• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
How can we be calm when Marvu and Feigu are beating DC to the punch. How can we not feel depressed when WB announces New Gods only for Feigu to announce Eternals shortly after. Now this entire multiverse thing effectively making it impossible for the DCEU to pursue it. Feigu knows exactly what he's doing and that is making sure that the DCEU cant grow.

266121723697430528.png
.....Why?

Marvel and DC have been reading each others' notes for decades. Are folks really expecting their movies to never cover some of the same ground? They're practically the same damn company.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I mean Feige has literally cited the Donner Superman films as being a source of inspiration for the MCU. Quality is quality, doesn't matter if it's your competitor you have to have to take a look at what's worked in the past and what's working right now.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Nah I'm fine with the status of the DCEU as it is rather than the times we keep hearing about films and characters in development from blogging sites and rumor mills that get us all into a frenzied panic. If there's anything that Walter Hamada's been doing right as of now, it's been keeping those leaks and rumors in line. We just gotta wait till SDCC and we'll forget all about how well the MCU is doing. WB knows they have one of the hugest blockbuster properties in the wake of the MCU'S success and it's going to take some time.

And personally the DCEU has been 7/7 for me. Love all the films to varying degrees and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
.....Why?

Marvel and DC have been reading each others' notes for decades. Are folks really expecting their movies to never cover some of the same ground? They're practically the same damn company.
Frankly I believe that Feigu is stepping on DCs figurative toes on purpose while acting like he doesn't have any animosity toward them. The movie industry like any other capitalist industry is a seriously savage business where the ones at the top can get away with anything, whether that is stealing ideas or laundering money.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not too worried for the DC storylines if they want to do something like Endgame. I mean look at all the great storylines that are absolutely epic in the comics, and those are just the first one that cames in my mind :

Crisis on infinite earths
Identity Crisis
Final Crisis
Flashpoint Paradox
Justice
Darkseid War
Injustice League
Blackest Night

It's only a question of if WB is really willing to build something like that or if they only want to create characters that are in the same universe but don't interact with each others.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I mean people clearly dig the connected universe concept but you actually have to have a game plan well ahead of time. How many of them have failed at this point?

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
You can still have a shared universe even if you don't connect every movie. The DC heroes exist in Aquaman and WW even if they don't show up there in any way. Shazam flat out mention them in the movie. You can't expect them to be at the same point Marvel is right now, DC/WB have pretty much started over since JL so if Aquaman, WW and Shazam is the soft reboot we're only three movies in.

Also they're not new to connected universes, they've been pretty successful with their CW and Animated universe. Snyder probably never even had plans for a big Marvel like shared universe when he did Man of Steel and WB should never have let him be the head of it. But we're past that now and they're actually building the universe now with their solo movies, like Marvel did in Phase 1.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Well Aquaman 2 is an interesting release date now. Disney moved a SW movie to December of that year.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Behold the scorching of my coming hot take :
Aquaman was sorta like an underwater star-wars .

That is a compliment .

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Well Aquaman 2 is an interesting release date now. Disney moved a SW movie to December of that year.
They're gonna move it. WB can't be that dumb. Don't care that the first one did a billion, it wasn't going up against a Star Wars movie. They also gave it plenty of time to film and do VFX work, so moving it up a month or two won't kill them.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna move it. WB can't be that dumb. Don't care that the first one did a billion, it wasn't going up against a Star Wars movie. They also gave it plenty of time to film and do VFX work, so moving it up a month or two won't kill them.
I think they'll move it to the summer and try to establish up a DC weekend like Marvel has established a few weekends.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I was just thinking about how WB should stagger their releases for DC movies going forward and I think they really need to have at least one key Justice League member movie a year then B/C tier characters along with it. Wonder Woman next year, Batman in 2021, and Aquaman in 2022 has that covered, but we really need that Superman movie in 2022 or 2023. And hey, we might even get a Flash movie in there as well!

Nov 13, 2017
Comparing the DCEU and MCU doesn't interest me in the slightest. They're each doing their own thing, and the comparisons bring nothing but hate for the DCEU.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Behold the scorching of my coming hot take :
Aquaman was sorta like an underwater star-wars .

That is a compliment .
I've said it multiple times, but it's the best Star Wars movie I've seen since Rogue One!

I only say that because the spectacle is on the level of Star Wars. Then people here say "Yeah, if that's all you watch Star Wars for." Ummm... if SW wasn't a spectacle, a feast for the eyes, it wouldn't have been nearly as popular.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it multiple times, but it's the best Star Wars movie I've seen since Rogue One!

I only say that because the spectacle is on the level of Star Wars. Then people here say "Yeah, if that's all you watch Star Wars for." Ummm... if SW wasn't a spectacle, a feast for the eyes, it wouldn't have been nearly as popular.
I come to SW for gripping talks about trade federations and laws.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Final Fantasy XII at the moment and it's literally Star Wars lol

Even has its own Han Solo and Chewbacca. Would be funny if the main character and the princess happen to be siblings.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Mary Floppins, and Bumblebee were supposed to kill Aquaman 1 with the Holiday release. They should hold steady with the date.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

I cannot for the life of me remember any spectacles from SW @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.