• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
pmmefeeb5s431.jpg

2sbo97mpms431.jpg

GIVE IT TO ME ZADDY

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a weird feeling being excited and interested while depressed at the same time. I hope Snyder continues to release images like this for a long time to come.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Anything would have been infinitely more interesting than the justice league we got.

Considering all 3 of Whedon, Berg and John's were pushed out immediately after says enough.

Whoever made the decision to have a cgi cavill mouth should never get work again to be honest.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Darkseid was never going to be a big presence in Justice League though. He'd only appear to setup Justice League 2.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Anything would have been infinitely more interesting than the justice league we got.

Considering all 3 of Whedon, Berg and John's were pushed out immediately after says enough.

Whoever made the decision to have a cgi cavill mouth should never get work again to be honest.
Considering Zack was pushed out before the film....

And Johns still has an exclusive deal with them and they greenlit his own show(Whedon's to).

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should have pushed out Zack before JL even began filming. They should have pushed him out after BvS. I enjoyed JL for what it was.

That Darkseid looks like crap. So glad we didn't get that.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Considering Zack was pushed out before the film....

And Johns still has an exclusive deal with them and they greenlit his own show(Whedon's to).
Snyder should have been removed before they started filming and they should have delayed the film.

But instead they kept him on and he made another snyder film and they acted surprised.

The suits bare almost all of the responsibility but the decisions made by John's, Berg and Whedon were wretched.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Johns is still in his position and doing quite well. He's co-writer on WW1984 and is still a producer on nearly every single DC project.
John's is still an important cog in DC as a whole and will still be an advisor and writer sure, but he isn't making big decisions on DC films anymore after Justice League.

He no longer holds the titles/positions he did going into that film.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I'd seen Christian Bale's screentest for Batman before, but somehow I'd never seen these screentests that Cillian Murphy and Eion Bailey did.

Bailey looks great in the cowl but his actual performance is lacking, his Bruce seems decent though. Murphy is just too creepy for Bruce or Bats imo, he was a much better fit for Scarecrow. Between the three of them Bale was definitely the right choice.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Youd think Zack Snyder personally murdered every single person's dog on era and was some alt right icon going by OT threads.
Some people's comments and responses in OT continue make no fucking sense. I do wonder at times if they don't even believe what they're saying themselves but just want to be apart of the bashing. Like or dislike the man's work all you want. However that's the only thing I can think of at times that explains the level of stupid that gets put on display.

Thing is it's not just limited to this. Many that take part in "film Era" act like this about a LOT of other things and it's beyond annoying. To the point I no longer bother with any of the movie threads. I went from not posting anymore to simply not even bother opening them.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Johns and Berg were so briefly on the DCEU, who even knows what their involvement entailed. I wouldn't put the JL blame on them

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
It is a bold choice to make Darksied a Ninja-turtle, but I guess thats why im just a plebe and not the visionary director who gonna bring " The fountainhead" to the silver screen .

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I'd seen Christian Bale's screentest for Batman before, but somehow I'd never seen these screentests that Cillian Murphy and Eion Bailey did.

Bailey looks great in the cowl but his actual performance is lacking, his Bruce seems decent though. Murphy is just too creepy for Bruce or Bats imo, he was a much better fit for Scarecrow. Between the three of them Bale was definitely the right choice.

Actually I think Murphy's Batman was phenomenal. Just one line, but that Bat-Voice sounded ridiculously promising from the clip. His Bruce, on the other hand, was definitely too creepy for the role.

Honestly I kinda hope Pattinson uses a Bat-Voice similar to Murphy's here. It has an analytical feel to it that I think would really compliment the more detective-based Batman that he and Reeves are apparently going for.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Given the leaks coming out about it I'm not sure if I'm gonna watch Joker. Doesn't seem like a movie for me.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
WarnerMedia is close to closing the deal with Abrams.
The sweepstakes to land a massive overall deal with Bad Robot, the famed production company run by J.J. Abrams and his wife and co-CEO Katie McGrath, is nearing the finish line.

Following a months-long courting process that included multiple suitors, WarnerMedia is in final negotiations for a new partnership with Bad Robot, sources say. It's unclear how many years the new agreement is for as the deal that would Abrams with the company he has called home since 2006 has not yet been finalized. Still, sources have estimated that any new pact for Bad Robot could be valued at in the $500 million vicinity when all is said and done. That would put Bad Robot's deal at the top of the recent wave of nine-figure pacts for prolific producers including Greg Berlanti ($400 million from Warner Bros. TV), Ryan Murphy ($300 million from Netflix) and Shonda Rhimes ($100 million from Netflix).

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
He's not doing Supergirl for the same reason Whedon is not doing Batgirl. But if he wants Superman than it's his.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Abrams is coming with his company to start working on DC projects. I expect new original stories but we'll see

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
He's not doing Supergirl for the same reason Whedon is not doing Batgirl. But if he wants Superman than it's his.

If he wants to at least produce (if not direct too) the Superman reboot then he'll also produce Supergirl (likely with a female director as has been discussed previously) for the 'connectivity'. What if Matt Reeves tackles the 'Gotham-verse' while Abrams and Bad Robot produces the 'Metropolis-verse' of Superman and Supergirl?

Hmmmm.

I don't think Abrams is coming with his company to start working on DC projects. I expect new original stories but we'll see

There's no way Warners are spending all that money and not having him work on a DC property even if it's a Vertigo adaptation for television.

Status
Not open for further replies.