• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We sure as shit are allowed to make fun of the stupid threads they keep making in OT every couple of days. You're the one that started this little tiff right now.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
That thread about the Twitter exposing companies supporting Republicans is a gold mine.

The utter mental gymnastics people do when it comes to Marvel boss Ike, and Murdoch now owning a huge amount of stock in Disney is incredible to behold. Someone could do a case study on the hypocrisy on display.

A forum that calls for boycotts for any company related to Trump or Republicans or fox news. That donates or other wise.

Yet when it comes to Marvel. When it comes to supporting Disney. Knowing that money is indirectly being funneled into Trump and Fox news. All you hear is excuses on why it's okay.

Could you IMAGINE what the threads would look like if somebody prominent in DC was donating huge sums to Trump or if Murdoch had a huge stake in WB. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

It's so easy to boycott shit when you don't care about it. People here would never boycott Marvel and they'll never admit it makes them hypocrites.

And look at Armie hammers responses on Twitter when he brought it up.

But just the snyder zealots are crazy.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That thread about the Twitter exposing companies supporting Republicans is a gold mine.

The utter mental gymnastics people do when it comes to Marvel boss Ike, and Murdoch now owning a huge amount of stock in Disney is incredible to behold. Someone could do a case study on the hypocrisy on display.

A forum that calls for boycotts for any company related to Trump or Republicans or fox news. That donates or other wise.

Yet when it comes to Marvel. When it comes to supporting Disney. Knowing that money is indirectly being funneled into Trump and Fox news. All you hear is excuses on why it's okay.

Could you IMAGINE what the threads would look like if somebody prominent in DC was donating huge sums to Trump or if Murdoch had a huge stake in WB. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

It's so easy to boycott shit when you don't care about it. People here would never boycott Marvel and they'll never admit it makes them hypocrites.

And look at Armie hammers responses on Twitter when he brought it up.

But just the snyder zealots are crazy.

lol Holy shit! They lack self awareness seriously.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Yet when it comes to Marvel. When it comes to supporting Disney. Knowing that money is indirectly being funneled into Trump and Fox news. All you hear is excuses on why it's okay

Boy, you are showing your ass. Disney does not own Fox's news or sports brands. That's still Fox proper. Disney just bought the entertainment side.

You're really showing your ass on that soapbox of yours...

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Boy, you are showing your ass. Disney does not own Fox's news or sports brands. That's still Fox proper. Disney just bought the entertainment side.

You're really showing your ass on that soapbox of yours...
No shit. Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News and he owns a huge amount of stock in Disney thanks to the merger that people here wanted and cheerleaded for.

The more money Disney makes the more money Murdoch makes the more money he dumps into Fox News.

You're the only one showing your ass.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
No shit. Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News and he owns a huge amount of stock in Disney thanks to the merger that people here wanted and cheerleaded for.

The more money Disney makes the more money Murdoch makes the more money he dumps into Fox News.

You're the only one showing your ass.

You seem to assume Disney is still paying for Fox, which is not the case. Yeah, Murdoch got his cut when Fox got sold, but it's not like people going to see Lion King are funding Tucker Carlson. But whatever nice to see another delusional poster I can ignore.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
You seem to assume Disney is still paying for Fox, which is not the case. Yeah, Murdoch got his cut when Fox got sold, but it's not like people going to see Lion King are funding Tucker Carlson. But whatever nice to see another delusional poster I can ignore.
What I just posted is a fact. There is nothing delusional about facts. If you cant handle that then it speaks volumes about the delusions you tell yourself.

Murdoch owns a not small part of Disney. This isnt disputable. He profits off of Disney now. He didnt just get some cash and went on his way.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
What I just posted is a fact. There is nothing delusional about facts. If you cant handle that then it speaks volumes about the delusions you tell yourself.

Murdoch owns a not small part of Disney. This isnt disputable. He profits off of Disney now. He didnt just get some cash and went on his way.

It tends to not be the best place to start, just because this is largely true of most corps. Top Hollywood Execs Give Overwhelmingly to Democrats for Midterms
Only three members of the THR 100 list donated to the GOP: 'Saturday Night Live' creator Lorne Michaels, WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey and Viacom CEO Bob Bakish.

WarnerMedia being a subsidiary of AT&T of course... CEO Randall Stephenson is a strong driver. They even got into it deep, directly hiring Michael Cohen, probably to help push the merger. This right-leaning political focus continues mostly back through Charter ownership, and Time-Warner ownership.

This is mostly true of Disney as well, because again... most corporate governance tends to be people who vote, donate, and lobby, towards the right. Just depends on how much of that you attribute to creatives. (One odd divergence is Comcast CEO and president Brian Roberts, who is very close with Democrats.)

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It tends to not be the best place to start, just because this is largely true of most corps. Top Hollywood Execs Give Overwhelmingly to Democrats for Midterms

WarnerMedia being a subsidiary of AT&T of course... CEO Randall Stephenson is a strong driver. They even got into it deep, directly hiring Michael Cohen, probably to help push the merger. This right-leaning political focus continues mostly back through Charter ownership, and Time-Warner ownership.

This is mostly true of Disney as well, because again... most corporate governance tends to be people who vote, donate, and lobby, towards the right. Just depends on how much of that you attribute to creatives. (One odd divergence is Comcast CEO and president Brian Roberts, who is very close with Democrats.)
Thanks for this. I had no idea.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Yeah I thought batman ninja was one of the worst DC animated films. But to each their own. I can see why some would love it if they buy into the concept I guess.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
I've just re watched the warehouse scene for the first time since the blu ray released, I hope we have more scenes like it in the new movie, I often watch TDK trilogy so it was really eye opening on how simple the fights were in the trilogy

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
The art style is also ugly as hell. I don't know what happened but it used to look fantastic.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I just want another teem titans move....preferably one with some type of budget. Loved judas....but good did it look bad.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Also I want to apologize if I've every offended any of you or anyone has felt like I'm attacking them. I try not to. I tend to treat others as they treat me. So when they give me attitude I tend to give it back. Still I'd like to be better in that regard and ignore it even when people do. But I'm not perfect.

I love this community thread it's a good place to vent about the forum without being judged too much. But again I apologize for those that are annoyed that this thread is treated like a place to vent.

I do enjoy this forum I just get frustrated sometimes when people can be very disrespectful and it goes unchecked.

There's a lot of great posters in this thread like Ross62 Cpt-GargameL MHWilliams I appreciate all your posts and level headed responses even if we vehemently disagree on a subject.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
How do you all watch the animated films? I tend to just buy them and watch them. I'll post pictures when I get a chance but I bought that 30 film blu ray 10 year anniversary set and I've been buying all the 4k releases since.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I want to apologize if I've every offended any of you or anyone has felt like I'm attacking them. I try not to. I tend to treat others as they treat me. So when they give me attitude I tend to give it back. Still I'd like to be better in that regard and ignore it even when people do. But I'm not perfect.

I love this community thread it's a good place to vent about the forum without being judged too much. But again I apologize for those that are annoyed that this thread is treated like a place to vent.

I do enjoy this forum I just get frustrated sometimes when people can be very disrespectful and it goes unchecked.

There's a lot of great posters in this thread like Ross62 Cpt-GargameL MHWilliams I appreciate all your posts and level headed responses even if we vehemently disagree on a subject.

All good DD. No harm here. I don't think I've ever sensed/noticed any kind of ill will from your posts. At the end of the day we're all human and make mistakes and it's what we do after these mistakes that determines who we are afterwards, mentally and emotionally. 💪

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

S'all good, man. I had no problems. We got no beef.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
How do you all watch the animated films? I tend to just buy them and watch them. I'll post pictures when I get a chance but I bought that 30 film blu ray 10 year anniversary set and I've been buying all the 4k releases since.
I do the same. I own every blu ray of the dc animated films. Also started buying 4K versions as soon as they started selling them. But I'm a collector so it's just my thing.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
If they didn't have any money, they wouldn't exist lol
...I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. Some on the animation side aren't getting much money....which has them cutting corners. It doesn't prevent them from making shows/movies....it just has a noticeable poorer quality. Generally if the new 52 style is being used, it's a pretty decent chance they don't have a lot to work with.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
...I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. Some on the animation side aren't getting much money....which has them cutting corners. It doesn't prevent them from making shows/movies....it just has a noticeable poorer quality. Generally if the new 52 style is being used, it's a pretty decent chance they don't have a lot to work with.
It's not a budget issue, it's a talent issue. Better works are made on the same types of budget. And budget only affects animation quality to some degree

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Is everyone going to check out CW's crisis event later this year?

I haven't watched any of the shows for years, but I'm going to check it out.

Also hyped for Titans season 2.

The last few episodes of Young Justice haven't been too hot, but Granny Goodness was great in the latest one.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019

The last few episodes of Young Justice haven't been too hot, but Granny Goodness was great in the latest one.
I started flash as I'd never seen any cw shows. It's annoying that they have these cross overs between the shows but to watch them I would have to subscribe to multiple streaming services because where I live all the DC shows are on different platforms.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos

Stopped watching them all last year, still gonna watch the crisis, they always deliver with those

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Yeah I was gonna isnt next year the first year in a long time there is no batman? Which is a good sign.

What's the slate next year do you remember?
Superman: Red Son
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (surprised its a JLD movie and not a JL movie since it looks like it's adapting Darkseid War)
Superman: Man of Tomorrow

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

I vaguely keep up with them, mainly just Flash and Legends though.

If you're interested, you should check out last year's crossover, Elseworlds. It sets up and ties into Crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.