• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
We all said the same thing about Aquaman.
I know. But I was really surprised at WW's international gross. They didn't take to it as much as the US did. Aquaman is doing this on the back of International audiences.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think it won't reach a billion.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Just saw Aquaman.

Most probably the best DCEU movie (along with WW, yet this is more... fun).

And, at the same time, a mediocre movie.

Oh, well...

What pisses me is... you know you have a decent movie and you do not use it to strengthen the relationship between DC heroes?

I mean... even a very little interaction with Wonder Woman would have not damaged the movie.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wan's such a good guy.

You wouldn't think such a sweet dude made saw and some sadistic horror universes.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
The difference is that we know what the foreign markets reception to Wonder Woman is. Her box office was pretty much split down the middle between foreign (409) and domestic (412). Now, sequels tend to do bigger numbers, especially if they're reviewed well, so it does have a chance for sure. I think the foreign bump would have to be another 150 mil or so and they have to hope the US hold is there.
One unknown is China. Tencent was co-producing the original WW and will most likely return for the sequel. Now back then Tencent was still trying to figure out how to market superhero films in China. After Venom and Aquaman I'd say they have this shit down.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I like to think that Patrick and James have such a close bond. I hope they are like true family at this point. Just a random thought

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Good guy momoa
tumblr_platypNrC91qcqol5_1280.png

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Grain of salt of course
Jack O'Connell Still Top Choice To Replace Ben Affleck As Batman
Though the rumor emerged in October that Jack O'Connell of Starred Upand Unbroken fame was being eyed to replace Ben Affleck as the lead of The Batman, the idea was quickly cast into doubt by reports to the contrary, and with little evidence in recent months to back up the claim, most DC fans have since let the idea go.

Nonetheless, according to sources close to We Got This Covered, O'Connell is still the top choice for the title role in Matt Reeves' film. While the casting has yet to be confirmed, it's said that both Warner Bros. and Reeves think the actor's right for the part, and if they don't land O'Connell, they're at least likely to go with someone aged 25-30. What's more, it's believed that whoever the studio ends up casting, the choice will be announced around May or June.
Sauce

Never seen this guy in anything, but he's got the look to him. Acutely reminds me of Baleman.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
With aquaman and wonder woman being mega hits they should keep Ben. Move forward with what ya got.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Jack is who I thought would've been great for Jason Todd. I can see Bruce, as well. He's def a Bale like actor.

Aquaman hitting a billion. Legit taken aback. I thought Doctor Strange money would be the ceiling. Now he's in the top of the top comic heroes.

Truly Mr. Worldwide

9MGSDpY.gif

Last edited:

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I want that motherfucker busting heads and solving crimes on the big screen again, Ben is my favorite Batman.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
It's probably better that Reeves takes his time. In a few years people will probably be ready for a new Batman. I still think it's too early to replace Ben. Give it another year.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Still have my doubts about Reeves, mainly due to his writing of the upcoming Batman film (whenever that comes out). I would have been more confident had Reeves allowed somebody else to write the script for the film he was going to direct, or if he had worked with Affleck to use the original script that he and Geoff Johns had worked on prior. Nevertheless, I'd think both sides of the Affleck debate would be happy if, assuming that the Batman film is a prequel, had Ben narrating the bookend scenes.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Still have my doubts about Reeves, mainly due to his writing of the upcoming Batman film (whenever that comes out). I would have been more confident had Reeves allowed somebody else to write the script for the film he was going to direct, or if he had worked with Affleck to use the original script that he and Geoff Johns had worked on prior. Nevertheless, I'd think both sides of the Affleck debate would be happy if, assuming that the Batman film is a prequel, had Ben narrating the bookend scenes.
I think that Reeves exercised a lot of power at the time he signed up. DCEU was in trouble and WB needed a strong Batman performer as a back up. Don't feel that is the case so much now and I wonder if they might be having some regrets. Not saying things won't turn out ok but circumstances have changed.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I got a feeling about Birds of Prey. It's going to win an Oscar.

giphy.gif

No superhero film is winning anything outside of Best Costume, Visual Effects, or something Sound related. Dark Knight pulled a Best Supporting on the power of Ledger's death, his performance, and Nolan being a serious director with clout.

Black Panther being up for anything near Best Picture is based on A) everyone knowing what Black Panther is and B) Disney campaigning hard for it. The Dark Knight was the last time a studio made such a huge push for a Best Picture nom. Dark Knight didn't even get the nomination. BP could get the nom the way the Golden Globe went, but no way it wins. The nomination itself would be a huge breakthrough for genre films.

Birds of Prey likely won't be a visual effects showcase like Aquaman. So you're left with Film Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Production Design, Makeup and Hair, Costume Design, Original Score.

Good times are here, but y'all need to calm down.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
giphy.gif

No superhero film is winning anything outside of Best Costume, Visual Effects, or something Sound related. Dark Knight pulled a Best Supporting on the power of Ledger's death, his performance, and Nolan being a serious director with clout.

Black Panther being up for anything near Best Picture is based on A) everyone knowing what Black Panther is and B) Disney campaigning hard for it. The Dark Knight was the last time a studio made such a huge push for a Best Picture nom. Dark Knight didn't even get the nomination. BP could get the nom the way the Golden Globe went, but no way it wins. The nomination itself would be a huge breakthrough for genre films.

Birds of Prey likely won't be a visual effects showcase like Aquaman. So you're left with Film Editing, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Production Design, Makeup and Hair, Costume Design, Original Score.

Good times are here, but y'all need to calm down.
Just you wait until Spiderverse wins best animated picture!

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
tenor.gif

That's more likely. They've snubbed Phoenix three times, so he could get a gimme depending on the spread.

Golden Globes have given me hope, but I feel like that means the Oscars will snatch it away and give it to Incredibles 2.

It will win or we are burning everything to the ground!

Also new Shazam pic!
qGsN3Nd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.