• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Dg-_25aX4AAUQRn.jpg

This is the hair of a man who plays too much Fallout

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Henry Cavill to play Todd Howard in the upcoming biopic, "The Greatest Game Developer"

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vs Bizzaro League wasn't bad! The Flash actually used his speed to defeat Captain Cold unlike TV Flash :p

Oct 25, 2017
How many years do you guys think it'll take before the Snyder Cut folks start to wind down? Depending on how fervent the movement gets, I could see them going at it for another five to ten years before realizing that Warner Bros won't do it.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
How many years do you guys think it'll take before the Snyder Cut folks start to wind down? Depending on how fervent the movement gets, I could see them going at it for another five to ten years before realizing that Warner Bros won't do it.

After they get arrested at SDCC for disrupting Hall H, hopefully it dies off a lot sooner.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Never, we've had the Donner cut twenty years later, so they'll never lose faith.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Zack Snyder gives the people who like capekino an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind him, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join him in the sun. In time, WB will finance the Snyder cut.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The mythical secret cut is so odd. Justice league is an odd choice of a film to obsess over, and its coming from me , someone who kinda sorta like it . WB got spooked from the BvS reception, made some poor reactionary executive decisions before the shooting even begun , and no matter what director finishes the project it was always gonna be a compromised non event of a film .
The material for a great movie just wasn't there .

Last edited:

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I just want some great stand alone films with maybe the odd character dropping in here and there.

I think WB should wait to see how Darkseid is received in New Gods before planning the next major events.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just want some great stand alone films with maybe the odd character dropping in here and there.

I think WB should wait to see how Darkseid is received in New Gods before planning the next major events.

The fact that Darkseid ended up not appearing in JL was a blessing in disguise. Now with careful planning, the ball is on WB's side to build him up for the future and make an impact whenever he gets to meet the League later down the line.

It's all part of the keikakku

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I honestly don't think you will. But if WB has a string of good-to-great movies, I do think you'll hear less vocal calls for it.
It's a combination of a devotion and the fact really nothing to discuss since Justice League so all the energy is there.

The mythical secret cut is so odd. Justice league is an odd choice of a film to obsess over, and its coming from me , someone who kinda sorta like it . WB got spooked from the BvS reception, made some poor reactionary executive decisions before the shooting even begun , and no matter what director finishes the project it was always gonna be a compromised non event of a film .
The material for a great movie just wasn't there .
One of the Reddit "leaks" true or not made a good point, it's the ultimate no-win scenario for WB if they do release it right now.
If they release it and its terrible, just goes to show was never a good JL movie in there and get more bad press.
If they release it and a marked improved, goes to show meddle too much and they get more bad press for that.

That makes sense.
I mean they were at their best with Nolan's Batman and Reeves' Superman. Unlike those others, they have the doors open to crossover built in though.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I beg to differ. It would have been fine, even great, if the movies were better. There is a great movie that could have come from the idea of BvS that didn't need any setup. The same even goes for JL if handled correctly.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm being honest, the big event and crossover movies don't do it for me. Even Infinity War arguably being the best of them (depending on what DoFP is considered), I'm kinda cold on it next to the solo movies. My favorites these past two years were Logan, Wonder Woman, and Black Panther.

...which really isn't different than the comics. Most events/crossovers are neat but the stories that stay with me are centered on one or a small group of characters. But probably the exception considering sales and such.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The last thing WB wants is to draw public attention back to JL

Their mission was to sweep that trash under the rug and hope no one noticed, and outside of the more aware fans like us, they succeed

We won't see the Justice League on film again for a very long time

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm being honest, the big event and crossover movies don't do it for me. Even Infinity War arguably being the best of them (depending on what DoFP is considered), I'm kinda cold on it next to the solo movies. My favorites these past two years were Logan, Wonder Woman, and Black Panther.

...which really isn't different than the comics. Most events/crossovers are neat but the stories that stay with me are centered on one or a small group of characters. But probably the exception considering sales and such.
I feel the same. I get a kick out of the Batman graphic novels, but JL crossovers like Morrison's are too outlandish. Batman is too OP!

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if they try and go with a World's Finest or Trinity movie before another full blown Justice League.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

It'll never die, unless Snyder says something either way. Even then, it's blind faith at this point, so they'll just say, "He was forced to say that!"

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's already just a small following of like maybe a few hundred people that still care, if that... Those that talk about them probably promote them more than anything they've actually been able to do.

Like ManaByte... Dude, let it go.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Honestly I don't even care if I see a Snyder cut anymore, I loved MoS and BvS but it's more if I ever get to see it, that's be cool but it's not something I'm dying to see.

The stuff I really want from the DCEU is all in the future, not from a hacked up film.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I could've told them this 4 years ago that doing crossovers without establishing your characters or world is not a good idea. There was no need to rush things.

I don't think there was anything wrong with their idea, they just botched the execution. Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman don't really need any introduction. Using those characters to carry less popular ones into their own solo films makes sense - the popularity of DC's characters afforded them that head start. You can also carry a Suicide Squad movie with a compelling enough appearance from the Joker. The didn't need to be great movies, just not bad ones.

But yeah, now, they have to take things slow and slowly build these characters up.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
As much as I liked BvS/UC and MoS I don't really care about the myth of a Snyder Cut. We got the Josstice League, and it was a compromised project from the start. There's no point in putting energy or resources towards it. Embrace the present and nurture the characters and directors that have interesting stories they want to tackle with these characters. Also, hopefully no hachet jobs going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.