• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean.....it doesn't stop DC from doing these things in the future. Not sure what the problem is.

It doesn't but i do think it lessens the impact of them. The Atom is a cool character, but MCU Ant-Man was modified alot to take and use alot from the Atom's version of shrinking compared to comics Ant-man. To the point I'm surprised Ant-man and the wasp was what we got instead of being closer to something like sword of the atom.

Also I find it funny the big thing that made DC different in the comics, the history and legacy heroes will be done on screen by Marvel first.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't but i do think it lessens the impact of them. The Atom is a cool character, but MCU Ant-Man was modified alot to take and use alot from the Atom's version of shrinking compared to comics Ant-man. To the point I'm surprised Ant-man and the wasp was what we got instead of being closer to something like sword of the atom.

Also I find it funny the big thing that made DC different in the comics, the history and legacy heroes will be done on screen by Marvel first.
It really only lessens the impact if you are keeping score. Which there is no real need to.

I will give DC more props on how they started with way more diversity than Disney managed to do.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
You still doing this bit?
584059208899756078.png

lol. I agree with you. As much as I like Titans I always felt that Teen Titans should have been a movie. JL Dark should have also been made a long time ago.
Exactly, Justice League Dark would have been huge I think. It's the one area where DC films could have made a claim in, the horror aspect of superhero films. I don't think it will ever get made now.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Titans as a movie definitely won't do it justice. It's one of the reasons X-Men movies largely suck. Fitting sprawling epics with slice of life elements into single films dumbs them down immensely.

And JLD not coming out it 100% on GDT. Look at how many movies he's attached himself to for the past years and look how many of them actually came out.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Feigu will likely announce Dark Avengers and Young Avengers at SDCC. WB truly fucked it up with Justice League Dark which according to Guillermo del Toro would have gone into production after his Crimsom Peak film so sometime in 2014 or 2015. And that's not even mentioning the Teen Titans movie, that was announced back in 2007.

Now marvu will take all these ideas and run away with them. WB has always been so fucking incompetent with DC films. They're just extremely lucky that Nolan decided to work on Batman.
Eh, Marvel will continue to oversaturate and trivialize the genre with their shitty movies.

But yeah, WB's reluctance to just pull the trigger on different ideas has cost them. Like Gareth Evans Deathstroke... Always thought moving in the opposite direction of the Disney style would eventually pay off, but now WB is hell bent on following as second fiddle with the DCEU. Birds of Prey being the one exception right now.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
584059208899756078.png

Exactly, Justice League Dark would have been huge I think. It's the one area where DC films could have made a claim in, the horror aspect of superhero films. I don't think it will ever get made now.

I boggles my mind that despite the incredible resurgence in popularity that horror films have been going through that neither Marvel or DC have tried to cash-in on that by releasing a smaller budget, horror-themed superhero film in the fall. DC in particular has plenty of characters they could mine for something like that.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Surprising absolutely no one: https://heroichollywood.com/justice-league-jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor/
The positive side to Cavill's ousting.
The Snyder cut could be coming before the end of the year... The calculations have been made thanks to an insider from Dreamworks. The new mail campaign will be coordinated so that the letters arrive on the desk of Ann Sarnoff exactly one month after she starts her job. The best time. Also don't forget to enclose the amount of money you would spend on the Snyder cut, printed on "Zack Snyder currency"...

t1vqxpk.jpg
LMAO these people are insane, and they're the only thing from Snyder's movies people will remember.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Eisenberg as Luthor so I'm not happy about this at all. I hope he comes back if they decide to make another Superman movie. Another great actor who might be out. Urgh.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
So Feigu will likely announce Dark Avengers and Young Avengers at SDCC. WB truly fucked it up with Justice League Dark which according to Guillermo del Toro would have gone into production after his Crimsom Peak film so sometime in 2014 or 2015. And that's not even mentioning the Teen Titans movie, that was announced back in 2007.

Now marvu will take all these ideas and run away with them. WB has always been so fucking incompetent with DC films. They're just extremely lucky that Nolan decided to work on Batman.
Totally agree. And WB helpfully keeps announcing its plans long in advance before rowing them back to give Marvel time to get in first.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I have read it.

Good bullshit. If true, things will be burning.
I'm curious to see it, if true. Though I'd be disappointed with what they did with Cass.

Having x23's stunt double working the movie has me believing it's fake, though.

Definitely sounds wild.

When has DCEUleaks ever got anything right? Even David Sandberg called them out
They're quite hit and miss.

Vieweranon is the only source I consider close to legit there.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the chances that WB messes with this like they did with SS. DCEU finally has 2 great films in a row and they should not break the streak. After reading that tweet I kinda feel like WB will mess with the movie.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Those "leaks" sound kinda terrible. I hope that's not the movie we're getting. And come to think of it, it doesn't quite line up with some of the interviews from the actors (especially the girl playing Cassie).

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
BoP leaks do indeed sound like another disaster in the making. I wouldn't be surprised if they are true, it seemed to be heading in that direction from the moment they dropped the full name of the movie.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it'll be a dope movie and I'm kind of glad this all came out well in advance.

No longer going into it expecting kick ass silent cass cain and such.

Excited to see the first trailer still!

Status
Not open for further replies.