that.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I know this isn't a VG thread but WB better announce that new Arkham game, I just got the platinum for Arkham Knight,which I didn't think I would ever be able to do thanks to all those damn riddler trophies; and they better exclude the riddler and Joker from it!
It's amazing and a sad sign of the times that Rocksteady is going to 5 years without a new game.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing and a sad sign of the times that Rocksteady is going to 5 years without a new game.

Apparently their new game involves allowing players to create their own superhero, so from a certain perspective I can see why something like that would take a while to develop (if that is indeed what they're working on). What gets me is that WB Montreal have gone 6 years since Arkham Origins without a new game and have apparently had three separate DC projects canceled in that time. Like, what the hell.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must be really good to be an MCU fan. Thankfully I'm able to enjoy their movies but at times like this man. At least Titans S2 is coming soon.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't get a basic superman movie off the ground when the fucking eternals are getting a movie and might be the next big thing.

The fucking Eternals

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is about the TV announcements, I don't get it. DC TV is as strong as it's ever been.

DCTV is solid no doubt. There's just not that much excitements or announcements at all in the movie or game front. Nothing at all. No games, no casting, nothing really. I guess the Suicide Squad announcement coming soon is good.

I'm also looking forward to Titans S2.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DCTV doesn't count. Just going on twitter and looking at some popular DC stan accounts and for whatever reason the CW stuff doesn't count and is bad.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
DCTV is solid no doubt. There's just not that much excitements or announcements at all in the movie or game front. Nothing at all. No games, no casting, nothing really. I guess the Suicide Squad announcement coming soon is good.

I'm also looking forward to Titans S2.
True. They're just saying nothing about anything except TV and comics.

DCTV doesn't count. Just going on twitter and looking at some popular DC stan accounts and for whatever reason the CW stuff doesn't count and is bad.
LOL that's so dumb. People would rather wallow or throw shade than enjoy the good ass DC content that's out there. Weird to me bro.

Imagine not being excited for season 3 of Black Lightning. Couldn't be me.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True. They're just saying nothing about anything except TV and comics.

LOL that's so dumb. People would rather wallow or throw shade than enjoy the good ass DC content that's out there. Weird to me bro.

Imagine not being excited for season 3 of Black Lightning. Couldn't be me.

Given some of the accounts that talk like that (Mister batfleck, most other snydercut shit) i'm pretty sure it's this weird anger that CWDC resonates with people in a way that the Snyder Era didn't.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DCTV's biggest event this year
Titans season 2
Doom Patrol greenlit for a second season
Joker this year

I'm hoping everything is fine with Stargirl. Then there's BoP and WW84 in the first half of next year. There's stuff to be excited about, y'all

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
So this is it huh ? we are some kind of self-pity squad ?

seriously though, at least TV-wise I feel we are doing really well

Status
Not open for further replies.