• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SNAP I am OK with this. Thankfully he's a good actor so I expect to see a lot of people defending it in the OT....now off to the OT

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm willing to give Pattinson a chance. I remember a lot of people disapproved of Heath Ledger when he was cast as the Joker, but he ended up proving everyone wrong, so I'm hopeful Pattinson will do the same.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Lmao remember when everyone got mad when Affleck got announced as the new Batman? Hope you're ready for round 2!

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I think he's a fantastic actor and I love the casting.

I suspect most are only familiar with his twilight work still and will spit hot takes about it.

He's more than proven himself as an actor.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
And overreactions in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Personally, gonna keep an open mind, heard he's been great in Good Time and other shit that I haven't seen

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of either of them but I suppose it was always going to be a downgrade after seeing Affleck's Batman.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Some of the sites are already back tracking off "confirmed"

While a deal has not yet been made and it is unclear if there is an offer on the table, Robert Pattinson is a top contender play Batman in Matt Reeves' DC movie for Warner Bros.
It is also unclear who else is on Reeves' short list, other names that have been floated alongside Pattinson's were Armie Hammer, Nicholas Hoult and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind Robert but I'd rather have Armie. If they put Pattinson in there, he needs to gain another 60 pounds... he broods well too.

But damn I hated Twilight.

MajorGripex

Oct 25, 2017
Been a fan since twilight tho.

Anyways I don't mind him but Armie was the one I really wanted.

Honestly, I think most of my disappointment stems from the fact that it's not Gyllenhaal... He was my dream casting. I have so much faith in Reeves though, so it really doesn't matter who ends up wearing the cowl.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Bus-TEE called it. Pattinson has got this in the bag. I'm down.

I thought Armie would easily grab the role though.

Hoult is great, but dude's already attached to the impending failure of Dark Phoenix. WB doesn't want that baggage.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind Robert but I'd rather have Armie. If they put Pattinson in there, he needs to gain another 60 pounds... he broods well too.

But damn I hated Twilight.
Twilight is barely a footnote in Pattinson's filmography at this point, he moved far beyond it. He has been doing great work for nearly a decade straight.

Pattinson is a far better actor than anyone else in talks. Brilliant choice.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they get Charlie Hunnam as Oliver Queen they can have a nice Lost City of Z reunion.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Twilight is barely a footnote in Pattinson's filmography at this point, he moved far beyond it. He has been doing great work for nearly a decade straight.

Pattinson is a far better actor than anyone else in talks. Brilliant choice.
The only thing I saw him in kinda recently was The Rover, which was decent. Not saying he's a bad actor but he just reminds me of Twilight and my hatred for it.

I'm sure I'll forget it when I see a picture or trailer with him in the suit.

Still want Armie... I wonder if he's being iffy on the role or if Reeves is being picky.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fine with Pattinson, but can't get over the idea of starting all over again with a younger Batman. Had the chance to hit the ground running on the Bat Family before with BeastFleck. Sucks...

How will they even handle that? The Flashpoint reset didn't end up happening. So is Reeves Batman a reboot, a prequel a la Wonder Woman, standalone, or what?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fine with Pattinson, but can't get over the idea of starting all over again with a younger Batman. Had the chance to hit the ground running on the Bat Family before with BeastFleck. Sucks...

How will they even handle that? The Flashpoint reset didn't end up happening. So is Reeves Batman a reboot, a prequel a la Wonder Woman, standalone, or what?

From what I remember, rumors suggested it's a prequel set about 15 years before BVS when Bruce had only been Batman for a few years.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Wish DC/WB hadn't fumbled the beginning of the DCEU. Now we're in this weird nebulous zone. Who knows when we'll get some shared-universe shenanigans. I mean, Shazam kind of stuck itself firmly in the DC universe, but it didn't really feel like it was necessarily part of the DCEU proper.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I really really hope that if this movie is a prequel, Reeves tries to tie in things to the BvS/JL Batman look and feel. Stuff like the voice modulator in the cowl, the logo (probably slightly tweaked but still clear that it's a precursor to the fat bat logo), and his suit in general. No trunks, grey base, not all armored up. That's my biggest problem when they have different directors take over, they just change everything to set their "vision" apart. The Batcave will probably look completely different when that makes no sense for it to like in the Burton/Schumaker films.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I told you it would be Pattinson. Warners would want someone with 'big game' experience when it comes to headlining their arguably biggest franchise after Affleck went off the rails.

He's a great choice plus 'slow and steady' wins the race.

Great choice IMO.

Bus-TEE called it. Pattinson has got this in the bag. I'm down.

*tips cap*

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.