• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erza won

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Oh hell yes

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats one of the things im not happy about. The original casting of everyone was great. JK simmons would be a great Gordon if given something to do...

Thats the biggest crime really of losing everyone.

At least James Gunn is keeping most of the cast. Just wish we got Katana in SS2.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Thats one of the things im not happy about. The original casting of everyone was great. JK simmons would be a great Gordon if given something to do...

Thats the biggest crime really of losing everyone.

At least James Gunn is keeping most of the cast. Just wish we got Katana in SS2.
266121723697430528.png

#BringHerBack naaaaw!

That should be the most important DC film petition after #ReleaseTheSnyderCut

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Should have a bingo card at this point.

Zack Snyder

[ ] hates colors
[ ] doesn't understand Superman
[ ] wanted Batman raped in prison
[ ] killed the DCEU
[ ] is a misogynist
[ ] is an objectivist
[ ] emboldens the alt right
[ ] spurs his fans on to harass people

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Should have a bingo card at this point.

Zack Snyder

[ ] hates colors
[ ] doesn't understand Superman
[ ] wanted Batman raped in prison
[ ] killed the DCEU
[ ] is a misogynist
[ ] is an objectivist
[ ] emboldens the alt right
[ ] spurs his fans on to harass people
That argument about him being a sexist because Lois Lane was corrected on how to write a word was weird.
Can people discuss comic books here or is it only for the movies?

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
That argument about him being a sexist because Lois Lane was corrected on how to write a word was weird.
Can people discuss comic books here or is it only for the movies?
Wha? Lois Lane being a bad speller is trait she's always had. She gets corrected on her spelling literally all the time in other media. lol

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
It's just baffling man. The way some of them go on it's like Snyder killed their children and pets.

Oct 25, 2017
How/why are people still shocked at that stuff? DCEU threads on EtcetEra are, with some exceptions, largely worthless shitpost piles. I was gonna compare it to /co/, but the mods on /co/ will at least shut a thread down if it's useless. It's an angry, useless circlejerk. I don't buy the "alt-right/Randian" horseshit. They're angry because some dude didn't make their comic book movies the way they like them. Period.

Last edited:

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
How/why are people still shocked at that stuff? DCEU threads on EtcetEra are, with some exceptions, largely worthless shitpost piles. I was gonna compare it to /co/, but the mods on /co/ will at least shut a thread down if it's useless. It's an angry, useless circlejerk. Don't buy the "alt-right/Randian" horseshit. They're angry because some dude didn't make their comic book movies the way they like them. Period.
You'd think they would be bored of it by now. They discuss the films more than fans do. It's been years. The man is gone. But yet theirs still almost daily threads.

Its obsessive and strange. And I'm 100% sure the reason some of them want a reboot so badly is because they dont want snyder to ever be given any credit whatsoever which is also plays into how much hate wonder woman gets in this forum.

Nov 1, 2017
The Suit looks amazing (I hope it's okay to post about titans tv show here!)

w590hu6e2hf31.jpg

Just less than a month to go!

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Started watching Titans and it's pretty good, definitely better than expected. Although it bothered me that the actor for Niles was different from Doom Patrol lol

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman was probably the weirdest and funniest thing about the Snyder hate. The reactions basically everything about the movie was great but stuff people hated being attributed to Zack Snyder was really weird.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
By all accounts Snyder is a nice dude and a professional of the highest order , but its perfectly fine to not like his movies or to think his nihilistic depressing take on the DC heroes did real damage to their public perception .

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
By all accounts Snyder is a nice dude and a professional of the highest order , but its perfectly fine to not like his movies or to think his nihilistic depressing take on the DC heroes did real damage to their public perception .
I mean, people should just take it as an Elseworld story at this point. Legit all he wanted to do was injustice. Honestly, people need to get over it. He's no longer working on any DC stuff.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I don't think the issue is people not liking the movies. There's folks in this very thread who don't like some or any of his movies, and even those who do like them freely admit their flaws and acknowledge they have the minority opinion

It's the obsessive hate that has people either comes at the man as a person or shit up every DC thread that people are over. People make these threads so they can have the same conversations over and over about how much they hate these movies and it's exhausting. Especially because it feels like at least some of it is from MCU zealots who feel bizarrely threatened by DC's recent upswing. As if good DC movies means someone will take the MCU away.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Well fanboys gonna fanboy i guess, what ya gonna do.
You can ignore those threads , that seems like a reasonable thing to do . who got the patience to have the same discussion again and again about the same handful of movies , life is too short .

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I generally ignore the clear bait threads. I just wish they'd leave the trailer and review threads alone. I'm all for differing opinions, but those types really do just come in to shit things up.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worst part about Snyder Hate isn't the random posters but how critics and professionals seem to get in on it. During the brightburn press cycle seeing critics try and egg James Gunn into crapping on Snyder was fucking appalling.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
This same energy isn't kept for the actual creep who used his position to cheat on his wife with actresses from his shows and gaslight her with pseudo feminism. But I guess since it came from a "hurt woman" it means nothing.

Last edited:

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
You complain about people making criticism of Snyder too personal , then type this kind of nonsense in here?

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Hear me out

Shave Anthony Starr's Head (Homelander from The Boys) and cast him as Lex opposite Nic Hoult's Superman

I've been meaning to watch Batman Forever. I've actually never seen it as an adult
Batman Forever wasn't that big of an offender. It actually had a lot of cool scenes.

It's Batman and Robin that took the cake. I was 10 when I saw it in theaters and hated it then... The disdain for that flick has never left.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I loved Batman and Robin as a youngin. Loved. As an adult, I freely admit its flaws but I still have affection for it. It does not work at all, but it has its own kind of charm.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I liked B&R till I was about 10, I feel like it could have worked more like Forever if Ivy was removed entirely.
the Batman v Robin stuff just drags that movie to hell.

I even liked the Ice suits everyone jokes about, I was always a fan of Batman having limited use specialty suits
Though a cartoon did it better
drink13.jpg

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I remember Batman Forever original script as pretty good , and very much tied to the first two Burton movies .

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Batman forever was my introduction to the character and made me a fan, I love it. As a kid, the image of the bat flying(that we see in Bruce's head) was like a revelation, everything started with this movie

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, think imma have to put dc threads on ignore. It's crazy what people pull out of their asses. That trinity thread is triggering me. Op only uses dc animated movies to prove their point that tge trinity is over used for all mediums....

I need a joker trailer, or another titans trailer.

a916

Oct 25, 2017

The one thing I've never understood is there's people that are openly toxic about his take on Superman, but are totally okay with RJ's take on a broken Luke.

Like one is a mutating character, each interpretation being different, and the other is the exact same character.

Status
Not open for further replies.