• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Because generally speaking, were in the endgame now .
Thread will come alive when there will be news to discuss i bet .

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
" I wish people were discussing the DCEU some more" , the man asked of his monkey paw. As a cruel finger curls, a new article came online, discussing THE SNYDER CUT .

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I was just thinking about this thread this morning and how it's been awfully quiet around the DCEU rumor mill lately. Not much to talk about when you have 2 good movies in a row and other productions going along just fine with no BS rumors coming out from "sources" every other day.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about this thread this morning and how it's been awfully quiet around the DCEU rumor mill lately. Not much to talk about when you have 2 good movies in a row and other productions going along just fine with no BS rumors coming out from "sources" every other day.
They moved on to the DCU. Also congrats on jinx it now!

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Any hype rumors would've been lost in the endgame talk.

All quiet now but I gotta imagine it's gonna be a killer comic con this year.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's MCU's world for the next 2 weeks or so. I can't imagine DC would be dumb enough to put anything out there right now other than leaks. Might as well wait for SDCC at this point

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
It's MCU's world for the next 2 weeks or so. I can't imagine DC would be dumb enough to put anything out there right now other than leaks. Might as well wait for SDCC at this point
Someone showed me a teaser pic for an Outlaws game that was dated for Friday and I refused to believe it was real solely because WB cannot be that dumb. No one is releasing news then unless they want to bury it.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Basically. Plus WB themselves have Detective Pikachu and Godzilla to focus on right now. Really no need or space to release any DC news.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

I keep on wanting to bump the thread, but there's really not much to talk about.

It's weird... we're in a period of... normalcy for the universe.

Last two films were received well, the next few entered and finished production without any headaches. We know what's in the future.

There's not much to discuss. Can't even argue about movie quality because people mostly enjoyed Shazam, and folks like Aquaman and those who don't... it's not hard to see their POV so nothing to argue.

We've become... Marvel.
:(

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I keep on wanting to bump the thread, but there's really not much to talk about.

It's weird... we're in a period of... normalcy for the universe.

Last two films were received well, the next few entered and finished production without any headaches. We know what's in the future.

There's not much to discuss. Can't even argue about movie quality because people mostly enjoyed Shazam, and folks like Aquaman and those who don't... it's not hard to see their POV so nothing to argue.

We've become... Marvel.
:(
Better than becoming the Dark Universe.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So Doom Patrol is airing the finale this week as well? Netflix when?

Doom Patrol's got like another... 5 episodes or so to go.
Better than becoming the Dark Universe.
Maybe I'll write it down some place, but I think/hope more "connected" universes follow DC's lead and not necessarily Marvel.

I know Marvel's more successful, but DC didn't just shut down shop after one or two critically panned movies, they took time, re-evaluated what has and hasn't worked for them and made adjustments. Not just with talent, but also with regards to budget and markting.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a chance to see Shazam today, I quite enjoyed it. I was surprised at how menacing the sins ended up being, and the Shazam family was great as expected.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
My brother and a friend weren't aware of Shazam existence, and they were very interested when I talked about it. So something must have been wrong with the marketing.
Either it was intentional and they are fine with a 400M WW or they failed somewhere.

Whatched Endgame today, I hope that one day the DCEU can build an universe and storylines like that. Even if Marvel formula is not perfect, nothing is, I'd like to live and see an epic and grand story with Superman, Green Lantern etc.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
My brother and a friend weren't aware of Shazam existence, and they were very interested when I talked about it. So something must have been wrong with the marketing.
Either it was intentional and they are fine with a 400M WW or they failed somewhere.

Whatched Endgame today, I hope that one day the DCEU can build an universe and storylines like that. Even if Marvel formula is not perfect, nothing is, I'd like to live and see an epic and grand story with Superman, Green Lantern etc.

That's why I really hope they continue with a shared universe and don't ditch it like some people want. Once they have established these heroes with their solo movies I hope they start building to something like End Game.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
That's why I really hope they continue with a shared universe and don't ditch it like some people want. Once they have established these heroes with their solo movies I hope they start building to something like End Game.
Yes, and the legion of doom tease is one of the good things that came out of Justice League.
It's different, very true to DC, it's a really good track. But they need to create movies with more univers building. BoP, SS2 are great but it's very small in terms of world buildong with pillar heroes.
New Gods is a great idea but i don't see this movie moving forward anytime soon.
The Batman might be a prequel so no precise world buildind and WW84 too.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Legion of Doom vs JL is so perfect. It just makes too much sense I suppose. The villains are already fucking setup! Ugh.

OP
OP
ody

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a random pick but from an opt-in list. Would people here want to participate?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be cool but I think it'd be better to wait till we get some hot news to discuss

We're gonna be slow for a while I reckon

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I rewatched Flashpoint Paradox yesterday. In a few years, done right, it has the potential to be real epic as a Justice League movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.