• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miller is done. If Batman and Superman aren't/weren't safe, neither is Flash in a post Snyder era. Wonder Woman and Aquaman only survived because one had a hit movie and the other had a movie in post production and turned out to be a hit.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
WB had Ben come out on stage and say he would love to work with Matt Reeves even though the word was already out, at this point what they say doesn't count for much.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It was in the lead up to Justice League, he went so far as to say he would love to play an ape or something to that effect for Reeves. It might have been at comic con.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
So, nothing?

And comparing Ben to Ezra is mute because Ezra actually wants the role. And he doesn't have any personal problems preventing the role. And the studio is actually still high on Ezra.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zack Snyder blesses us with another look at his Darkseid

D-jx68uW4AARX3s

He posted this on Vero.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I mean... he just doesn't have his full armor on. Still looks like Darkseid. Also, when he showed up in that scene, it was thousands of years ago, a younger Darkseid before he got his new look?

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WB can barely get a flash movie off the ground while Marvel's gonna make the fucking Eternals a household name

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Who knows. Maybe his pitch wasnt good? Maybe the budget would be too large and with Hamada now in charge they weren't interested.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably didn't want to step on Johns' toes at the time because he was given GLC. Johns hasn't really proven anything when it comes to movies, I would've went with McQuarrie, but that's me.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

WB bailed on McQuarrie? That's dumb.

Guess they consider that Earth salted.
My initial take is that they just don't want to put in the effort to rehabilitate the Cavill Superman, but maybe they want a clean break with Snyder for when they reboot the character. Another take in the same vein as Snyder probably isn't going to get that far at WB.
Probably didn't want to step on Johns' toes at the time because he was given GLC. Johns hasn't really proven anything when it comes to movies, I would've went with McQuarrie, but that's me.
Has WB shown any sign of valuing Johns at all? They made him the scapegoat for JL, and over on the comics side have gone out of their way to mess with his plans. I don't think they really think that highly of him.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
My initial take is that they just don't want to put in the effort to rehabilitate the Cavill Superman, but maybe they want a clean break with Snyder for when they reboot the character. Another take in the same vein as Snyder probably isn't going to get that far at WB.

Has WB shown any sign of valuing Johns at all? They made him the scapegoat for JL, and over on the comics side have gone out of their way to mess with his plans. I don't think they really think that highly of him.
He's still doing Stargirl so they valued him enough to let him keep that... for now.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Seems obvious now that WB wants to follow the Marvel formula and make all their first solo movies safe and familiar affairs to get audiences on board. Honestly, it's kind of what they should've done anyway to start this whole thing off. After the audience settles in, that's when you can subvert their expectations and go BvS on them. People want to see the characters on screen as they've pictured them in their minds growing up. Superman the big blue boy scout, Flash the fun one, Batman the broody one that doesn't kill, Wonder Woman the compassionate one, etc. After you give them those movies you can go anywhere because the audience will trust you and your vision (as long as those solo movies perform like WW and Aquaman did).

EDIT - I should clarify that this should've been applied only if they felt like they wanted to really give the big extended universe 10+ year 20+ movie in mind. MoS, BvS, JL1 and 2 self contained would've been fine as is if they hadn't interfered.

Last edited:

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I personally feel like Warners had probably already moved on from Cavill and weren't prepared to entertain the idea of a MOS sequel even with McQuarrie writing and directing. And given that his GLC pitch would have followed on from that proposed film that was probably a non-stater too.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda want them to continue doing else world type movies, like Joker. And then what ever they are doing with that shared universe. They can do alot of stories that way with the else world side.

Status
Not open for further replies.