• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
DhV4k9FVQAAtF-W.jpg

DhV4lbYUcAE64i6.jpg

a916

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, it was a bit strange that last year there was no Shazam present (right?) and they announced casting decisions like a couple of weeks later that made you go... "umm, why didn't you just announce it at SDCC"

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
How is he off the deep end? He's just saying he worked on it.

It's not his fault he can confirm something's and people are taking that and twisting them into thinking a Snyder cut is locked away somewhere. Gosh dude, you probably think about the Snyder cut as much as the people who want it to be real lol.

God I love Sandberg

k1wkKg4.jpg

He also mentioned there have been no screenings of Shazam yet.
Sandberg is mad cool for just dropping a few lines every now and than.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
How is he off the deep end? He's just saying he worked on it.

It's not his fault he can confirm something's and people are taking that and twisting them into thinking a Snyder cut is locked away somewhere. Gosh dude, you probably think about the Snyder cut as much as the people who want it to be real lol.

He worked on the concept phase. He doesn't know what was finished.

And I think about it a lot because I constantly have psychopaths with "RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT" as their Twitter name harassing me because they believe people like Oliva who is only doing this for attention.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
He worked on the concept phase. He doesn't know what was finished.

And I think about it a lot because I constantly have psychopaths with "RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT" as their Twitter name harassing me because they believe people like Oliva who is only doing this for attention.
Why would he care about attention tho. He's successful at what he does and if he wants to be vocal about these things let him. Some people think it's just some neat facts and a super small set are going crazy about it. I like when creatives aren't all walled off and being a corporate drone all the time.

I mean it is his Twitter, he can say what he wants.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
This Snyder Cut shit isn't going to stop until Hamada comes out and says it's never happening. Hell, it'd probably take Snyder himself to say it and fans still wouldn't believe him.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Y'all just gotta be patient. It'll die down once new good DC movies are out, Snyder cut hopefuls I bet only want the satisfaction of having everybody agree the DCEU is amazing and if Snyder delivered his vision people would all agree.

Like I absolutely love Man of Steel and BvS and people hate the fuck out of those films. People liked Wonder Woman even though I place that below MoS, so the majority wants that kinda MCU movie more, just let it be.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Despite the new thread, Twitter drama is still lame.

Feels like the snyder cut antics are only brought up to talk about people talking about the snyder cut. If you want it to stop, start with ignoring that.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the Snyder cut stuff, Jay Olivia, Snyder Vero lore posts...kinda pointless to bring here at this point. Especially the snyder cut people screencaps. It's shining a light on people asking for a spotlight.

It's backsliding, let's move forward with the new projects.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
xp69x2r5yz311.jpg

We got genuine kino on deck, it's all good brehs
I mean by all measures were lined up to get some killer movies from some talented ass folk. We're a couple weeks away from a DCEU filled comic con.

Like let's concentrate on the fact that Black fucking manta is coming to the big screen! I hope he's as dope as the injustice and young justice versions, they were so badass.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Finally getting around to watching LEGO Justice League: vs Bizarro League.

And it's just as fun as I remember. I love the paranoid Batman dynamic. Cyborg is actually fun on the team. Superman is gnarly. Make Bizarro an interesting character.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Finally getting around to watching LEGO Justice League: vs Bizarro League.

And it's just as fun as I remember. I love the paranoid Batman dynamic. Cyborg is actually fun on the team. Superman is gnarly. Make Bizarro an interesting character.
Indeed. I also like the fact that it takes these characters as they are, it shows their dynamics in ways that fit the characters with minimal exposition.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JL coming up with things for Flash to do because he's bored was pretty great

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Shazam hasn't been in a DC animated movie in a long time. It's kinda weird considering it's the same continuity since war until death of supes and he's been absent for the majority.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Seems we're getting a re-release of the Supergirl movie

Supergirl-movie-Bluray.jpg

The two disc release not only includes the film's International Cut remastered in High Definition on Blu-ray, but it also contains the rare Director's Cut on a bonus DVD.

The new 2018 1080p HD Master of the "International Cut" of the film has a running time of 125 minutes (2 hours, 5 minutes), which is 20 minutes longer than the original theatrical cut.

The Special Features included in this Blu-ray collection include: "The Making of Supergirl" Vintage Documentary; Commentary by Director Jeannot Szwarc and Special Project Consultant Scott Michael Bosco; Theatrical Trailer (HD); Extended Director's Cut (138 minutes) in Standard Definition on bonus DVD.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I did not enjoy Bizarro vs the JL very much. The characters were fine I guess but I couldn't get past the kid friendly presentation. I don't know why I was expecting something like Lego Batman. Wake me up when we are past the Lego movies lol

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I did not enjoy Bizarro vs the JL very much. The characters were fine I guess but I couldn't get past the kid friendly presentation. I don't know why I was expecting something like Lego Batman. Wake me up when we are past the Lego movies lol

We can mix it up since I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
According to Margot Robbie, Birds of Prey begins filming in January. Will aim for an R-rating and have a much smaller budget (than Suicide Squad and other DC movies).

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Fine with me. Still a bit odd that Harley is in this. Wish this was Gotham City Sirens instead. To me a BoP movie should be Batgirl/Canary/Huntress headlining with Harley as a side character that needs to team up with them.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Should start getting casting soonish... within the next few months.

Unless I missed it all (for birds of prey)

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first real news since the director announcement. Robbie is doing press for some movie so she's answering some questions. Another thing she talked about was wanting to have a diverse cast.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Alright ya'll, who do you think will be the Birds of Prey in this movie?

I'm going with Batgirl, Huntress, and Katana. I think they'll save Black Canary for a later movie with Green Arrow.

I also think they'll cast an Asian actress to play Huntress.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Batgirl, Huntress, Canary vs. Harley and Ivy.

Maybe Lady Blackhawk, as a soft tie to Spielberg's film. I'm thinking soft ties will be a big thing in this new DC Cinematic. That could be a reference or tie, but each production team is open to do whatever.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Batgirl, Huntress, Canary vs. Harley and Ivy.

Maybe Lady Blackhawk, as a soft tie to Spielberg's film. I'm thinking soft ties will be a big thing in this new DC Cinematic. That could be a reference or tie, but each production team is open to do whatever.
Ooo so you think Harley will be the straight up "villain" of the movie? I'd like to see that as well. Though I figured they'd save Ivy for the Sirens movie. I also could see Harley do the double cross thing, but that's a bit predictable.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Alright ya'll, who do you think will be the Birds of Prey in this movie?

I'm going with Batgirl, Huntress, and Katana. I think they'll save Black Canary for a later movie with Green Arrow.

I also think they'll cast an Asian actress to play Huntress.
I could see a Black or especially Latina actress for Huntress. Her look in Rebirth, to me, looks like you could cast a Tessa Thompson or a Morena Baccarin in the role.

Overall cast I'd like to see: Batgirl/Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress, and Katana vs Harley and Ivy with either ARGUS or the Gotham mob (whichever family murders Huntress' family) as a teritary force/antagonist. I don't think Harley will be a the main villain, but much of the film will be the Birds and Harley's side working against each other while both go after a larger force.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Overall cast I'd like to see: Batgirl/Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress, and Katana vs Harley and Ivy with either ARGUS or the Gotham mob (whichever family murders Huntress' family) as a teritary force/antagonist. I don't think Harley will be a the main villain, but much of the film will be the Birds and Harley's side working against each other while both go after a larger force.

This would likely be the best setup. Birds of Prey, Harley/Ivy, and a third criminal force like Black Mask all fighting for a MacGuffin of some sort. Harley/Ivy steal it, the third party wants it, and the Birds are trying to get it back.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
This would likely be the best setup. Birds of Prey, Harley/Ivy, and a third criminal force like Black Mask all fighting for a MacGuffin of some sort. Harley/Ivy steal it, the third party wants it, and the Birds are trying to get it back.
Yeah I think that works. Maybe further complicate by having the Birds have different motives. Namely, Katana has been assigned to retrieve Harley for Waller and Helena just wants to kill Black Mask. So both are really just working with Canary and Barbara out of convenience.

My big question with BoP is if they are really going to go for the R rating. Considering Logan and Deadpool, they could probably get away with it and have the movie do well. However, current pop culture trends say a diversely cast female-centric movie is big money and a hard R might get in the way of that. Maybe it'll be one of those situations where they get as close to R as possible but it's still PG-13 at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.