• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Also for any of you who have it, DC Universe dumped a crap ton more comics.

I believe it's well over 12,000 issues now.

Also Justice League vs Fatal Five animated movie was added.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
So what's next? The Rock's Black Adam flick? Flash is in the air. Shouldn't they be filming SS2 this year? Then there's Reeve's Batman.

Suicide Squad. You have firm casting of parts for that film and Gunn is getting that done before going to GOTG 3. Batman has no casting whatsoever. Black Adam does have a script that was turned back in March, so they could start kicking off on that too.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Got my long sleeve in today! Really nice quality.
8NiB4Svh.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The marketing/trailers were underwhelming and that's what lead to the numbers being low.

WB completely dropped the ball. I dont know how well thought out their new strategy is. Since they switched it up their opening weekend totals have steadily gone down. I don't think it is a coincidence.

Their is a middle ground between showing way too much like BVS and showing so little you undersell the movie like Shazam.

One of the reasons Suicide Squad did so well was the diversity of the cast. Shazam had diversity with all the kids and it should have been at forefront of the marketing. The trailers made it look like they didn't even exist.

Anecdotally most people I talked to friends, co workers, family etc didn't even know the movie existed or was out. But everyone was well aware of Captain Marvel.

Sandberg delivered a great film and WB fumbled the ball.

Feels like every film now coming from DC has everybody asking where the hell is the marketing?

Showing that comic con trailer which created a good buzz and then never following up on it until basically right before release was a colossal mistake. WB left lot of money on the table and they need to re-evaluate this marketing strategy. DC does not have the brand good will to get by without heavy marketing right now.[/QUOTE]

The fact that the general audience just forked over a billion dollars to The Fishboy - which had the same marketing strategy/person in charge (WB changed the person in charge of that after JL) - makes me think the "brand awareness" is fine. Both that and Sparklefingers also overperformed in tracking when it came to it's opening weekends.

What wasn't fine, to me, was the release date. If WB wanted it to be viewed like a family movie, they should have stuck it somewhere in the summer or closer to a holiday.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Shazam got the same kind of marketing push as Aquaman. And ones a billion dollar film while the other isn't. From the same marketing team. Is it Oochie Wally or is it One Mic.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they are releasing Titans Season 1 on blu ray. Might bite on that, hopefully that means they may do that for all their shows. Cause I will be first in line for Doom Patrol

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh FFS. That's the series I was looking forward to the most. Even had my dad hyped up... we used to watch the old show a lot when I was a kid.
Yeah. This has been the one show I've been anticipating out of the DC Universe stuff. I hope they'll manage to put together a 10-episode season at least.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if they saw the reaction to Disney+, looked at what they were planning for their WB streaming service, and decided to step their game up.
How would ending production step their game up though. If anything they should finish filming and then save their stuff for the new WB service. Ending it 3 episodes early helps nobody. Although the article does say they are rewriting the ending. Maybe the stuff they've seen of the show just sucks?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
How would ending production step their game up though. If anything they should finish filming and then save their stuff for the new WB service. Ending it 3 episodes early helps nobody. Although the article does say they are rewriting the ending. Maybe the stuff they've seen of the show just sucks?
I'm talking about reevaluation of the DC Universe platform part and WB's planned future streaming service. WB saw Disney+ and may have decided to put everything under one banner instead of having like 5 separate streaming services going at one time.
The Swamp Thing production issue might be them being close to the max budget with 3 episodes left so WB told them to wrap it up now. Or like you said maybe they saw it, thought it was trash, told them to cut it and redo the ending.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
The fact that the general audience just forked over a billion dollars to The Fishboy - which had the same marketing strategy/person in charge (WB changed the person in charge of that after JL) - makes me think the "brand awareness" is fine. Both that and Sparklefingers also overperformed in tracking when it came to it's opening weekends.

What wasn't fine, to me, was the release date. If WB wanted it to be viewed like a family movie, they should have stuck it somewhere in the summer or closer to a holiday.
Shazam got the same kind of marketing push as Aquaman. And ones a billion dollar film while the other isn't. From the same marketing team. Is it Oochie Wally or is it One Mic.

Comparing aquaman and Shazam isn't 1:1.

Aquaman had a trailer full of spectacle that gave you a great idea of what the film was. And despite whatever anyone's opinion on Justice League it still gave audiences a taste for him.

The trailers for shazam barely scratched the surface of what the film was. They should have leaned hard into the diversity of the cast. The trailers made it look even smaller in scope than the film was.

Not to mention, James Wan is a bankable name. Marketing could lean on that.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
The movie was small in scope. The trailers delved into what they could without spoiling important parts of the movie.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give Reeves until the end of May to cast Bruce Wayne.

If he's not gonna make that, I al going to shoot that darn movie, fine!

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Bautista could still be King Shark if its mostly just voice work involved, right?

SS2 is shaping up very nicely though.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
So Johnny Depp may have tried to have Amber Heard removed from Aquaman?
Sources familiar with the deposition requests say Tsujihara will be asked to testify under oath about whether or not he played a role in "blacklisting" Heard at Warner Bros. Depp, a star in the studio's Fantastic Beasts franchise (he plays Grindelwald), is alleged to have personally lobbied Tsujihara to remove the actress from Aquaman and block her from getting other projects. (Heard ultimately did co-star in Aquaman, which was released in December.)

Status
Not open for further replies.