• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
a60c2v2sk4g41.jpg

Winner winner, Vegan dinner
I was joking when I said this before, but I do legitimately think a Joker 2 revolving around Arthur's relationship with Harleen is the only way to go from here
And yes, get Rooney on board

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Man I hope BOP makes a bit of a comeback run, I was really hoping we could get a Gotham City Sirens movie :(
Ironically I think a Gotham Sirens movie would've done better. No one in the general audience has a fucking clue who Black Canary or Huntress are. Harley, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy though? Much bigger draws.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Ironically I think a Gotham Sirens movie would've done better. No one in the general audience has a fucking clue who Black Canary or Huntress are. Harley, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy though? Much bigger draws.
Also this movie really wasn't really appealing to few fans BOP actually has, I've seen many of them( especially Cassandra Cain fans) uninterested in the movie since it's been pretty clear since day one that this a solo Harley Quinn movie using the BOP name for some reason

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham City Siren could have kept a lot of the key themes too. Kept the breakup in. Have Ivy take Canary's role as the powered one and be there to support Harley emotionally. Huntress is replaced by Catwoman and instead of
looking for revenge she's trying to steal the diamond too.
. You can leave Montoya in and give her roughly the same story. Maybe change Cass to Harper Row. The movie can still end roughly the same too.
Instead of the team at the end being the Birds of Prey with Harley and Cass off on their own it's the Sirens with Montoya off on her on.
. You can still do the breaking away from Joker story, just in a different way. Ivy probably fucks the budget up though.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
A Gotham sirens with Harley poison ivy and Catwoman probably would have been a huge hit. Then after that do birds of prey

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean didn't most people think Birds of Prey was going to be successful too and look where we're at.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
people don't care as much about Harley as we thought.

I think it's really this... She can be a fun part of a team, but solo ? And the "fans", are they old enough to see a R rated movie ?

Harley is too big to fail.

Sure, she'll still be a big hit for Halloween costumes, it's her main appeal to the general audience after all.

The marketing was everywhere, I'm not sure it's the problem...

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this thread is 2 secs from being doom and gloom again. ...if it's not there already. I doubt dc is gonna over correct because of this.....

I'll say this. Harley is a popular character. But a character that has a wide age range of fans. So the kids that enjoy her for super hero girls....are not gonna be able to see this movie. Which clashes with the more darker aspects of her character. Add to the fact the marketing for the movie was pretty non existent, you get people saying they didn't even know the movie was out. Like i fell like shazam had more marketing than bop.

Also, again i find it funny how the boxoffice thread got way more participants than the actual bop threads. Basically when it was a good movie...they couldn't really say anything. Now it's a poorly performing movie....and everyone comes out of the woodwork..

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
There could be underperforming movies, like Shazam or BoP but I'm not worried. What is really important for me is that the critics are good now. So WB has found a formula and won the critics hearts again.
Why are we sad ? It's because we fear that we won't be seeing more DC movies. I don't care if BoP underperforms as long as i'm sure that I'm gonna have a lot of other DC properties. So, sure, WB could cancel their futur movies because of this failure, but I don't believe it for one second.

We already have WW84, The Batman, The Suicide Squad, Shazam 2, The Flash and Black Adam in production. Everything's fine !

Failures in cinema are pretty common, it happens to every major studio. WB will bounce back, and I'm sure that WW84 will be a great success.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy that DC is still trying different shit.

Disney's problem is that the characters might vary, but it's always the same template.

At least the other Marvel stuff like Logan and Spider-verse bent things.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
There could be underperforming movies, like Shazam or BoP but I'm not worried. What is really important for me is that the critics are good now. So WB has found a formula and won the critics hearts again.
Why are we sad ? It's because we fear that we won't be seeing more DC movies. I don't care if BoP underperforms as long as i'm sure that I'm gonna have a lot of other DC properties. So, sure, WB could cancel their futur movies because of this failure, but I don't believe it for one second.

We already have WW84, The Batman, The Suicide Squad, Shazam 2, The Flash and Black Adam in production. Everything's fine !

Failures in cinema are pretty common, it happens to every major studio. WB will bounce back, and I'm sure that WW84 will be a great success.

Truth!

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017

Also, a video of her filming a scene in a different outfit:

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
WB copyright claimed every Twitter video showing Harley Quinn filming on the set of The Suicide Squad, damn lol.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
Come one wonder let's get a billion. It would make me feel better about birds not doing so well

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
www.thewrap.com

No, Warner Bros Did Not Change the Title of 'Birds of Prey' - But Theater Chains Did - TheWrap

Theater chains Regal Cinemas, Cinemark and AMC Theaters updated their websites with "Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey" for search engine purposes

Warner Bros. hasn't changed the name of "Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)" to "Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey," an individual with knowledge at the studio told TheWrap.
Nonetheless, top theater chains Regal Cinemas, Cinemark and AMC Theatres updated their websites this week after the DC comic-book adaptation's disappointing opening weekend to put Margot Robbie's lead character front and center: "Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey."
So it wasn't a move by WB, it was one by the ticket sellers. That's even weirder.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
www.thewrap.com

No, Warner Bros Did Not Change the Title of 'Birds of Prey' - But Theater Chains Did - TheWrap

Theater chains Regal Cinemas, Cinemark and AMC Theaters updated their websites with "Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey" for search engine purposes

So it wasn't a move by WB, it was one by the ticket sellers. That's even weirder.
Well not really, if it's not selling well they're clearly hoping to draw more people in by making sure you know it's a Harley movie. But who the hell doesn't know this is a Harley Movie?

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
So, looking at the HQ in Suicide Squad thread, it seems like Era has decided that BoP is trash too, and she is too good for the DCEU, so we can officially go back to doom and gloom, Dierce is gonna post those same sad reaction pics again.

Last edited:

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a chore lately cleaning my YouTube feed of man children gloating about the BoP box office. These people really have no lives.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I do wish box office totals weren't the be all end all to some people. The Road To El Dorado didn't make back its budget at the box office, yet it's one of the best animated films of all time.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
Some details on Batman shooting at the Cardington Airfield shed. I believe it was previously said they were seeking ~500 extras for this sequence, which will shoot over the next two weeks.