• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Waiting by his phone for a chance to star in a direct to redbox sequel to Pompeii co starring Kevin sorbo.

I feel like Harrington has 'kept his powder' dry in terms of his franchise appeal/potential. Unlike Emilia Clarke who had two big franchise turns, both of which blew up in her face, Kit has yet to really hitch his wagon to something and WB might want to bring him onboard the DCU to try and lure the sizeable GOT audience who at the very least know who he is.

Either that or he's going to just sit on his hands given that he's rich both from GOT and the fact he comes from a rich AF family.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll acknowledge the recasting inuniverse of Batman or just move on like nothing was changed. I actually hope they just move on and don't mention that Batman have a new face. I also hope we get to see Battinson in Suicide Squad.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we'll see any interaction between different characters for awhile. If Reeves is playing in the past there is a chance he can isolate himself from everything.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I feel confident saying that The Batman won't take place in the 90's or whatever as some have reported.

As I've said before it will just be a subtle reboot of the character in the larger DCU set in the 'present day'. Just as the next Superman film will have a new Lois and Clark but exist within the same universe as Aquaman and Gadot's Wonder Woman. Presumably, in a perfect scenario for WB, the new Batman will be given a film or two before the studio tries to re-introduce all these characters as a group in another team up film.

It makes zero sense to do The Batman as glorified prequel given that Affleck won't be back and especially as it appears Catwoman will be introduced in Matt Reeves' film. WB aren't going to have two separate actresses playing Catwoman, one in The Batman and then another (potentially) in Gotham City Sirens.

If WB and Matt Reeves really intended for The Batman to be so far removed from the rest of the DCU they should just have announced that it was going to be produced under the same 'alternate' label as Todd Phillip's Joker film. That way they wouldn't have to worry about painting themselves into a corner with any plot points and they could have as many doubled up characters as they like.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
God I really hope they have a plan moving forward with all these things and won't just "wing it" as they go along. You need SOME kind of top level plan to have these connect, even just a superficial one.

Nov 13, 2017
I am PRAYING it doesn't taken place in the 90s. Honestly, fuck that. Just retcon current day Batman. We don't need a 50 year old Catwoman keeping up with a *cough 20 something depending on when Margot last edited her Wikipedia cough* Harley Quinn.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Agreed, just blow up what's left of the BvS continuity and keep rolling like nothing ever happened. If The Batman is a success no one will care that Gadot/Momoa shared the screen with Affleck ten years ago

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
From a Reddit post transcribed from some video

decided to post this because he doesn't seem to be anonymous or fully unknown. Ryan Unicomb revealed some details about The Batman two days ago. He has been in the filmmaking business for quite sometime and he is the one behind the JL: Mortal documentary, and released never before seen JL: Mortal concept arts around 1 year ago. Also, worked on Kong: Skull Island. Apparently said back in January that Pattinson was eyed as Batman, he is old friend with Bosslogic and probably the one who told him about Pattinson's involvement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKPE4lHcB7s starts at 10:00
Ryan says in the clip "it's all rumor", but what he heard:
  • The film will be psychological murder mystery
  • The basic plot is Whodunit (for those who don't know https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whodunit) surrounding a big and famous Gotham figurehead's murder and all the villains are suspects in Batman's investigation. Batman will come across these villains and will try to put it together of what happened, who is actually involved etc...
  • The film will be very point of view driven - Hitchcockian. The whole film will be from Bruce/Batman's POV.
  • He's been Batman for couple of years.
He also revealed some names he heard back in January. Richard E. Grant was apparently "eyed" as Alfred.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
eb6f96_8d699c4eac0e45b39ae40e6c48a60f74~mv2_d_2000_2665_s_2.jpg

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has now announced that the DC Comics adventure will arrive on Digital HD on July 2 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on July 16.

Source

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I'm down, but I can see the boring tag being tossed around if that's how it plays out.

My issue is it can get samey pretty quick. Trail leads to a villain, they fight, they give an alibi that sort of clears them but points to another villain, rinse and repeat. The plus side is that we can get a LOT of different villains this way, but we won't really be spending a worthwhile amount of time with any of them.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks if they're replacing Jeremy Irons as well, really wanted to see more of him as Alfred and JK as Gordon.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Sucks if they're replacing Jeremy Irons as well, really wanted to see more of him as Alfred and JK as Gordon.

I'd totally be down for Irons to come back but I feel like Reeves and WB will want a 'clean start' for these new films.

I heard that Warners originally wanted Ralph Fiennes to play Alfred in BvS.

Then they announced Jeremy Irons for Alfred.

A year or so later we hear that Ralph Fiennes is voicing Alfred in the LEGO Batman film.

Could they circle back around?

Imagine if they had the same Alfred in the live action and the LEGO films.

giphy.gif

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I'd totally be down for Irons to come back but I feel like Reeves and WB will want a 'clean start' for these new films.

A year or so later we hear that Ralph Fiennes is voicing Alfred in the LEGO Batman film.

giphy.gif
The Lego movies that are now massively underperforming?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I also really want Irons and JK back. I don't need a clean sheet, and would be fine with just ignoring "continuity stuff" like that if it means I get the best actors for the roles.

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Fiennes would be great, but admittedly I really love the rumored names they're looking at for the cast- especially Richard E. Grant as Alfred. That man is an utter joy to watch and would make for an inspired Alfred Pennyworth.

Here's the set of names that were mentioned in the rumor:
Richard E. Grant - Alfred
Vanessa Hudgens - Catwoman
Jason Clarke - Thomas Wayne
Keri Russell - Martha Wayne
Josh Gad - The Penguin
Theo Rossi - Bane
Toby Kebbell - Scarecrow

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
The Lego movies that are now massively underperforming?

What's your point?

Fiennes would be great, but admittedly I really love the rumored names they're looking at for the cast- especially Richard E. Grant as Alfred. That man is an utter joy to watch and would make for an inspired Alfred Pennyworth.

Josh Gad - The Penguin
Theo Rossi - Bane
Toby Kebbell - Scarecrow

I could totally see Grant as Alfred actually.

Hudgens would be an interesting choice for Catwoman but I still think that WB might go for a more unknown or upcoming name than that.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
What's your point?

Hudgens would be an interesting choice for Catwoman but I still think that WB might go for a more unknown or upcoming name than that.
That I can't imagine them wanting a link between their failed and soon to be abandoned side project.

Josh Gad - The Penguin
Theo Rossi - Bane
Toby Kebbell - Scarecrow

I don't believe any of those names.

Oct 25, 2017

He's far and away my favorite of the rumored names in that list. There's a ton of actors I can think of that'd make for awesome Alfreds- but damn if I wouldn't love to see how Grant would do the role.

Yeah, I'm not sure about Hudgens. I think she could definitely play the part if cast, based on some of her post-HSM work and she's talked about wanting to play Catwoman for over a decade now, but I've oddly found myself thinking that Naomi Scott might be someone to keep an eye on for Catwoman here too. She got a lot of praise as the Pink Ranger in the 2017 Power Rangers film and is apparently a standout in the new Aladdin remake. I feel like she's going to get swiped up for another superhero film very soon now and WB could easily pick her for Batgirl or Catwoman.

My guess though is that whoever lands Catwoman will have some rather extensive chemistry screentests with Pattinson first, so who knows.

I don't believe any of those names.

I am willing to entertain the possibility those names are legit, due to the source of the rumor is someone who works in the film industry and has worked with WB in the past, hearing about Pattinson being a candidate for Batman back in January. Plus half of those names are actors that Reeves has worked with in the past on his Apes films and Cloverfield.

That isn't to say they'll be the people playing the roles, but I can believe they were names that Reeves and his team were throwing around as high ranking candidates for those specific roles in the film.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
That I can't imagine them wanting a link between their failed and soon to be abandoned side project.

I can't say whether it's a film(s) or a possible 'sitcom' for the WarnerMedia streaming service but I know for a fact that WB are very seriously kicking the tires on new LEGO projects at the moment so I wouldn't say that it was 'abandoned' at all.

I don't think there would be any issue if Warner did choose Fiennes knowing that he was coming off a middling, yet profitable, LEGO Batman film.

He's far and away my favorite of the rumored names in that list. There's a ton of actors I can think of that'd make for awesome Alfreds- but damn if I wouldn't love to see how Grant would do the role.

It's worth remembering that Grant is coming off of an Oscar nod so that's going to weigh heavily in his favour. Especially if WB are trying to put together a heavyweight cast for this.

My guess though is that whoever lands Catwoman will have some rather extensive chemistry screentests with Pattinson first, so who knows.

Excellent point.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Theo Rossi as Bane makes me ignore that entire list entirely. Plus the fact that no one has even hinted at knowing what this one guy has all that information that most of the other trades and scoopers don't. We've known WB's top choices to play Batman for almost half a year now so it was not a surprise as to who was being chosen, only when. We've not even heard a peep about the contents of the script and who's in it.

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth remembering that Grant is coming off of an Oscar nod so that's going to weigh heavily in his favour. Especially if WB are trying to put together a heavyweight cast for this.

Not to mention how he's appearing in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker this year and would probably draw in a few more UK audience goers solely due to Withnail & I. It definitely makes sense.

Plus... just watch this guy randomly pick up films from the Criterion Collection closet on a whim. He's so instantly charming and fun, he'd make for a great Alfred!

Theo Rossi as Bane makes me ignore that entire list entirely. Plus the fact that no one has even hinted at knowing what this one guy has all that information that most of the other trades and scoopers don't. We've known WB's top choices to play Batman for almost half a year now so it was not a surprise as to who was being chosen, only when. We've not even heard a peep about the contents of the script and who's in it.

Actually, despite him being my personal favorite for the role for almost a year now, Pattinson wasn't named as a legit candidate for the role until January when BossLogic made his fanart manip of him in the role and mentioned that he'd heard through the grapevine that he was a frontrunner for the part- which he apparently heard from this guy.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention how he's appearing in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker this year and would probably draw in a few more UK audience goers solely due to Withnail & I. It definitely makes sense.

Plus... just watch this guy randomly pick up films from the Criterion Collection closet on a whim. He's so instantly charming and fun, he'd make for a great Alfred!

Actually, despite him being my personal favorite for the role for almost a year now, Pattinson wasn't named as a legit candidate for the role until January when BossLogic made his fanart manip of him in the role and mentioned that he'd heard through the grapevine that he was a frontrunner for the part- which he apparently heard from this guy.

I'm pretty sure that ThomasP guy or that Daniel guy mentioned Pattinson before that

Oct 25, 2017
100% sure I heard about Pattinson before the Bosslogic pic. I'll probably do some digging if I feel like it

I mean, I know we talked about the idea of Pattinson as Batman here as a suggestion on and off. But I struggle to recall an instance prior to the Bosslogic pic where such a rumor surfaced that he was in the running.

Either way, I'm not saying that those names are totally who will play the characters in film. I'm plenty skeptical of it myself, but I can see reasons to buy that it might be legit names that Reeves is interested in approaching and seeing how they do for auditions (or in the case of Jason Clarke and Keri Russell, being willing to make brief cameos as the Waynes).

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Damn, I think Ralph Fiennes would make an excellent Alfred as well.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Damn, I think Ralph Fiennes would make an excellent Alfred as well.

I heard that they wanted a 'swashbuckling' Alfred.

That didn't come to pass in BvS so perhaps they could craft this new take on the character around Fiennes. Also worth noting that Fiennes is in the Kingsman prequel next year so between that and another outing as 'M' he could have some real 'heat' of his own by then. Plus he's known to WB as Voldemort among other (*cough* Avengers *cough*) things.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
How about Liam Neeson as Alfred? Too much?

Also id love Hudgens as Catwoman. She's definitely got the look

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.