• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I don't agree. He's very good at shooting suspenseful scenes and big budget action... He studied under Speilberg. He's a pretty good story teller as well. He seems like he's an ideas guy who likes to start stories or interesting franchises... Perfect for what the DCEU needs right now IMO.
He is a very poor man's Spielberg with none of the touch.

He knows how to mimic poorly.

There is nothing inherently interesting or unique about his films.

I get that some people want that kind of bland inoffensive film making but its not for me at all. I feel like I've seen his films before I ever watch them.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Abrahams is bland and mediocre.

I get that some people want that kind of bland inoffensive film making but its not for me at all. I feel like I've seen his films before I ever watch them.
Feel the same way.

His kind is exactly what works these days though. Make a safe film, get a good RT percentage, profit. The movie is forgettable, but fanboys are validated by the success.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
He is a very poor man's Spielberg with none of the touch.

He knows how to mimic poorly.

I can understand that viewpoint... But I think he understands characters and how to work them in an interesting and coherent story. Not saying he's particularly great at it but casual movie goers and critics tend to like his stuff.

I think he would know how to play to the strengths of Superman or Green Lantern.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Black Adam has a director.

He's done two post-Taken Liam Neeson action films, Non-Stop and Run All Night. And horror thriller The Shallows.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great choice, but at least progress is happening

Guessing this mean, unless they can squeeze it into holiday 2021, Adam is a 2022 release?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Pine spoke with Wonder Woman co-star Robin Wright as part of Variety's Actors on Actors video series, and Wright asked him if he wanted to talk about the difference between Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984. After some careful thought, here's how he responded:

What I think defines this series and perhaps the character, and certainly Patty's interest, is redefining the notion of a hero's journey as we know it. This is a woman, a superhero, defined by her capacity to love. I'll say no more, but I hope audiences are moved in unexpected ways because they're expecting something…[he trails off]…I'll probably get a phone call from Warner Bros. for even saying this…What I've found this time [in Wonder Woman 1984], the tables had turned on me as a man in terms of how I interacted and played on screen. I loved my lady. I loved, as the character, my woman. My partner. So that came to define this man. What a wonderful thing as a character to be in love, as a man on screen in a big film.

Amusingly, Pine also reminisced about his time on the set and how he was shut down whenever he wanted to be involved in action scenes.

It was interesting. My ego comes out, and I told Patty all the time, 'I want the big f*cking fight. Let me climb something! I want to destroy!' And she's like, 'No. Not about you.' And I'm like, 'God damn it.' She said, 'Not about you' more times making this film. (laughs)

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Give us that WW84 trailer WB, prove to us that you still care about the DCEU. pls

584059208899756078.png

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
The director was probably feigus suggestion after he and the rock had that meeting weeks back. It's all starting to add up...

Oct 25, 2017
show me the receipts

It's been reported for awhile now. It's the whole reason that poll exists in the first place, since it was mentioned from the get-go with that story that Ezra was working on an alternative script with Grant Morrison that WB might just pass on the script and opt to let his contract expire without a renewal at the end of May.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Now lets get this Flash movie rolling! The new Flash can grab Aquaman and Wonder Woman and bring them into the reboot.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Next year maybe we'll get trailers for Batman and The Suicide Squad and hopefully some Green Lantern news.

Status
Not open for further replies.