• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Affleck seems to like crime thrillers and ensemble movies, so he'd be great for a Gotham Central or Spyral (Grayson??) film.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
If a villain is in SS that means they have that bomb and can't really be bad anymore right? How would KF or King Shark be a villain for a Flash trilogy after being in SS

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Will this mean Kaitlyn on Flash is getting a time out?

the-flash-danielle-panabaker-killer-frost-earth-2.jpg

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone seen Cap Marvel yet? Watched it earlier today... I did not think much of it at all. Wasn't bad, wasn't good either. It was just there, something seemed off about it.

One of the best MCU movies, some pretty bold choices in how it went about resolving things, going for simplicity or even simple sweetness over over-complicated plot twists. Also a nice fragile touch to Brie's portrayal of the character.

Still, Wonder Woman is still my favorite solo origin CBM. That one has warmth, patience and a respect for adventure filmmaking I haven't seen in other modern CMB yet.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best MCU movies, some pretty bold choices in how it went about resolving things, going for simplicity or even simple sweetness over over-complicated plot twists. Also a nice fragile touch to Brie's portrayal of the character.

Still, Wonder Woman is still my favorite solo origin CBM. That one has warmth, patience and a respect for adventure filmmaking I haven't seen in other modern CMB yet.

I don't think it's fair to compare the movies. I understand why people do, as they are both the first female super hero led films in their respective companies but they are completely different movies. I mean yeah Wonder Woman blows it out of the water, but for a MCU it's really good. In fact, I was surprised how much I loved the movie. My bo dragged me to watch it and I wasn't expecting much but it really blew me away. I rolled my eyes when I saw the same people who were saying RT trolls were responsible for The Last Jedi review bombings said they were doing the same to this movie... But I can see that there is enough proof to back it up this time. It's nowhere near the trash movie that TLJ was. Not to say the movie is perfect. Even my husband who loves all Marvel movies was mixed when he came out of the movie theater. Though he has come around to liking it now, he did say it felt somewhat formulaic and I agree for the most part. The movie is at worst painfully average and at best fun with really great reveals. I wouldn't place it above Black Panther but it's somewhere in my top 5 MCU movies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seen Cap Marvel yet? Watched it earlier today... I did not think much of it at all. Wasn't bad, wasn't good either. It was just there, something seemed off about it.
Saw it last Wednesday. Might go watch it again today. One of the best times I've had with a comic book movie, and it's currently the #4th best MCU film to me personally. It's everything I had dreamt of and more. I was completely turned around to Brie's portrayal of Carol. Her origin was interesting. The story was great. Loved the surprises and references. All the characters were likable. The visual effects were really good. I loved the 90s touches and soundtrack. And then it was a space adventure through and through. I love the Skrulls who I had been waiting a while on to see on the big screen. I just love Carol going on space adventures.

Although, I think Wonder Woman is still my favorite superheroine.

Great. I wouldn't mind Killer Frost at all. Of course I would prefer Poison Ivy, but this is fine.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Man watched the first half of Justice League last night ... and the only characters with some bit of charisma are Flash and Aquaman. Will probably watch the end of it tonight. Steppenwolf seems like the cash-in on the Thanos hype of the MCU.
Am excited to watch the Aquaman movie though.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I rolled my eyes when I saw the same people who were saying RT trolls were responsible for The Last Jedi review bombings said they were doing the same to this movie... But I can see that there is enough proof to back it up this time.
Trolls & bots were 100% responsible for the review bombing of TLJ. We have had overwhelming evidence of this and Rotten Tomatoes this week admitted that what happened to Captain Marvel also happened to The Last Jedi. TLJ had an overall pretty positive reception from general audiences going by actual real audience trackers that studios rely on such as CinemaScore.

Same with Captain Marvel, which also has a very strong CinemaScore. Rotten Tomatoes confirmed TLJ was review bombed by trolls and bots so that talking point about it having a "bad" user rating can be completely dropped and ignored just like with Cap Marvel. Thankfully.

Man watched the first half of Justice League last night ... and the only characters with some bit of charisma are Flash and Aquaman. Will probably watch the end of it tonight. Steppenwolf seems like the cash-in on the Thanos hype of the MCU.
Am excited to watch the Aquaman movie though.
I find Justice League a bit easier of a watch post-Aquaman now. Since we have a lot more connection to that character.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we won't see New Gods for a good long while.

2019: Shazam, Joker
2020: Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman 84
2021: Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, The Trench, Black Adam
2022: Aquaman 2, Flash, maybe New Gods?

Come to think of it, it'll be a while till I get a cosmic movie from the DCEU. I love cosmic superhero movies.

Last edited:

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

2021: Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, The Trench

Come to think of it, it'll be a while till I get a cosmic movie from the DCEU. I love cosmic superhero movies.
Johns will get you another GL movie if it is the last thing he does at WB.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

2021: Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, The Trench

I can see Black Adam getting fast track to 2022 and there's also that Nightwing movie and Batgirl movie that are in development

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Universal is trying to steal our guy Armie Hammer for the Invisible Man

How can we stop them?

INST

Nov 2, 2017
Shazam is just gonna be another Aquaman: lame af (for me). Wan at least had some interesting visual shots at times with the action, this doesn't seem to have that.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Is deathstroke still a thing?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Are we seriously getting 4 DCEU movies in 2021....? Seems a bit too ridiculous and crazy.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Are we seriously getting 4 DCEU movies in 2021....? Seems a bit too ridiculous and crazy.
No. My point with that post was mostly listing how it'll be a while till a cosmic movie.p comes out.

Suicide Squad 2 and The Batman have been confirmed for 2021. And they've said The Trench comes out before Aquaman 2, so 2021 would be pretty realistic, if not for spring 2022. And apparently production on Black Adam starts in a year, so that would be ready by 2021.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not watching anymore clips from this movie, I'm already sold and want to see everything else for the first time when I watch the movie.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
We don't always talk comics here (and we totally should) but checked out the first issue of Wonder Twins and it's such a weird part, but funny look at DC

D1bMIRTWsAArnZO.jpg

D1bNGfgXgAAo-k0.jpg

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Now that marvu is supposedly going full steam with diverse superheroes I just hope that WB moves ahead with the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle movie before it's too late. Marvu already beat WB to the punch with the eternals movie that is already in pre production even though New Gods was announced first. Sounds to me like another BvS/ Civil War situation.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
X__X DC was already full steam with diversity lol. And it's never too late lol. Man, we need to stop treating "representation" like a game.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
X__X DC was already full steam with diversity lol. And it's never too late lol. Man, we need to stop treating "representation" like a game.
WB knows that DC has to try even harder to come close to being treated as an equal with marvu. It's unfortunate but it's true. CM wasn't viewed as a response to WW by the critics but if suddenly DC has a movie featuring a Hispanic actor after marvu does the same it will be treated as just an imitation to 'the great leader of comic book cinema who can do nothing wrong'.

Status
Not open for further replies.