• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Shazam is the best DC film since Nolan
Joker looks great
The best young actor in the business just got cast as Batman

Where's the mess here?
giphy.gif

WW84 is going to be insane. Hopefully Feigu doesn't pull a fast one on the film, something like releasing Black Widow on June 5th 2020 or a week after.

Disney has already penciled in its dates. Marvel is May 1, 2020 and November 6, 2020. They won't move, because more importantly, Disney is programming against itself. June is Artemis Fowl, which feels like it's going to tank, and Pixar, which will perform regardless.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I pray to Zidane that you are correct Ross and Williams. Feigu's fists stretch far and wide, Pachimari can attest to that. So he should not be underestimated.

Now please WB release that BoP trailer before SDCC. I imagine that we won't be seeing the WW84 trailer until late in the year if at all.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
No news on future shows last Titans S2, and the larger plans to fold their DC projects into the upcoming Warner service
And we don't have a time frame for S2 yet so they could easily shelve the service and put S2 on something else like HBO. The schedule that they put out last year ends at Harley Quinn in Dec. I thought we might see an updated schedule at SDCC but that's not happening now.
Swamp Thing already cancelled? wtf
It's a rumor for now.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
And we don't have a time frame for S2 yet so they could easily shelve the service and put S2 on something else like HBO. The schedule that they put out last year ends at Harley Quinn in Dec. I thought we might see an updated schedule at SDCC but that's not happening now.

It's a rumor for now.
Confirmed now

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

As I said before, DCU doesn't make a ton of sense by itself if you're about to do WarnerMedia streaming.

But Swamp Thing feels like something else. You cut the show's episode count, then cancel it a week out from launch? There's something else there. Maybe cost overruns? I know they had a special set for it.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was known about Swamp Thing when production was shut down early?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
As I said before, DCU doesn't make a ton of sense by itself if you're about to do WarnerMedia streaming.

But Swamp Thing feels like something else. You cut the show's episode count, then cancel it a week out from launch? There's something else there. Maybe cost overruns? I know they had a special set for it.
It might be a result of the merger. The WarnerMedia development team got a new leader. Maybe he looked at their current slate of streaming services and decided to fold DCU in sooner than his predecessor did.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The episode order being cut and the ending being rewritten definitely didn't bode well. Sad to see it get cut off already before it has even aired its 2nd episode

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

Like every other initiative, DC Universe is being reevaluated following the completion of AT&T acquisition of Time Warner as WarnerMedia has put an emphasis on the launch of a new streaming platform. There have been questions how DC Universe fits into those plans.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

That's a short article. Lol.
It's pretty obvious that ATT is evaluating DCU like every other facet of WB that they've been renovating. I'm sure DCU will stay tho, they won't miss out on that MU money.
Yep. ATT is looking over WB to see what can be changed. I wouldn't be shocked if they spun the shows into the WarnerMedia service and left DCU as just a comic reader platform.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
You guys told me that the DCU was doing just fine

266121723697430528.png

I can now see WB canceling every show on DCU that isn't Titans and then moving it to the WB streaming app.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
You guys told me that the DCU was doing just fine

266121723697430528.png

I can now see WB canceling every show on DCU that isn't Titans and then moving it to the WB streaming app.

The other shows should be cheaper, as Swamp Thing has specific requirements. (Like that special water tank.)

But again, I'm pretty sure DCU's subscriber base is not large enough to support the operating costs of those shows.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
So the original rumor of why Swamp Thing had episodes cut was true. They were over budget technically. The budget just ended up being about 30m lower than they planned for. Bit of a problem.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
No. It was already cancelled because they can't afford the show on that service because it was originally greenlit with a budget that had a massive clerical error factored into it.
, well i just learned about the show last week with the premiere :P everybody was talking about how the thing looked

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
No comic Con??????? Just a week ago or so we were all saying how they could have so much to show and talk about this year. Man that's disappointing.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Make it available in france and i'm in. But I doubt it, HBO shows are already delt with other services in france.

Status
Not open for further replies.