• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
kinda makes sense. they really don't have much for this con. Like beside Joker.
There is loads they could show. Trailers for Joker and WW84. Some early stuff for BOP. Updates on other projects.

WB has had a shit year and many of its franchises are busted or on the wain. They need to take the initiative and start creating some hype.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people think they announce stuff at their panels anymore. They don't and haven't for a number of years now. Their panels are very much just the movie being shown and then they shuffle out people and bring in the next. Most the announcements that ever came out were done through interviews and press releases with trades which they can do any day of the week.

I personally don't think they want to put out a schedule or anything of the sort. There hasn't been a solid "Here is our slate" update in a number of years now.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Well they might have a slate next year. Right now still feels like a transition period while they figure out what they want to do with the other characters. But on the other hand they've been badly burnt by showing off a schedule in the past so they might just play it close to the chest in the future.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Justice-League-BTS-B1-525x350.jpg

Dance Scene from the Snyder Cut?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they mean feature as in they make a brief appearance for 5 minutes or feature as in they are a major character in the movie.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
too many villains
it'll be a disaster
That's my small concern here. Depending on what they mean by featuring this could be too many villains. Is it say Catwoman and Penguin ft. Firefly and The Riddler or is it Catwoman, Penguin, Firefly, and the Riddler? One's easier to do well than the other. Anyway the main villain should really be The Penny Plunderer. Movie should end with Bats putting the giant penny in the cave.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Firefly intro villain that shows off Batman's cool gadgets and fighting ability. Penguin already established club owner which Batman just interrogates. Catwoman around just to cause trouble and flirt with Batman (she probably won't know his identity at this point, but he'll know hers). Riddler main villain or just another character to get info from. I have faith Reeves will know how to handle this. Doesn't seem that complicated. There's probably another bigger villain in the shadows.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
On paper The Dark Knight had three villains - Scarecrow, Joker and Two-Face - in addition to other mini-villains like Maroni, Gambol, and Lau, but Nolan made it work really well.

Firefly intro villain that shows off Batman's cool gadgets and fighting ability. Penguin already established club owner which Batman just interrogates. Catwoman around just to cause trouble and flirt with Batman (she probably won't know his identity at this point, but he'll know hers). Riddler main villain or just another character to get info from. I have faith Reeves will know how to handle this. Doesn't seem that complicated. There's probably another bigger villain in the shadows.

This is more or less what I'm thinking.

Firefly: Intro villain who starts the movie off in a fight against Batman.
Penguin: The villain in-plain-sight who may or may not have some role in whatever Batman's investigating.
Riddler: The main bad guy pulling the strings behind the scenes.
Catwoman: Periodically shows up to playfully antagonize/flirt with Bruce and ends up teaming up with him in the final act of the film.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The amount of wrong information in that thread is staggering. No wonder no one knows what the hell is going on with the DCEU. I kinda want to make a thread in OT that explains the whole start of the DCEU and how it got to where it is now without all the hot takes from people which just confuse other people reading the thread.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
We're a failure guys lmfao. That OT thread is fucking embarrassing

I put that thread on ignore the moment I saw it.

The amount of wrong information in that thread is staggering. No wonder no one knows what the hell is going on with the DCEU. I kinda want to make a thread in OT that explains the whole start of the DCEU and how it got to where it is now without all the hot takes from people which just confuse other people reading the thread.

You should.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
We're a failure guys lmfao. That OT thread is fucking embarrassing
I'm still baffled people aren't bored of this yet. I'm reading this thread and not a single thing has been said that hasn't been said in literally hundreds of DCEU related threads.

The dead horse has been beaten at a sub-atomic level at this point. There's nothing left. How do people even still find this topic interesting? lol

Last edited:

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many more threads of the DCEU need to be made until they are satisfied. Hell, you don't even need a new thread, anything related to DC turns in to how it's a mess.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Shazam and aquaman doing well doesn't mean jack shit if you're being willfully ignorant.

Never forget titans review thread lol.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who thinks that even if BoP, WW and The Batman do great on this particular we'll still be getting bullshit DCEU topics filled with hot takes?

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Who thinks that even if BoP, WW and The Batman do great on this particular we'll still be getting bullshit DCEU topics filled with hot takes?
Likely.

At this point, people have made up their minds. Even if we get a new Justice League that's great, we'll still be getting threads like, "Hey, remember when the DCEU was terrible." It is what it is.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's basically already happening. Most of the recent DC stuff has been great from their movies to streaming. But people still go back to the older bad movies to make a point. Like someone said, that titans thread is telling.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing new I learned from that thread is if your movie doesn't make over a billion, it's a flop.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France

You'll have these reactions as long as the audience will associate the new movies to the "universe"... Maybe a new Batman actor will help people to get out the Snyderverse.
Also, stop using the word DCEU when talking about the new movies, it's poisoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.