• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the hashtag show so grain of salt and all, but Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Stargirl may be in Black Adam

I feel like Stargirl is weird since literally set for her own show this year and would take some of the sting out of that

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019...t-features-hakwman-atom-smasher-and-stargirl/

That just says a lot too God King Geoff Johns continued involvement in the DCEU. Stargirl is his baby and he's the one in the 90s who really paired Captain Marvel with the JSA.

Hawkman vs Black Adam is super juicy as it works in the modern context but also allows you too have flash backs to them interacting in the past before Adam was sealed away.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
That just says a lot too God King Geoff Johns continued involvement in the DCEU. Stargirl is his baby and he's the one in the 90s who really paired Captain Marvel with the JSA.

Hawkman vs Black Adam is super juicy as it works in the modern context but also allows you too have flash backs to them interacting in the past before Adam was sealed away.

Yeah Hawkman is a smart play because can live forever
So makes sense
And a way to make Black Adam both a hero and villain depending on perspective.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
It's the hashtag show so grain of salt and all, but Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Stargirl may be in Black Adam

I feel like Stargirl is weird since literally set for her own show this year and would take some of the sting out of that

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019...t-features-hakwman-atom-smasher-and-stargirl/
I'm not as clues in with Star Girl and Atom smasher.

But Hawkman news has me excited as it allows for conflict to carry from ancient Egypt to the modern day.

HYPED to see more lesser known DC characters hit the big screen.

I imagine Black Adam's production will speed up after the success of Shazam.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Hawkman is a smart play because can live forever
So makes sense
And a way to make Black Adam both a hero and villain depending on perspective.

I'm not as clues in with Star Girl and Atom smasher.

But Hawkman news has me excited as it allows for conflict to carry from ancient Egypt to the modern day.

HYPED to see more lesser known DC characters hit the big screen.

I imagine Black Adam's production will speed up after the success of Shazam.

Imagine a fight between the two that syncs between the past and modern day.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
You know it's funny how people always enter social embargo threads to say "it doesn't matter/they're always positive" etc pp. Just because it didn't seem to fit their wished outcome.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
You know it's funny how people always enter social embargo threads to say "it doesn't matter/they're always positive" etc pp. Just because it didn't seem to fit their wished outcome.
It's so transparent. Especially because it's not even true. We get negative impressions all the time.

The worst are the ones that suggest the critics posting impressions are just marks being swayed by getting to see the movie early. There was a lot of that going on with Aquaman.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
It's so transparent. Especially because it's not even true. We get negative impressions all the time.

The worst are the ones that suggest the critics posting impressions are just marks being swayed by getting to see the movie early. There was a lot of that going on with Aquaman.
And not to forget the part that critics fear fanboys and that's why they only post the positive stuff, wait for the negatives until the review embargo lifts.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Patty Jenkins on No Man's Land scene

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/most-memorable-movie-moments-no-mans-land-wonder-woman/

"We had finished the whole movie and we had scored it, and I got on the phone with everybody at the studio and all of the producers and said, 'I need you to give me one more crack at No Man's Land please.' And I literally got them to bring all the musicians back into the studio – which is a very expensive and laborious thing to do – and I had our great composer, Rupert Gregson-Williams, write an entirely new piece for it based on a sort of hunch that I had that there was one step further [we could go]. And he actually ended up composing a whole new piece of music that we scored after we had locked everything, which is the score that went in right at the last minute. Everything in my gut told me that song was the right song, but then it was over, it was done, it was out of my hands and the movie was complete – so I really never got a chance to see [the No Man's Land scene] and know it with an audience until very close to the premiere, when finally it was like, 'Oh, that's it. That is the scene. That's as far as we got it. We can't do better. We tried everything that we could to do better and there it is.' And it was pretty incredible, honestly, the night of the premiere when people reacted the way that we did."

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017

Ok, but first let me explain the etymology of the word "fun" and go back months and years to see when this random critic has used it before and this is a totally normal thing to do and not at all creepshow behavior.

bohex1984

Oct 27, 2017
Untitled-140178c43b9cde8fb.gif

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
People are gonna say I'm crazy but a Superman from Lois' POV would be great. Superman 1, MOS, and BvS had moments. But I mean, she'd ostensibly be the main character.

There's still the idea of "Woman of Kleenex," despite her more active role in MOS/BvS, but the comics have at times leaned into her being a reason why Superman can be Superman.
One of the many problems with the Snyder films was the focus on Lois when Goyer and Terrio couldn't write a decent romantic relationship to save their lives. TDK trilogy romances sucked too so I don't know why they decided to focus on them with Superman too. The next Superman film needs to focus on Superman.
Yes, and when they're gonna announce a new Superman movie that will mean that they know what they'll want to achieve. I can definitly see a Superman in this 'new universe'. I can be patient.
You'll be waiting a while but at least continuing means we won't have to suffer through Zod and Lex again. Maybe they'll even recast Lex.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
There's no Superman without Lois. Once you focus less or take her out then you really don't "get" Superman
Not true. There have been many great stories where she doesn't even appear at all or plays a very small role at best. Besides he's the main character. He needs to have a greater focus on him than anyone else. Lois is his most important supporting character, but she is not his co-star. I think Supes has something like 43 lines of dialogue in MoS. That's fucking terrible.

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not true. There have been many great stories where she doesn't even appear at all or plays a very small role at best. Besides he's the main character. He needs to have a greater focus on him than anyone else. Lois is his most important supporting character, but she is not his co-star. I think Supes has something like 43 lines of dialogue in MoS. That's fucking terrible.
Pretty sure that was for bvs and theatrical version

And I disagree

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Pretty sure that was for bvs and theatrical version

And I disagree
Fair enough. Mera was an integral part of Arthur's journey in the Aquaman movie and I think you couldn't cut her out without drastically changing his story, so there are cases where the LI is just as important as the titular hero. But I don't believe that's the case for everyone.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
There's no Superman without Lois. Once you focus less or take her out then you really don't "get" Superman

Part of the problem with Superman on the big screen is a lack of ambition. There is always Lois as the love interest and one of two villains. Rince and repeat.

If they really want to reach a new generation of fans they need to think bigger. Lois and Clark hasn't been an interesting dynamic since the 1990s. Try something else, at least temporarily. Breathe some new life into a tired franchise.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Part of the problem with Superman on the big screen is a lack of ambition. There is always Lois as the love interest and one of two villains. Rince and repeat.

If they really want to reach a new generation of fans they need to think bigger. Lois and Clark hasn't been an interesting dynamic since the 1990s. Try something else, at least temporarily. Breathe some new life into a tired franchise.
Yikes....

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I love the idea of Hawkman v Black Adam in Egypt and in modern times. That'll be cool. And I love the idea of Atom Smasher on the big screen. This needs to be true!

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

I agree. Instead of Lex or Zod why not Metallo or Brainiac? Instead of Lois why not Lana? Instead of Metropolis why not set it on Warworld? Most directors don't even seem that interested in a status quo Supes, might as well switch things up like Ragnarok did for Thor.
I love the idea of Hawkman v Black Adam in Egypt and in modern times. That'll be cool. And I love the idea of Atom Smasher on the big screen. This needs to be true!
Kind of crazy to think we could get Hawkman and Black Adam on the big screen together, but I'm all for it.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Black Adam seems to be progressing.

Reports of March 2020 shooting have been consistent.

Dwayne talked up the script at the end of last year.

:)

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seen Cap Marvel yet? Watched it earlier today... I did not think much of it at all. Wasn't bad, wasn't good either. It was just there, something seemed off about it.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Friends didn't rate the movie, coupled with my go to reviewers being cold on it I've decided to give it a miss.

Affleck to direct Deathstroke - you heard it here first.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you just hate women.

Not really. That's the first MCU movie i watched at the cinemas since Infinity War. I will personally always support female superhero movies... expect a mystique movie though. Fuck that character.

Also is that a thing? If you dont like Cap M you don't like women?

Nope. I'm still damaged from Ant-Man and the Wasp.

I watched Antman and Wasp on Netflix and I actually loved it. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone seen Cap Marvel yet? Watched it earlier today... I did not think much of it at all. Wasn't bad, wasn't good either. It was just there, something seemed off about it.
i thought the writing was really bad. The tone too. Carol is this cool jokester but she didn't pull it off at all. Everything in the movie felt unearned.

I realized something the other day while watching. One huge advantage marvel movies have is that the universe is so we'll made at this point that new movies don't need to take time to setup much background info. They can just put something out there in the movie and move on without holding your hand. It allows the movie to feel more natural and just keep moving along.

Status
Not open for further replies.