• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Maybe they're waiting on SDCC to talk about what's coming up?
Possibly. I feel like they're still playing things pretty close to the vest, so they majority of the focus will be on the movies coming out earliest: Joker, BoP, WW84. Probably will hear some talks about Batman and SS, but nothing that's as early in development as Supergirl or GLC appear to be.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it wasn't. The old continuity was a stillborn the moment BvS came out. And Zack wanted the dead Robin to be Dick Grayson, so it's not like he was planning to do Batfamily stuff anyway.
Zack's original ideas and where we were headed post-BvS and Suicide Squad are two different things. Dick was never mentioned for a reason. A Nightwing movie was in the works, so it obviously wasn't going to be him that died. The table was all set for an already existing Batfamily and now we're possibly back to Batman Begins territory all over again. And this is happening at a time where so much of the DCEU is already a thing, so yeah... It's dumb.

They could've went anywhere with the Batverse before. Affleck was also perfect in that role -- though less perfect when he fucked up his face for some reason.

Cavill, also perfectly cast. Same mess might happen with Superman by the time all is said and done. For what?

So yeah, tons of potential down the drain. Just shake my head whenever thinking of the DCEU these days.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, we'll hear about it in a Variety article. WB never announces thing like this themselves, especially not at cons.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
Wonder what's going on with GLC. They really need to give Johns less jobs.

Glad there's movement on Supergirl. If they play their cards right, they could relaunch Superman and introduce a whole new series all at once.

It's time for another Black woman to play Catwoman. What's Gugu Mbatha-Raw doing?
Oh man Gugu Mbatha-Raw would be an awesome Catwoman!

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Superman a 100% needs the Reeves approach as well. But as long as WB isn't pushing Superman, we'll see other stuff first.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hailee Steinfeld will be either Supergirl or Batgirl, mark my words
Also seems like Idris Elba will be playing Bronze Tiger according to Forbes, which most of us surmised

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
We were mentioning James Gunn track record and as a draw earlier.

Well, his name being used as the biggest marketing tool for Brightburn seems to have done very little for the film at the box office. I know the budget was small but who knows what they spent on marketing. These type of low budget horror films usually spend way more on marketing than production. So unclear whether its profitable. I guess we will know if it is or isnt if the proposed sequels ever come to fruition.

I saw yesterday actually and thought it was okay. It did make me laugh how some people were hoping it would be some kind of biting commentary on man of steel. Instead it was just a straight forward slasher flick with some obvious of man of steel homages.

Between Belko experiment and this though Gunn's output since GOTG isnt lighting up the box office. Not directing I know, but worth noting.

I have to admit I'm very curious how the suicide squad sequel does. It was a bad film so you have to think the name is at least a bit tarnished. Wonder what the budget will be? I'm sure Hamada will keep it relatively small.

That first trailer needs to be great anyway.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We were mentioning James Gunn track record and as a draw earlier.

Well, his name being used as the biggest marketing tool for Brightburn seems to have done very little for the film at the box office. I know the budget was small but who knows what they spent on marketing. These type of low budget horror films usually spend way more on marketing than production. So unclear whether its profitable. I guess we will know if it is or isnt if the proposed sequels ever come to fruition.

I saw yesterday actually and thought it was okay. It did make me laugh how some people were hoping it would be some kind of biting commentary on man of steel. Instead it was just a straight forward slasher flick with some obvious of man of steel homages.

Between Belko experiment and this though Gunn's output since GOTG isnt lighting up the box office. Not directing I know, but worth noting.

I have to admit I'm very curious how the suicide squad sequel does. It was a bad film so you have to think the name is at least a bit tarnished. Wonder what the budget will be? I'm sure Hamada will keep it relatively small.

That first trailer needs to be great anyway.
Only delusional fanboys honestly believe any 'Marvel director' is a draw. Very few directors have power in their name alone to the general public.

Suicide Squad was a hit movie. A sequel is anticipated. Should do well as long as it's fun and has Harley doing Harley things.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Only delusional fanboys honestly believe any 'Marvel director' is a draw. Very few directors have power in their name alone to the general public.

Suicide Squad was a hit movie. A sequel is anticipated. Should do well as long as it's fun and has Harley doing Harley things.
Well, I totally get a studio giving a check to a guy like Gunn and seeing if he can make it work outside the MCU, same with the actors. You never know until you know.

But the way some people talk about Gunn as some sure thing bet I find odd.

The dude isnt James Wan. At this point he's more like Leigh Whannel with a couple of marvel films. Well, Leigh actually directed a film that made money without the MCU benefit. Hell, give Leigh Whannel directing duties on a MCU film and he could pump out some box office success. And after how much I enjoyed upgrade, I secretly hope Whannel gets a chance. Or maybe Wan gets Leigh a DC gig. Which would also be great.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome.

Now that we have our new Batman I hope we'll start hearing what WB/DC are planning going forward for the DCU.

Last edited:

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
People have stated earlier that a weakness of DC cinematic universe is that they're just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, but I'm starting to see it as a strength, now that they've found strong creative voices who get to do their kind of thing that they're passionate about in several different corners -- and maybe after a while we tie these things together. Wonder Woman felt like its own thing and worked because of that. Aquaman was its own over-the-top beast. Birds of Prey feels like a completely different movie again, with its own aesthetics. Joker will be its very own thing, whether it works or not. But all of them come frome different creative visions, not a 10 year marketing plan.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I was always team team Hammer and I wasn't a fan of the Pattinson casting intially but as the weeks have gone on I actually dig it. He's a great actor and that's who Reeves wanted so I'm all for it. It's good to have different interpretation of the character. Hope he just bulks up a little and they nail the suit. I can't wait to see Reeves interpretation of penguin and the riddler as well as the other rogues that are rumored

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Dude is already fit, few kilos gain will look great.

robert-pattinson-working-out-beach-muscles-body-shirtless-01.jpg

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Mark Hughes is a scooper of jackshit.

Agreed. I would take anything Hughes 'reports' with a grain of salt the size of your head. He's a wannabe screenwriter who is known for 'carrying' water for some of the bigger studios namely WB.

I'm not sure I see Supergirl moving forward until they have formalised what they are doing with Superman. They'll appoint a 'AAA' director to reboot (and recast) the franchise just as they have Reeves with Batman. I'd be surprised if they didn't already have someone in mind even tentatively.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, I think Robin in particular is a tough nut to crack for a live action film. If you have him as a kid, it comes across as cartoonish or extremely reckless, but if you age him up it's awkward like the Schumacher films. Maybe if the Batgirl film is still in the works, he'll start the ball rolling for it.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I just really want to see a bat family. As for it being reckless, i mean it's always been that way. He's legit putting kids in danger, but at the same time needs them to do his job effectively.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Of course Robin as a concept is inherently dangerous. I think the problem is that for a comic or cartoon, your suspension of disbelief is stronger than something with flesh and blood people. That said, Dick and Jason in the Titans series did work pretty well, so maybe we could be seeing the Bat family.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
If every single WW thread is gonna keep getting derailed, mods need to do something about that. It's getting out of hand.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else really get that benefit though? If you say some dumb shit, prepare to have people bring it up.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
It's just getting monotonous and tiresome. If the thread is gonna get keep getting derailed from discussing about the film, then theirs no point in making WW84 related threads then.

Status
Not open for further replies.