• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Oh man I needed one of these!

That now means
LEGO Batman
Wonder Woman
Teen Titans Go To the Movies
Aquaman

Are all now the best DC movie since The Dark Knight

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Kinda off topic but did anyone here watch Triple Frontier? I'm watching it now and it's pretty damn good. Affleck's giving a good performance

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York

For me, personally, any comparison to Donner/Raimi style of superheroics is the highest compliment one can pay to these movies.

I know for many it seems Marvel in nature, but there's something about their style... that's a bit more sincere and genuine. And really think they understand the hero doesn't need to be the coolest person in your movie/their world.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago

For me, personally, any comparison to Donner/Raimi style of superheroics is the highest compliment one can pay to these movies.

I know for many it seems Marvel in nature, but there's something about their style... that's a bit more sincere and genuine. And really think they understand the hero doesn't need to be the coolest person in your movie/their world.

I'll take that comparison over the mcu anyday

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Please let Shazam be a monster hit. He's been my favorite character for a long fucking time.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the 3 week gap until End Game will affect Shazam. Any good legs it might show will be chopped off and fed to the wolves

Penguin

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I wonder if the 3 week gap until End Game will affect Shazam. Any good legs it might show will be chopped off and fed to the wolves

It's the movies 4th weekend

Like I mean even with amazing legs, it would have made most of its money by then

For comparison

Aquaman had made 287 million out of it's 334 million by it's 4th weekend.
Wonder Woman 318 out of its 412

Ok WW had a lot more juice i the tank

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
When the original trailer leaked, and word of the humming came out, some people took the John Williams theme as a personal insult and a slight against other movies and railed on Sandberg. They're still going after him today now that the humming scene is in that Chinese trailer.
Oh man. I keep forgetting how petty people can be.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's the movies 4th weekend

Like I mean even with amazing legs, it would have made most of its money by then

For comparison

Aquaman had made 287 million out of it's 334 million by it's 4th weekend.
Wonder Woman 318 out of its 412

Ok WW had a lot more juice i the tank
I kind of expect Shazam to not be as front loaded as other CBM because of it's more family nature. But then again, I'm pulling theories and numbers out of my ass

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm really glad that Shazam did not cost some insane number. Maybe it can pull a venom/Deadpool and bank hard off that smaller budget.

Sometimes things go way beyond what's a reasonable number to recoup. Alita I'm looking at you.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I predict an official Black Adam announcement soon after Shazam drops.
twb81ram6al11.gif

"WB and New Line Cinema Cancel Black Adam Movie"

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I expect that number to go up from the mid 40s. I checked the showings at 3 theaters near for the previews. 1 theater has almost sold out both
Another is about half sold.A third is not selling well right now but that seeing as how this is a one day thing that was just announced and not heavily advertised.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still very upset that they couldn't have Superman in the promo material for JL. What a goddamn waste.

And yea Shazam looks a bit plain. Wish they went for a different design but I'm not creative enough to think of something so I won't complain. And maybe have little Billy up there but idk

Status
Not open for further replies.