• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Yeah yeah, DC live action TV shows look bad, what's new. But for some ungodly reason, recent DC live action shows have been attempting to up the ante to try to deliver some movie scale action but with the same budget and CG finesse of their tv shows from twenty years ago.

Enter this scene from Crisis on Infinite Earths. Enjoy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Still better than a lot of Supergirl CGI.

<shrug>

Didn't bother me.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I know what I was expecting
So I wasn't disappointed.

At least they went with it.

Rather just camera looking at Iris and Lois as the fight goes on

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It looked good for something they probably only had a day to shoot. And we got Brandon's Superman back. What's the problem?

Boogins

Oct 28, 2017
They don't have a Man of Steel budget so they do what they can. This isn't even the worst they have ever put out, I don't reallly get your reaction.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Doesn't bother me that much. I think the still shots of the buildings is the major issue. Besides that it's fine.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious to learn the behind the scenes of the CW budgets. It seems like all of the shows CG/choregraphy just took a noticeable dip 3 or so seasons ago.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like any other CW genre show. Half the fun is watching them try on a low-rated network budget.

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Jesus the Arrowverse hate bandwagon is spreading here too?

I can't get away from it.

Also it looks fine. Especially for a huge crossover event.

Also saying all DC TV looks bad is an insult to Gotham. Gotham was one of the greatest looking shows on television. It had better cinematography and visuals than TDK trilogy.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
There are so many worse things.
Also it's the CW man, they're doing the best with what they have.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was pretty cool. Not sure what you're expecting from such a crazy production cycle.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus the Arrowverse hate bandwagon is spreading here too?

I can't get away from it.

Also it looks fine. Especially for a huge crossover event.

Also saying all DC TV looks bad is an insult to Gotham. Gotham was one of the greatest looking shows on television. It had better cinematography and visuals than TDK trilogy.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
What's wrong with that Luthor? He's a spiteful little shit and he plays the character that way.
Nah. It's one of the best takes on the character in a long ass time.
Interesting take. Probably my favorite version of Lex since TAS
Admittedly I've only seen a few clips here and there, but IMO he brings down every scene I've seen him in

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I thought it looked pretty good considering they probably had the little budget left to pull that off after all they're putting into this event.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Um, the actual mid-air fight looks awesome, especially for TV. Everything leading up to it looks straight out of Lois & Clark :/

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Here's Clark vs Bizarro from 12 years ago
tumblr_mk6lu6mzkk1s66s95o6_r1_250.gif

Never forget.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the kind of budget they had to work with I think they pulled it off pretty well. The only awkward part is when the black haired lady somehow got behind Lex and bonked him on the head.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Besides the close ups where the capes in no way match the speed they are flying at, it looked pretty good to me. *shrug*