• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
We don't always talk comics here (and we totally should) but checked out the first issue of Wonder Twins and it's such a weird part, but funny look at DC

D1bMIRTWsAArnZO.jpg

D1bNGfgXgAAo-k0.jpg
I've fallen so behind in checking out comics these past few months.

I'm excited to check out Morrison's Green Lantern.

I've had omega men sitting on my bedside table a while, should get to it.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Now that marvu is supposedly going full steam with diverse superheroes I just hope that WB moves ahead with the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle movie before it's too late. Marvu already beat WB to the punch with the eternals movie that is already in pre production even though New Gods was announced first. Sounds to me like another BvS/ Civil War situation.

Marvel doesn't really have much in the way of Hispanic heroes. (Both were generally low in the respect until recent years.) So, I wouldn't worry. Sam Alexander is probably their best shot, and he's likely get a team-up movie if anything.

WB knows that DC has to try even harder to come close to being treated as an equal with marvu. It's unfortunate but it's true.
It's fine. Aquaman just made money. Social media is showing good life for Shazam. No reason to be like this.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to me the Trench could come out late in 2020 if production starts quickly
Yeah I was thinking the same. It's supposed to be a lower-budget production and one of the producers said it was going to come out 'significantly before' Aquaman 2, which doesn't sound like a one-year gap. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets moving a little faster than we expect and aims for a late 2020 release, or maybe Feb/March 2021.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
On representation, of all the things that you can take DC to task for, that ain't one. Especially in comparison to Marvel.

Speaking of, there's a rumored Doctor Fate movie. I hope they go with Khalid over white bread ass Kent Nelson. Also need that Blue Beetle movie to get the green light ASAP.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They cast Depp during the time when we thought he was the abuser(he could still be). And in a pivotal role at that. So there goes your answer.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So essentially every one besides Cyborg and Flash have said/done shit in the recent years that have caught them flack... DC just can't win, lol.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Cavill, Ben, Jason, Gal, and now Amber. I mean, I'm not wrong. They've all gotten into the news for doing/saying bad things. The DC jab is just the fact they're all playing DC characters during the times it's happened. I'm not making light of it.
Dawg, many Marvel actresses have done shitty things recently too. Just look at Pratt and Johansson. They're celebrities. The list of those that haven't said or done anything problematic is very miniscule and getting smaller everyday.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Dawg, many Marvel actresses have done shitty things recently too. Just look at Pratt and Johansson. They're celebrities. The list of those that haven't said or done anything problematic is very miniscule and getting smaller everyday.
I know that. I wasn't making this a Marvel/DC thing. I was solely keeping this within the realm of the WB/DC movie actors. I mean, we are in the DC thread after all.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think that both Johnny Depp and Amber Heard are probably both guilty in one way or another. That's between the two of them.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was always true. It was pretty clear the trailer was meant to be aired when the leakers said it was and either WB or Sandberg had it delayed and recut to prove them wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already seeing people get triggered by the humming from that Chinese trailer because they feel like it's somehow disrespecting their lord and savior Zack Snyder.

Or is it Hans Zimmer?

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
That's just.... weird! Why? To prove a point?

If it's to troll the audience a la Kojima, then I guess it's kinda funny?

When the original trailer leaked, and word of the humming came out, some people took the John Williams theme as a personal insult and a slight against other movies and railed on Sandberg. They're still going after him today now that the humming scene is in that Chinese trailer.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the original trailer leaked, and word of the humming came out, some people took the John Williams theme as a personal insult and a slight against other movies and railed on Sandberg. They're still going after him today now that the humming scene is in that Chinese trailer.

why not just stick to his guns.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I only watched half of that trailer, but liked a lot of what I saw. Gonna hold off on watching any new footage. Also gonna skip seeing it early. I want to see it with for the first time with all my co-workers and a bigger crowd.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tickets on sale for Shazam!

Tempting to see it early, but I'm just going to wait for the A-List eligible Thursday April 4 showing.

Also interesting is that the first showings on both Sat March 23 and Thurs April 4 are 4:00pm at my local Florida AMC. I get it for the early Saturday preview, but I don't remember a 4:00pm showtime being the first time for a Thursday premiere before.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Tempting to see it early, but I'm just going to wait for the A-List eligible Thursday April 4 showing.

Also interesting is that the first showings on both Sat March 23 and Thurs April 4 are 4:00pm at my local Florida AMC. I get it for the early Saturday preview, but I don't remember a 4:00pm showtime being the first time for a Thursday premiere before.
Someone said a List works with Fandango

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone said a List works with Fandango

I'll be damned, it does. I thought for sure that between Fandango and it being a "special event", it would be excluded.

Can't hurt to get the ticket and see what the wife prefers. Thank you.

Edit: AMC, if you're listening, please consider an A-List Family Plan. Dang, this got complicated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.