• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I have my doubts. But we shall see.

atlas_BJM5cx7fb@2x.png

atlas_H1PLkOqV-@2x.png

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Blame the audience for Shazam's performance then. And they should worry about making their own money and not challenge Marvel.
I don't think they can when Disney projects dominate most of the key annual dates.

When you consider that most families go to the cinema around 5-6 times a year Disney is eating everyone's lunch with (normally) 1x Star Wars, 3x Marvel, 1x Live Action, 1x Pixar every year.

WB has been smarter in its approach with DC in recent years and I genuinely looking forward to their projects but the performance of Shazam is a big warning light IMO. They've gone cheap and smart this year but they won't clear up. They need to create some energy.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
This is kind of ridiculous considering the amount of success Warners had as a whole last year. If anything, that would/should show that the company can work around Disney.
Fantastic Beasts was a disappointment, so was Shazam, Lego movie 2 and Pokemon. Godzilla not looking too hot. All films which would normally do big business for WB. All they got left this year is IT2 and Joker both of which are one offs.

Next couple years are strong I grant you but the fact that so many their franchises are underperforming should be of concern.

Nov 13, 2017
Fantastic Beasts was a disappointment, so was Shazam, Lego movie 2 and Pokemon. Godzilla not looking too hot. All films which would normally do big business for WB. All they got left this year is IT2 and Joker both of which are one offs.

Next couple years are strong I grant you but the fact that so many their franchises are underperforming should be of concern.
Ticket prices need to come down or something. I truly believe that most people are not willing to watch more than one movie a month, and 9/10 times it's going to be a Disney movie.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Ticket prices need to come down or something. I truly believe that most people are not willing to watch more than one movie a month, and 9/10 times it's going to be a Disney movie.
Yeah that's entirely my point. Disney have become the go to family theatre experience and they have enough strong franchises to starve out competition so that a lot of other films are underperforming. Hence my original point that WB needs to step up its game with DC.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily. Marvel have peaked with Endgame for a while but are already taking the initiative with announcing phase 4 projects. Now is the time for Warners to start gearing up in response.

Shazam should have done a lot better and deserved to. They can't rely on a series of unconnected films if they want to start challenging Disney. With the underperformance of brands like Harry Potter and Pokemon, WB need to double down on DC.
WB announced like 50 DC movies. You want them to make even more announcements? Besides WB has like a movie coming out for each month until 2022. Pokemon is already getting a sequel, Godzilla is this month, It comes out september, joker october.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Why should we discount what he did in the MCU? With material which will have many things in common with it? He's not going to make Slither here.

It's not like the Suicide Squad brand is going to him, either.
Because you cant extrapolate a director/actors popularity in the MCU and think it translates into box office outside of it.

I'm not saying it wont be a success but to think James Gunn is a draw is a stretch for me. It's that type of thinking that has led to Chris Hemsworth starring in flop after flop and the entire Joss Whedon debacle with Justice League.

James Gunn has yet to prove he can succeed outside the MCU machine. That's all I'm saying.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Because you cant extrapolate a director/actors popularity in the MCU and think it translates into box office outside of it.

I'm not saying it wont be a success but to think James Gunn is a draw is a stretch for me. It's that type of thinking that has led to Chris Hemsworth starring in flop after flop and the entire Joss Whedon debacle with Justice League.

James Gunn has yet to prove he can succeed outside the MCU machine. That's all I'm saying.

That's fair.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It's always amusing seeing the same users always rush into any perceived negative news about DC to spew their regurgitated posts.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
The WW script that was leaked was an unproduced one from the dark ages of the early 2000's, not one that was used in the actual movie .
Still, script are always changing even during a shoot, some of everyone favorite movies were reading awfully if you look at the shooting script , so this alone is no reason to panic ,

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Basically that joker thread is people being upset that he would do something the joker would do. And from that one scene, it makes the movie bad.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I remember having a discussion here because it was revealed that there were huge script changes minutes before shooting the scene. I assume the script this person read is an older one. Of course, OT wouldn't care about that

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember having a discussion here because it was revealed that there were huge script changes minutes before shooting the scene. I assume the script this person read is an older one. Of course, OT wouldn't care about that
Also it being in the script doesn't mean it was shot. Could have been cut in filming if they felt it was vibing with the rest of the film.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Disney reinstalls Snyder as the architect of the DCEU stating they liked his vision but he didn't have studio support. However, Disney is there to support him.

Internet implodes.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
In an alternate universe somewhere, Snyder is the head of MCU and he just kills people left and right. I'd like to live in that universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.