• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Flash is not hitting 2020 no matter what happens.

I won't miss Ezra though. I'm sure he's very talented in other projects, and I blame Whedon for his terrible Flash in JL, but I would prefer someone a bit older.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly, as I have stated previously it's clear that WB want him gone from the role. But this just makes it look like a circus. WB should just be flank with Ezra and tell him that he is no longer in their plans for the Flash, as unfortunate as that may be, and just move on.
They're fine with Ezra in the role but if he wants to go in a different direction than what they're already want then he can be recast. That's the general mindset.

Ezra is forcing HIMSELF out the role with this risky play instead of just going with what was already established. This movie is probably gonna be in production later this year with or without him.
Flash is not hitting 2020 no matter what happens.

I won't miss Ezra though. I'm sure he's very talented in other projects, and I blame Whedon for his terrible Flash in JL, but I would prefer someone a bit older.
Uh. It was never hitting 2020. The speculated date was in 2021 with a production start of later this year.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
They're fine with Ezra in the role but if he wants to go in a different direction than what they're already want then he can be recast. That's the general mindset.

Ezra is forcing HIMSELF out the role with this risky play instead of just going with what was already established. This movie is probably gonna be in production later this year with or without him.
Hopefully so, this movie has had too many delays already. I just want to finally see this movie get made.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish we could have at least gotten Snyder's JL now that they're recasting everyone except WW and Aquaman. Instead the original vision for the franchise ended with a wet fart (a butchered JL).

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That first Doom Patrol episode was rad. Super bizarre, and it could have easily been a disaster with lesser talent involved, but somehow they made this thing work so well. Definitely need to subscribe now.

Also caught Young Justice: Outsiders. Dug the first episode a bit, even if the animation is a bit stiff, the voice cast makes up for it (even if hearing Troy Baker and Nolan North can be distracting lol)

Could I continue right through Outsiders, or should I watch the first two seasons?

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Ezra seems like a cool, funny guy. I wonder how bad the script/vision is that he doesn't want to deal with it

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Miller writing Flash himself is weird as hell...but a Morrison-penned Flash movie would be baller... don't know how to react to this news :lol

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That first Doom Patrol episode was rad. Super bizarre, and it could have easily been a disaster with lesser talent involved, but somehow they made this thing work so well. Definitely need to subscribe now.

Also caught Young Justice: Outsiders. Dug the first episode a bit, even if the animation is a bit stiff, the voice cast makes up for it (even if hearing Troy Baker and Nolan North can be distracting lol)

Could I continue right through Outsiders, or should I watch the first two seasons?
Watch the fiest 2 seasons since outaiders is a continuation.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
Darker has a spectrum as well, The flash series looks 'darker' than Shazam, WW is darker than both. If you are going to be throwing the kitchen sink having a guy like Morrison is one hell of a piece to have as support

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
What exactly is "continuity"? People are making it sound like some big issue. It'll be new characters and a new story. There is nothing to continue. Big deal! Just have the same Waller and Margot. That's all you need

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes if they recast anyone (Deadshot) and act like the events of the first movie never happened. People are right to call that a mess. Maybe you do this for a top tier director, but not a mediocre one like Gunn.

You forget that Suicide Squad was actually a hit movie.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
What exactly is "continuity"? People are making it sound like some big issue. It'll be new characters and a new story. There is nothing to continue. Big deal! Just have the same Waller and Margot. That's all you need

Events from the previous film are recognised as being in the same story. Hard reboot is everything is thrown out, start over - soft reboot is things happened but not like they originally did but we're going to ignore the bad stuff and keep the good stuff. Justice League did the latter.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Events from the previous film are recognised as being in the same story. Hard reboot is everything is thrown out, start over - soft reboot is things happened but not like they originally did but we're going to ignore the bad stuff and keep the good stuff. Justice League did the latter.
What I mean is nothing from the first movie has to be in the sequel, hard reboot or not. Its entirely self contained if they have new characters. I don't think they will have much in the plot to explicitly "reboot" and contradict the first movie. I think they just won't address it

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes if they recast anyone (Deadshot) and act like the events of the first movie never happened. People are right to call that a mess. Maybe you do this for a top tier director, but not a mediocre one like Gunn.

Lol, you can't talk business and call Gunn a mediocre director just because you don't particularly like his films.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, you can't talk business and call Gunn a mediocre director just because you don't particularly like his films.
When I say top tier, I mean someone special. Like when we'd consider a George Miller or someone coming on board.

Gunn's got nothing but low budget busts to his name outside the Marvel hit machine. In the grand scheme of filmmaking, he's objectively mediocre at best.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
But we need to preserve the continuity of the Skawd! You know the team that exist to be disavowed and have members replaced whenever the need should arise.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Squad2 as a reboot seems kind of redundant , just have Waller pick up diffrent group of inmates for a new mission unrelated to the last, the no need for direct continuation of the first is baked into the concept .

Oct 25, 2017

Transformers were also "hit movies", and they were reviewed about as well as Suicide Squad was.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
These producers need to stop talking. I guarantee they are just using the wrong words and causing misunderstandings.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Should've just restarted, but nope, they were hell bent on keeping two actors. So now it's going to be a mess as they navigate recasting, but trying to keep some continuity, but not really.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
When I say top tier, I mean someone special. Like when we'd consider a George Miller or someone coming on board.

Gunn's got nothing but low budget busts to his name outside the Marvel hit machine. In the grand scheme of filmmaking, he's objectively mediocre at best.
So outside of the two movies that did extremely well commercially and critically, are the last two movies he has done, and are by far the most like the movie he is making for DC when compared to his earlier stuff.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So outside of the two movies that did extremely well commercially and critically, are the last two movies he has done, and are by far the most like the movie he is making for DC when compared to his earlier stuff.
What's the last Marvel movie that didn't do well commercially and critically? Incredible Hulk?

Having a successful Marvel movie doesn't really prove anything. Circumstances aside, Whedon godfatherered the MCU machine and nearly destroyed the DCEU.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Circumstances aside, Whedon godfatherered the MCU machine and nearly destroyed the DCEU.

Nothing Whedon could have done would have saved Justice League, he was there to make something salvageable at the last minute, and I think he did all he could. It's not like Whedon was there to shepherd the movie from day one, unlike with the Avengers movies.

What I mean is nothing from the first movie has to be in the sequel, hard reboot or not. Its entirely self contained if they have new characters. I don't think they will have much in the plot to explicitly "reboot" and contradict the first movie. I think they just won't address it

Yeah. That's what I thought they needed to do, too.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nothing Whedon could have done would have saved Justice League, he was there to make something salvageable at the last minute, and I think he did all he could. It's not like Whedon was there to shepherd the movie from day one, unlike with the Avengers movies.
Whedon and his quips, music choices, cg mustache and Russian family sure didn't help. Taking out darkseid and having the parademons turn on steppenwolf was terrible, I'd like a fabled Snyder cut just to see how far Snyder would've pushed it.

Kal on the ship alone stirs emotion better than the crap whedon is responsible for, like that awful begin with those kids.

Whedon is a hack and even when he does something day one it can be total garbage aka ultron.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Whedon and his quips, music choices, cg mustache and Russian family sure didn't help.

Whedon is a hack and even when he does something day one it can be total garbage aka ultron.

I disagree. He improved many scenes, like giving Superman dialogue. Had Snyder been at the helm he'd have been mute again because reasons.

But this wasn't Ultron, he stepped in at the last minute. Ultron was vastly better than Justice League, and that was a let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.