• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen backlash this year when the first issue released. I would have to guess there's still some today.
I didn't know she was taking inspiration from this comic...
I've read Mister Miracle recently, it's kind of a standalone, but damn, it's so good. Barda is such a cool character, one of my favorite (Ava's too) so I hope she'll do her justice.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I just want to have a movie where we can see batman or superman's extended family. Gimmie some robin's and batgirls, and superboy and super girl.

It's sad the only movies who did this was Schumucker's.

This comic reminds me of Mad Max Fury Road:

- Darkseid rapes Granny Goodness.
- Another female who is apart of Grannies Furies was also raped by one of the generals. The same position that Granny is fighting for.
- She was also killed by the same person that raped her.
- It's basically women trying to be equal as the men kind of story.
Ava liked some of the tweets from the writer herself. I've only seen a rumor, but if she's really taking inspiration from this comic then a lot of DC fans are going to be pissed.

giphy.gif

Is Snyder secretly directing that movie? lol

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Folks in the OT sure love repeating themselves...

More on topic, I'm gonna echo the sentiment that this movie better be worth it. This is ridiculous.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017

I second this notion. WB probably gave a lot of concessions to have Reeves onboard and he is clearly making the most out of the deal. They should just get rid of him now and bring someone else to direct because I have the feeling that in the end, once WB applies even the slightest amount of pressure on that guy he will just leave on his own and things will end up much worse.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
What comes out first The Flash or Batman?
Let's see. An undated film vs a film that is dated to comes out June 2021.

Also, get rid of your a great director that's probably working with the studio and pushing back according to their request brehs!

You think that's not gonna push the film back further?!

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see. An undated film vs a film that is dated to comes out June 2021.

Also, get rid of your a great director that's probably working with the studio and pushing back according to their request brehs!

You think that's not gonna push the film back further?!
I'll put you down as one vote for Flash then!
Jk

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
#NoReeves#BAsTaMAN

I would rather Reeves leave now and delay the film instead of giving him the satisfaction of screwing the character over. He has had over 2 years to work on the script and quite frankly I think he is just playing WB executives for fools. They are fools of course... you know what let the guy keep swindling WB. They deserve it.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, just give up on OT. At this point they just sound like people whining about her emails.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Reeves better be coming with that hot fire. Cause wow. I understand if there's been a lot of shuffling and roadblocks behind the scenes... but if he's taking a while to write this thing it better be more than good.

Has it been confirmed the first movie is a prequel?

Seriously, just give up on OT. At this point they just sound like people whining about her emails.
Been done with that. Don't need that in my life.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
WW: well received, made bank.
JL: ... we don't talk about that one.
Aquaman: well received, currently the highest grossing debut solo film of all time
Shazam: well received, at worst WB has to wait until the home release to make a profit

IDK guys. DC should reboot everything. Clearly nothing they are doing is working.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
WW: well received, made bank.
JL: ... we don't talk about that one.
Aquaman: well received, currently the highest grossing debut solo film of all time
Shazam: well received, at worst WB has to wait until the home release to make a profit

IDK guys. DC should reboot everything. Clearly nothing they are doing is working.
People just want their damn universe because Marvel did it.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reeves better have an amazing film up his sleeve with it taking this long. At this rate, by the time his film is out he'll have spent more time on Batman than Affleck did in the role.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
first hour of end game went on too long, but man the rest made me so angry at JL. So beautiful and touching, zacks idea of dark must just have been dark colour grading

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
first hour of end game went on too long, but man the rest made me so angry at JL. So beautiful and touching, zacks idea of dark must just have been dark colour grading
Endgame was excellent, better then anything DC has put out post-Nolan, but if we're bringing up Zack's visuals versus the Russo's, it's not even close. The Bros don't have an eye for visuals, Endgame is as drab and dull as DMCV

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
Endgame was excellent, better then anything DC has put out post-Nolan, but if we're bringing up Zack's visuals versus the Russo's, it's not even close. The Bros don't have an eye for visuals, Endgame is as drab and dull as DMCV
nah I meant in tone. Endgame felt perfect, emotionally I bought into the situation they were in and felt like most of the performances went up a level especially the main man stark

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Honestly I don't get the praise for Endgame at all, Infinity War was miles ahead of it. Endgame felt like a CW arrow crossover where they clearly have budget for one battle and spend the rest of it on fun "heroes fight heroes/ villains imitate heroes/heroes meet their past selves" tropes. And in the end everything works out conveniently OK for everyone, maybe one person dies because their contract is up.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Am I the only one who was not blown away by Endgame? Don't get me wrong it was good, but I actually prefer Shazam to it lmao.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Even if we don't claim 2019(when it was officially announced so we should claim it) and place it in 2017 then that's 4 years. Same time as Reeves. Acting like we weren't complaining when we barely got any updates from Affleck and Johns during their tenure is laughable.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one who was not blown away by Endgame? Don't get me wrong it was good, but I actually prefer Shazam to it lmao.
I'm still trying to figure out my feeling towards it. At first I thought it was a satisfying conclusion to the arc that the MCU has been building up, but every time I think about it I have more and more issues with it.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, but one of the reasons was that he's supposed to start a shooting in October so he was out.
Last two rumored were Aaron Taylor Johnson and Nicholas Hoult.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
ATJ would be cool

Hoult is a good choice as well, it'd just be strange to see him as Wayne right after coming off of X-Men

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, but one of the reasons was that he's supposed to start a shooting in October so he was out.
Last two rumored were Aaron Taylor Johnson and Nicholas Hoult.
It's great that they are looking for someone young, but I really hope it's not a prequel.

Would be nice to have an "event" of sorts to justify all the recasts they're doing.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
If they still have Jk Simmons and Irons as Gordon and Alfred I think they could get away with pretending nothing happened. Especially if WB went out and said BvS and JL are no longer cannon and that one line in Aquaman can be ignored.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
If they still have Jk Simmons and Irons as Gordon and Alfred I think they could get away with pretending nothing happened. Especially if WB went out and said BvS and JL are no longer cannon and that one line in Aquaman can be ignored.
Yeah but if they recast Flash, Supes, Batman, and the Joker (which would be easy with the makeup), then it becomes a bit harder to ignore. Sometimes it's helpful to let everyone know "Hey! So we're kinda starting fresh except for the stuff you liked! Here's the in universe story that explains it." It's not necessary but would kind of fit their soft reboot mindset.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Hoult would need to bulk up something fierce wouldn't he? Last I saw him he's like a twig

Endgame was an ok movie, but a pretty satisfying conclusion for a 20 movie story. Sure some things could have gone another way but you gotta be able to appreciate what they were able to do. I don't know if they can do it again to be honest

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
With Reeves seemingly focused more on the detective side of things, I doubt we'll see a roided up/thicc Batman. Probably moreso physically fit than monstrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.