• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I thought things would be quiet until they're ready to show Pattinson in the new suit.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Q1 or 1H 2020. That's the time to announce. All the competition will have is Black Widow, whereas you're coming off the hopefully successful Joker. You have BoP and WW84 as bookends, and HBO Max launching in Spring 2020. If you need a convention, Emerald City Comic Con is there in March, but honestly you could drop it around an HBO Max junket.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Just looking at the movie release schedule for 2020 and I didn't realize December 2020 is a ghost town. No Star Wars, no Avatar, no big Disney tentpole unless you count Cruella on the 23rd. WB could sneak a movie in there like they did for Aquaman. 17 months away, but they would've probably had to start filming now to make it. What a bummer, only 2 Marvel and DC movies next year. Also pretty cool that first 3 superhero movies of the year are all female lead. Times finally a-changing.

EDIT - Also just saw that April 2021 is pretty barren as well. There's a Fast and Furious movie for Apr 2nd, but I can't find anywhere that confirms that release date. That'd only be a year after Fast 9 and I don't recall them saying they were shooting 9 and 10 back to back. So yeah, April 2021 could be great for Flash.

Last edited:

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Just looking at the movie release schedule for 2020 and I didn't realize December 2020 is a ghost town. No Star Wars, no Avatar, no big Disney tentpole unless you count Cruella on the 23rd. WB could sneak a movie in there like they did for Aquaman. 17 months away, but they would've probably had to start filming now to make it. What a bummer, only 2 Marvel and DC movies next year. Also pretty cool that first 3 superhero movies of the year are all female lead. Times finally a-changing.

EDIT - Also just saw that April 2021 is pretty barren as well. There's a Fast and Furious movie for Apr 2nd, but I can't find anywhere that confirms that release date. That'd only be a year after Fast 9 and I don't recall them saying they were shooting 9 and 10 back to back. So yeah, April 2021 could be great for Flash.
Man they could have dropped The Flash right in that December 2020 spot and cleaned up if that movie weren't cursed.

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk yall. Let DC take their time. A big part of why they are in the mess they are in is because they tried to rush things without a real solid plan.

At the moment it seems they've kinda found their footing. WW was good. Aquaman has mass appeal Shazam was good. There is good interest in Joker. WW2 seems to be promising. BoP will be interesting. They got Gunn for SS, and we'll definitely be getting Batman news.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Real talk yall. Let DC take their time. A big part of why they are in the mess they are in is because they tried to rush things without a real solid plan.

At the moment it seems they've kinda found their footing. WW was good. Aquaman has mass appeal Shazam was good. There is good interest in Joker. WW2 seems to be promising. BoP will be interesting. They got Gunn for SS, and we'll definitely be getting Batman news.
They had a plan(s).

Problem is. Zack Snyder and Wb had entirely different plans from one another and apparently didn't tell each other.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly post BvS Justice League could have worked as a soft reboot if it was given more time and care.

But honestly i'm not expecting any plans anymore outside of small connected families of films. When Snyder got kicked from JL the plan was probably Legion of Doom but died with Justice League failing.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Honestly post BvS Justice League could have worked as a soft reboot if it was given more time and care.

But honestly i'm not expecting any plans anymore outside of small connected families of films. When Snyder got kicked from JL the plan was probably Legion of Doom but died with Justice League failing.

Which is the far bigger loss in all this. A villain team up movie of that size would have been groundbreaking (not you Suicide Squad go away)

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard for me to be optimistic regarding New Gods. Both Ava Duvernay and Tom King are talented people, but they also have created duds. Wrinkle in Time was not a good movie, which makes me doubt Ava's capability on big-budget blockbusters. King's Batman run is mediocre, and Heroes in Crisis was downright trash. They are best for small-scale and personal projects, not big ones. If the rumors that the movie only focuses on Mr. Miracle, Barda, and the Female Furies are true, then maybe there's some hope. Anything bigger is gonna be worrisome for me.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I can understand doubting just based on the fact that that all her other work isnt in the blockbuster area and her first attempt was a dud. Though in fairness I dont think people's work for Disney can be compared to their work outside that system. They seem much more rigid and structured than other studios which doesnt seem to mesh well with some directors.

I'm not doubting her personally but I can understand why someone would.

I hope she knocks it out of the park though and look forward to it.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I hope that it's her next project, because it's the DCEU movie I'm waiting the most.
It's the one that can launch the cosmic side and bring so many great storylines, could be a new starting point for the DCEU (Darkseid, Lanterns, Manhunters etc.)

I also think we can expect diversity in the characters (Barda, Mr Miracle) with Ava.

Oct 25, 2017
They had a plan(s).

Problem is. Zack Snyder and Wb had entirely different plans from one another and apparently didn't tell each other.

Lets be real. Their plans were rushed and too bloated. They tried to kickstart a cinematic universe after one middling Superman movie. And without gauging reception to BvS had already committed to having the same director make a full fledged Justice League movie.

They really didn't have a plan. They just hoped what they did was good enough as a launch pad.

Now it seems they are actually slowing down a bit looking at what works and quite frankly just doing their own thing. They shouldn't try to chase Marvel and they definitely shouldn't try to emulate them.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if BvS had been recieved better, they would have been fine. The wild reception and extreme hot takes to that movie is still just outstanding to see to this day.

However after the reception of BvS, they should have kicked Snyder to the curb and delayed JL.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Finally got a copy of Shazam! today. Can't wait to rewatch it. Haven't seen it since that early Fandango fan event back in March.

I also now have every DCEU movie so far on Blu-ray!

xHdQcq3.jpg

Also got all of the MCU movies so far as well. And all of the Batman, Superman, X-Men, and Spider-Man movies out so far, among other comic books movies...

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got a copy of Shazam! today. Can't wait to rewatch it. Haven't seen it since that early Fandango fan event back in March.

I also now have every DCEU movie so far on Blu-ray!

xHdQcq3.jpg

Also got all of the MCU movies so far as well. And all of the Batman, Superman, X-Men, and Spider-Man movies out so far, among other comic books movies...
Looking to sell that digital code? >_>

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched Shazam last night. It was fine. Can't say I've been as high on the recent films as others. It was definitely better than Aquaman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.