• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Speaking of, I plan on watching Suicide Squad for the first time next. It's interesting that it's the exact opposite of Batman vs Superman in that the extended cut is on the Blu Ray instead of the 4K for whatever reason.

Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta make Around 180-200 million to not lose money. So far it has 40 million worldwide I think
It doesn't have to make it back this weekend. They will sell a blu ray to every high school girl who likes comics, punk, or Margot Robbie.

And yes, I'm aware of the pressure to set the world on fire the first weekend. But all this hand ringing after only 48 hours is too much.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
I just saw it. It was pretty fun. Huntress needs another film she was great. Cassandra was kinda disappointing. Really not comic accurate but maybe she'll grow into it. The movie did not needed to be rated R I hope they put out a pg 13 cut in theaters. That would help the box office

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The movie likely needs $325 million to break even. Studios don't get 1:1 with box office. Better estimate would probably be 2.5x the combined budget and marketing.

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Had a great time watching Birds of Prey today. Loved the action, the music, the little nods to current DCEU continuity, and how Harley really made the movie unique beyond a pastiche of Tarantino with a little John Wick. Definitely hoping more people give the film a shot and I think it'll have legs once more people see it this weekend.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It just seems so bizarre to me for Birds of Prey of all comic properties to get an R rating with tons of f bombs. Like, even though Deadpool has had few if any R-rated equivalent comic books, you can at least kind of see an R-rated Deadpool making sense, because the comics for the character DO often have bleeped profanity and heavy violence. But Birds of Prey? Why?

For people saying that they may learn the wrong lesson about this, this is a case where I think R-rating IS a problem that they could learn from. It doesn't make sense for the team, and it cuts out tons of teen girls who may be really into it from seeing it. I'm not outright against r-ratings for comics movies, but I think it should only be for properties where it feels makes sense. Deadpool, Joker, Logan, makes a reasonable amount of sense. But I don't believe it does for Birds of Prey.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Yeah this movie didn't need an R rating, specially with how silly it is. It is really, really silly. Deadpool featured a silt character in a serious world/plot. BoP is just an R Rated cartoon episode. What a weird movie.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I still feel you'd have to water down the villains of this movie a lot if you decided drop the r rating.

The bulk of the blame lies with poor marketing.

It's a shame, but hopefully WB's new leadership dont overly panic in response to this.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched the movie (I've been sick for weeks), but I've watched Jeremy Jahns' video and he says Black Mask is an over the top caricature who hates women.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I actually loved BOP. Much stronger film than Suicide Squad and the fight choreography was amazing. Great music too.

It just oozes personality and I really hope it does okay at the end of its box office run :(

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not making more than 200 worldwide.

Edit:: The funny thing is if Joker had made some sort of appearance in this movie, it would have done much better. Even Leto's Joker.

For Shazam 2, they need to bring Supes for that or another recognizable character. It can still be Shazams movie but they do what marvel did with homecoming by adding IronMan.

Last edited:

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
We need to bring back #SevenForTheSeven

Everyone watch the movie seven times each!

In all seriousness though, the new leadership at WB seems a lot more sensible than the last.

The right lessons will be learned from this. I just hope we get to see more of the birds of prey.

I need my first CBM romantic film in Canary and the Green Arrow :(

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
they shoulda had joker cameo and at least explain that she was leaving him in the trailer.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
This movie was too early, Harley just doesn't have the same pull without the Joker. At least not yet. And all that shit going on in Gotham without a peep from the Batman is just stupid.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Jared Leto Joker would have saved this film from the box office doldrums.

It would have been a draw if Jared's Joker was well received, people would have been dying to see more of him.

This movie was too early, Harley just doesn't have the same pull without the Joker. At least not yet. And all that shit going on in Gotham without a peep from the Batman is just stupid.

I don't think that's an issue, people don't seem that bothered by it in the MCU.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
People freaking hate Leto Joker, no way would he have improved this film's numbers.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
They should have Tarkin'ed Cesar Romero Joker for a BoP cameo .
The Latin from Manhattan would have brought the big bucks .