• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
DDR, IIDX and SDVX Ultimate Mobile Announced, Official Controllers Also Announced.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Konami went ahead and announced 3 new mobile games for phones and tablets. Those are Dance Dance Revolution, Beatmania IIDX and Sound Voltex, all coming out with their respective controllers in a near future. Yes, Konami is also releasing 2 new Dance Pads for DDR (a normal console mat and a metallic arcade pad), a IIDX controller, and a SDVX controller.

Tweets coming from Bemanistyle.

Dance Dance Revolution Ultimate Mobile + DDR PADS

GAMEPLAY FOR DDR:

Beatmania IIDX Ultimate Mobile + IIDX controller

Sound Voltex Ultimate Mobile + SDVX Controller

EDIT:
The IIDX and SDVX controllers appear to be on sale preorderable at https://www.konamistyle.jp for 15,984円 (~$146) each.
IIDX: https://www.konamistyle.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=109152
SDVX: https://www.konamistyle.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=109160
11210925_5bf4a60b08688.jpg
11210920_5bf4a4c728f05.jpg

edit: preorderable, not on sale. They release in summer 2019.

Last edited:

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Huh. Intriguing. So I guess you'd be just holding the phone? It seems like it'd make it progressively harder to see as you bump up difficulty and start moving more. (edit: this was when the thread initially just mentioned DDR)

I wish I had bought another set of DDR pads years ago before the midrange market seemed to drop out. Last time I checked a few years back it was pretty much either the pack-in soft nightmares or ultra-expensive metal stuff.

Last edited:

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I guess it's good if your mobile phone is the size of a large television like in their demonstration. I don't think holding a phone and bouncing around while trying to watch the screen seems all that practical.

OP
OP
janoGX

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I guess it's good if your mobile phone is the size of a large television like in their demonstration. I don't think holding a phone and bouncing around while trying to watch the screen seems all that practical.

I wouldn't be surprised if this also gets released on tablets, and with how you can easily connect a phone to a TV, it wouldn't be a problem running a game like this.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I think the bigger news is the official controllers. You should get the title renamed to emphasize that.

OP
OP
janoGX

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
If mods can change the title of the thread to something like: "DDR, IIDX and SDVX Ultimate Mobile Announced + New controllers"

I would be thankful. I'll re-organize the OP.

Oct 25, 2017
how would this work, though, could mobile imply they could port it digitally to consoles too

Do want but yeah dont want to be standing there holding my phone.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really miss playing IIDX & DDR on my PS2. I guess this would be the next best thing, but of course, this won't hit the US. Been wanting to try Sound Voltex as well.

I do wonder if you'll have to make your own makeshift display or if the controllers will have a notch or something to place the phone/tablet.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
As others have said, the phone aspect seems odd.

I used to love my terrible third party, laggy PS1 dance mat.

Needs to come to consoles.

Is it reasonably easy to get an iPhone on a TV?

Khayle

Dec 23, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if this also gets released on tablets, and with how you can easily connect a phone to a TV, it wouldn't be a problem running a game like this.
Actually, there would be one massive issue : latency. You can't just expect to remotely display such a game without latency issues and that will ruin the whole experience.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
But no Pop'n Music though :(

Need a new Pop'n CS...Mobile, PC, anywhere please, or at least let R1 get Pop'n Music Peace and eamuse support.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
This is amazing! I'd be in on the SDVX Controller if I didn't already have a mini one

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if they are releasing some kind of dock similar to the Switch (hdmi out plus a wired connection to these new DDR pads). I'm cool with it being mobile if it's easy to set up on a TV with no latency.

Otherwise I hope they make console versions.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Literally just got back from Japan and played the shit out of Beatmania and sound Voltex and it was depressing knowing I cant really play them back here. What timing! Please tell me I wont have to jump through hoops to play these (of course i will).

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Wait. I've been thinking about this. How do these controllers connect to the phones? Is Bluetooth up to the job? I'd have thought there would be significant latency issues.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Konami, where's my IIDX for PS4? I can't keep playing on my PS2 forever.
How in the world did they never realize to just make a hub game & make each style a DLC package that costs like $25. DJMAX Respect has been doing this & has been great, offering 21 songs per pack based on a different entry complete with UI to match said game the songs came from.

Hell, it sounds like they have a decent model for the PC beatmania game, but I have no way of playing it. Port that to PS4 & I would gladly use my JPN PSN account to download it.

That many bux for a damn PS2 IIDX controller? Geez Konami wtf
According to the product page, it doesn't work on PS2. Uses USB & I think Bluetooth to connect.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on the edge of my seat here. If this ends up being good, I'll buy anything. iPad Pro, 🇯🇵 iTunes cards, whatever. Just give me more Bemani.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down for more Bemani, but hopefully they don't gut the soundtrack for the US market and fill it with western pop music.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Literally just got back from Japan and played the shit out of Beatmania and sound Voltex and it was depressing knowing I cant really play them back here. What timing! Please tell me I wont have to jump through hoops to play these (of course i will).
Do you live near a round1?

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer that the IIDX controller is basically the USKOC PS2 controller. It's hard to tell but those look like micro switches at least, hopefully not the same non-replaceable type from the ASC. Maybe the guts can be removed and installed into a Dao? I'll probably end up doing that.
I'm on the edge of my seat here. If this ends up being good, I'll buy anything. iPad Pro, 🇯🇵 iTunes cards, whatever. Just give me more Bemani.
hell ya you will sigsig

Last edited:

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Do you live near a round1?
There's one about 45 minutes away from me but they have 1 iidx machine and the turntable is pretty messed up on it. 2 Voltex machines so I cant complain but IIDX is what I really wanna play. If I could play at home with an official game and a controller id be ecstatic.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
so these are metal dance mats for...mobile, what? i really want a proper DDR on current consoles. would even buy a new mat if they don't make me import it.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
How in the world did they never realize to just make a hub game & make each style a DLC package that costs like $25. DJMAX Respect has been doing this & has been great, offering 21 songs per pack based on a different entry complete with UI to match said game the songs came from.

Hell, it sounds like they have a decent model for the PC beatmania game, but I have no way of playing it. Port that to PS4 & I would gladly use my JPN PSN account to download it.

Because Konami doesn't know what they're doing. Have they released any games since MGSV?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Oh shit. If they release an Apple TV version of DDR Ultimate Mobile with pad support, I would be in fucking heaven.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
That SDVX controller looks neat.

Not really sure about the IIDX ones though, the last official ones were thrash (PlayStation 2 version). It had a ton of problems with button sticking since its using rubber pads instead of actual switches, hopefully these upcoming ones are improved.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I might be interested in these if they don't get locked behind an e-amuse subscription. If IIDX Infinitas is anything to go by, though, I'm not exactly holding my breath.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Felt some remorse for having already modded my PS2 Beatmania controller until I saw the price on the new ones. Taking a look at the preorder product page, Google Translate seems to indicate that they're still using rubber contact buttons (like the PS2 controller), in contrast to their discontinued premium models that used microswitches (at more than double the price, $300+). $150 without microswitches is insane.
While I'm not sure if they can be updated to be compatible with the mobile games, DJ Dao's SVSE5 Sound Voltex controller with microswitch buttons is $149 before shipping, Yuancon's is $168, and the Pocket Voltex is $100 IIRC (when in stock). And the Pocket Voltex would be the perfect fit to SDVX mobile running on a tablet.

Deleted member 25888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How does this work?? You use the controllers and prop your phone up to play?

Edit: ewww at rubber buttons if true. I have a custom Dao controller that I'd like to use but I doubt it will be possible.