• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
👀

You mentioned Joker earlier. It's going to be a Gala. Can you talk about the decision to give a comic book movie that prestigious screening slot?

First of all it's terrific. So it should play on our largest stage. But it's a really original take on comic book movies and on the Joker character in particular. It's not based on an existing story, it has one of the greatest actors in modern cinema, Joaquin Phoenix, in the lead, and Robert De Niro is in it as well, one of the best actors that has ever lived. But it has an interesting tone and approach to it. It's set in the late '70s, early '80s and it feels like it was made then. It's gritty in its look. It has references to Martin Scorsese's filmmaking and it feels like a cinematic achievement on a high level. Although it's working with very populist material, it has great ambition. That's why it's a Gala

Can't wait for this movie.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Anyone want to run WB's social media channels? They might be needing someone new to do it soon:
screenshot2019-08-06aexk9p.png

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
So The Kitchen was pretty good. McCarthy, Moss, and Haddish put in solid work. Movie earns its R.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
There's the Snyderverse and then there's the Post-Snyderverse where people are free to ignore stuff as they see fit. Patty and Gal are ignoring Snyder's WW characterization of giving up on humanity because her boyfriend died because it was fucking trash. Reeves is completely ignoring Batfleck. Superman will probably (hopefully) get a full blown Batman style reboot. Wan continued the Aquabro characterization but added some fucking color. Flash seems likely to continue the jokey Whedon characterization from JL. Cyborg has been dropped.

It's a Wild West over at the DCEU. Snyder's Vision got tossed so now the people still in charge have the freedom to do what they want.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not, but it could work
They need to get Batman to work first. This is WB's entire problem: They don't/didn't know what to do with their characters. Reading about all of the failed projects for Superman and Batman, it seems like WB was only interested in remixed versions of these characters. The reactions to the "Snyderverse" and positive reactions to the MCU, I think, have taught them the right lessons. Shazam and Aquaman being the shining examples.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
They need to get Batman to work first. This is WB's entire problem: They don't/didn't know what to do with their characters. Reading about all of the failed projects for Superman and Batman, it seems like WB was only interested in remixed versions of these characters. The reactions to the "Snyderverse" and positive reactions to the MCU, I think, have taught them the right lessons. Shazam and Aquaman being the shining examples.
The idea was more about keeping the universe together, I'm not saying Dick should be Batman if it's a reboot. Batman was clearly out of form in Justice League, they could have Dick succeeding him and his whole better batman thing would explain why he doesn't kill etc

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they care to keep the universe together. I think Warner Bros is perfectly fine with self contained properties with very, very loose connections to each other. What exactly are they missing out on if they can turn out close to billion dollar movies with decent to good critical reception?

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
With Shazam having references to both Batman and Superman (even Aquaman) and BP and SS2 having returning characters they're clearly not abandoning the shared universe, Patbat is most likely the new Bruce Wayne Batman for this universe going forward.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Robert Pattinson is the new Bruce Wayne and thus he's the new Batman.

Just as they had Dame Judi Dench play 'M' for Brosnan's time as Bond and then Daniel Craig after him without the need for some elaborate explanation, Pattinson will be Bruce Wayne/Batman and if/when Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman teams up with him no one will skip a beat trying to work out what's going on and why he doesn't have Affleck's face.

It's a total non issue.

I'm kinda hoping if they ever do alternate universe stuff, they can bring Batfleck back for something.

I've said it before but what if Affleck came back ten, fifteen, or more, years from now to write, direct and star in an epic live action The Dark Knight Returns adaptation?

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, The Kitchen is getting ripped to shreds.

Guess we know now why they didn't hype the movie as much.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I don't think they care to keep the universe together. I think Warner Bros is perfectly fine with self contained properties with very, very loose connections to each other. What exactly are they missing out on if they can turn out close to billion dollar movies with decent to good critical reception?
Because Marvel has demonstrated the benefits of interconnected properties. Just add a little Nick Fury to spice up your mediocre new character and bingo a billion.

Running individual properties is riskier and it's also stupid. Why when you have access to so many characters would you not want to take advantage?

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017

Only thing us DC fans know at this point, disappointment (with a few exceptions). Hopefully nobody creates an OT on it. I can see the title already "DC throws The Kitchen sink in an attempt to fix their film problem and fails once again"

266121723697430528.png

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah well just wait till JOKER takes all the award in TIFF or Venice film festival or whatever .

We will truly be living in a society then .

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017

So The Kitchen was pretty good. McCarthy, Moss, and Haddish put in solid work. Movie earns its R.
You LIAR!

Only thing us DC fans know at this point, disappointment (with a few exceptions). Hopefully nobody creates an OT on it. I can see the title already "DC throws The Kitchen sink in an attempt to fix their film problem and fails once again"

266121723697430528.png
Speak for yourself. I've enjoyed most DCEU movies except a few

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Robert Pattinson is the new Bruce Wayne and thus he's the new Batman.

Just as they had Dame Judi Dench play 'M' for Brosnan's time as Bond and then Daniel Craig after him without the need for some elaborate explanation, Pattinson will be Bruce Wayne/Batman and if/when Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman teams up with him no one will skip a beat trying to work out what's going on and why he doesn't have Affleck's face.

It's a total non issue.

Yep. Also, by the time Reeves' Batman movies comes out in 2021 it'll have been four years since Justice League and audiences will barely remember that Batffleck was even a thing. Hell they likely barely remember now :P

Oct 25, 2017
Is Bloodlines in the same universe, and it has flashbacks? I like Rosario's Diana. And I quite liked Steve Trevor's role in the early N52 JL books.

Her N52 solo series though was really good for all its faults.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Twitter has begun to crack down and ban the most toxic people who harass anyone who posts something positive about DC movies. One of the biggest ones was finally permanently banned this morning.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter has begun to crack down and ban the most toxic people who harass anyone who posts something positive about DC movies. One of the biggest ones was finally permanently banned this morning.
Good. They need to clean that shit up. I hope this starts a greater overall trend for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.