• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The one two punch of endgame and Far From Home really shows how much Snyder and WB screwed up rushing to get Avengers money. They tried to take short cuts to make the DCEU feel like it has more history than it actually does.

It's interesting to compare the reaction of BvS/Justice League when it pertainss to Superman's death versus that of Tony Starks.

Yeah, people actually cared about Stark dying. lol

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine killing Iron Man in the first Avengers movie. DCAU did the death of Superman pretty well though.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
It was relevant with what Snyder wanted to do, the 5 movies storyline. But it wasn't a good starting point to create your own cinematic universe and do 40+ movies.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Same joke as studios announcing trilogies before knowing the audience reaction... Just try do make a good movie first, and adjust your sequel ideas after

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It was relevant with what Snyder wanted to do, the 5 movies storyline. But it wasn't a good starting point to create your own cinematic universe and do 40+ movies.
True but nobody at the time knew it was only planned to be 5 movies. We knew BvS was planned to be a two-parter (they announced it at SDCC I think). We knew it would be a few movies before Superman became Superman, but we're finding out that most people did not want to wait for that.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also that's an issue with WB not having communication with their directors or any actual plan.

I'll say it comparing WB's Director first way of filmmaking for the DCEU compared to the MCU, i'll take the mcu route anyday.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Same joke as studios announcing trilogies before knowing the audience reaction... Just try do make a good movie first, and adjust your sequel ideas after
Disney announced a Star Wars sequel trilogy before the first movie came out.

Being reactionary and thinking short term is exactly what you shouldn't be doing.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Snyder should have been given The Dark Knight Returns instead of BvS, then someone else could have handled Superman: Dawn of Justice, then follow that up with WW and Justice League

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Disney announced a Star Wars sequel trilogy before the first movie came out.

Being reactionary and thinking short term is exactly what you shouldn't be doing.

DC isn't Star Wars, and even for them I'm not sure that it's such a good idea.
It's not really thinking short term, it's more about being able to adapt your project, not setting everything in stone 6 years in advance... Being able to course correct.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC isn't Star Wars, and even for them I'm not sure that it's such a good idea.
It's not really thinking short term, it's more about being able to adapt your project, not setting everything in stone 6 years in advance... Being able to course correct.

Yep, Look at Marvel Studios they had a plan but took it on a movie to movie basis and plans changed heavily in phase 1. At one point there was gonna be Iron Man v Hulk, and than the line up for the Avengers changed.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Also that's an issue with WB not having communication with their directors or any actual plan.

I'll say it comparing WB's Director first way of filmmaking for the DCEU compared to the MCU, i'll take the mcu route anyday.
Ehh I'd go with WB way. With the mcu, most of the movies have become forgettable. The main issue is that with WB the quality fluxes to the extreme. Which I'll even take that, if that means the movies won't feel the same and start to blur. I'm hoping with this new trend the quality is maintained while not being cookie cutter

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I have to agree. Some course correction is okay. Everyone does it. But WB oversteered.
And yet, they kept Snyder on for TWO more movies. Mind boggling. They thought hey, let's let the director do the work and then we, the non-creative executives, can fix it ourselves later! They are, or were, treating movies like baking instead of straight cooking. Throw in the ingredients that research shows will produce a hit and wait for the cake to appear. When really it's all about having the flavors mesh together and cooking with your gut, being able to change things to suit your tastes.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
And yet, they kept Snyder on for TWO more movies. Mind boggling. They thought hey, let's let the director do the work and then we, the non-creative executives, can fix it ourselves later! They are, or were, treating movies like baking instead of straight cooking. Throw in the ingredients that research shows will produce a hit and wait for the cake to appear. When really it's all about having the flavors mesh together and cooking with your gut, being able to change things to suit your tastes.
Well man of steel wasn't a bad movie. And by the time bvs came out, i believe justice league was already in production as it only came out a year later. Not much they could have done by then.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't move too quickly with Snyder. They delayed BvS almost a whole year to find a better release window after a slight production delay. The movie was more or less done for months, but they sat on it.
I think he means going from BvS releasing to starting JL production with in like 2 weeks.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I think he means going from BvS releasing to starting JL production with in like 2 weeks.
Still doesn't make what they said make sense. The movie was done for a good while. I can understand if they started filming JL right after BvS finished filming, but they didn't. The main issue with Snyder is what he wanted and what WB wanted were two different things.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still doesn't make what they said make sense. The movie was done for a good while. I can understand if they started filming JL right after BvS finished filming, but they didn't. The main issue with Snyder is what he wanted and what WB wanted were two different things.

That's the big issue, once production on BvS started the decision to either have Snyder do his epic and than start a cinematic universe, or can him and use Man of Steel as a jumping on point for a cinematic universe. They tried to have heir cake and eat it too so we got this weird mishmash

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I wonder if public perception would have been different if people knew Snyder's film were supposed to have a beginning and an end and not just be like the MCU..a lot of complaints like starting their universe with an old batman are no longer applicable.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Though not I think about it, the Joker film is an elseworlds and I already see complaints about it not being like the comics around the web so probably not.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if public perception would have been different if people knew Snyder's film were supposed to have a beginning and an end and not just be like the MCU..a lot of complaints like starting their universe with an old batman are no longer applicable.

That got muddled once the spin offs were being talked about and suicide squad came out

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
That got muddled once the spin offs were being talked about and suicide squad came out
It was weird at the time. WB announces their plans and timeline for building up a universe. But then they decide to add in a Batman movie and another MoS, neither of which will happen as it was originally planned. And then SS happens and they try to spinoff Harley and Deadshot. And then later news comes out about like 5 other random spinoffs. It really felt like WB was throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It was weird at the time. WB announces their plans and timeline for building up a universe. But then they decide to add in a Batman movie and another MoS, neither of which will happen as it was originally planned. And then SS happens and they try to spinoff Harley and Deadshot. And then later news comes out about like 5 other random spinoffs. It really felt like WB was throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck.
That's what happens when its just a bunch of suits and one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Snyder had one plan and WB suits had another.

I'm hoping Hamada will rectify those issues.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Hamada have a plan, I just wish we would hear more about it. It's been pretty quiet since he took over.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even mind all the spin offs. I like seeing all the other justice league members. I just want a freaking bat family movie. Is that so much to ask for?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Hamada have a plan, I just wish we would hear more about it. It's been pretty quiet since he took over.
I bet that WB is hesitant to show a timeline again after what happened last time and because things can always change.

I don't even mind all the spin offs. I like seeing all the other justice league members. I just want a freaking bat family movie. Is that so much to ask for?
Apparently yes. Bruce is not allowed to interact with more than one of his children at a time in film.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I dont mind not having a timeline. Even marvel said they wouldn't be doing it again like they did before.

We know roughly what movies are coming next that's good enough.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we more or less know what the lineup is for the next two years, maybe even 2022 if we think Black Adam will finally happen, or if Shazam 2: The Dark World is a guarantee

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
If what alt right y'all head is saying is true then it sounds fucking incredible

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.