• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/700282/Dead_by_Daylight__A_Nightmare_on_Elm_Street/

A Nightmare on Elm Street chapter for Dead By Daylight is out now on Steam for $7. The chapter includes Freddy Krueger as a new killer and Quentin Smith as a new survivor. Both are from the 2010 remake. The developers spoke on Stream about how they cannot get a license for Robert Englunds likeness and that they went with Quentin vs Kate as the Kate in the remake wasn't a great fit.

nightmare_killer.jpg

Freddy Krueger
How will you stop someone who won't even let your dreams be? Who will never let you rest and regain some strength so you are able to keep on fighting. Freddy is relentless in his struggle and yearn for retribution. He does not sees the wrongs he did, but rather how he was wronged. He does not hear the cries of pain and suffering children. He just sees his claws closing in on your neck.

Killer Power - Freddy Krueger: Dream Demon
Death won't accept him and thus he remains, a calamity, indisputable master of his victims' nightmares. Dream Demon allows The Nightmare to pull Survivors into the Dream World.
- Survivors who are awake do not see or hear The Nightmare.
- Once targeted by The Nightmare power, Survivors enter the Dream Transition after some time.
- During the Dream Transition they can see The Nightmare intermittently.
- When the Dream Transition lapse, the Survivor is pulled into the Dream World.

Once in the Dream World:
- Survivors' auras are revealed to The Nightmare when they are outside of his terror radius.
- Survivors suffer an action speed penalty
- To exit the Dream World, Survivors can find other non-sleeping Survivors to perform a wake up action
- Some failed actions can wake up the Survivor.
- Getting hooked wake up the Survivor

nightmare_killerperks.jpg

Fire Up

The increased pressure of losing your preys fills you with anger and give you unsuspected motivation. Each time the Survivors complete repairs on a generator, Fire Up grows in power and grants speed bonus to pick ups, drops, pallet breaks, generator breaks and vaults.
Remember Me
You become obsessed with one survivor. Each time you Hit your Obsession, you increase the opening time of the Exit Gates up to a maximum.
The Obsession is not affected by Remember Me. Only one obsession per match.
Blood Warden
Once per match, once the Gates are opened, hooking a Survivor summons The Entity to block the exits for all Survivors for a limited time.
While Blood Warden is active, auras of survivors located within the Exit areas are revealed to you.

nightmare_survivor.jpg

The Sleepwalker
Quentin Smith will never run out of pills to keep him awake, of energy drinks to make him go another mile or another hour. He will never stop, and hopefully he will never sleep. Ever again. Or at least until he's managed to stop Freddy. Fear poses an option: head into the storm and ride it out, or accept the inevitability of death and just go to bed. Quentin choses the first one. But how long can he avoid sleep? And how will he manage in this place? Where even death can't provide any kind of tranquility.

nightmare_survivorperks.jpg

Pharmacy
You have a knack for finding medicine. Searches through chests are faster and the noises they cause along with their hearing distances are reduced. Pharmacy guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit on your first completed chest search.
Vigil
You watch over your friends even in dire situations. You and your allies within range recover from Exhausted, Hemorrhage, Mangled, Hindered and Blindness status effects faster.
Wake Up!
Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ability. Once all generators are powered, Exit Gates are revealed to you when within range. While opening the Exit Gates, reveal your aura to other Survivors within range. While Wake Up! is active, you open the Exit Gates faster.

nightmare_map.jpg

A place for teaching
As you think "preschool" you think about learning. Development and knowledge. You put trust in its meaning and heritage. Badham Preschool however, was something completely different. On the outside it posed as a place where everyone could feel safe. But it held pain and suffering inside. Freddy roamed the premises and distorted everything we took for granted. Nowadays, the preschool is just a shattered memory. Where hallways are abandoned, and where toys provide a disturbing sight of never forgotten torment. It's not what it once was, and it will never return to its old shape. It is forever tainted.

Screens:
ss_acea005fdad9124df018b95a047db1dde060f1df.jpg

ss_f61e543aeb9732b72ec35ac7d14e9668477789f8.jpg

ss_be9ea43bf17887dc9c01d4682fb39a69d5aa1911.jpg

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's a pretty big get. Michael Myers was one thing but Freddy? Damn.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am so excited for this, cannot wait for it to hit console. Freddys mechanics are very interesting. Quentin got some good perks.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that they have no time table for consoles to get it aside from "not before November".

Game is amazing though. Probably my most played game of 2017. I just wish the salt you get as a killer didn't ruin your ability to play other games online on Xbox.

OP
OP
OnionPowder

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Sucks that they have no time table for consoles to get it aside from "not before November".

Game is amazing though. Probably my most played game of 2017. I just wish the salt you get as a killer didn't ruin your ability to play other games online on Xbox.

MS really needs to overhaul the rep system. It's pretty useless and is just used for salty players to fuck over other people.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man he looks so fucking fun in Twitch/Mixer streams. Seems almost impossible to escape from him though, almost as if he gets a free hit on you right when you enter the dream state. But he's interesting because he can't really camp hooks and prevent you from unhooking people, he can only tunnel the hell out of people who rescue or were hooked.

Millions

Oct 27, 2017
just started this game over the weekend and I'm laughably bad. I will train and train and be the best Michael Myers ever!

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just started this game over the weekend and I'm laughably bad. I will train and train and be the best Michael Myers ever!
Michael Myers is so good! stalking them to get to evil within 3 translates well to what he does in the movies.

I switch between him and leatherface, the latter has some absolutely great perks. (they're also the only two killers I leveled up)

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
Does this game offer any kind of solo play against AI?

I own Friday the 13th but always worry about communities lasting forever on these more "niche" games

would like to play a Halloween / NOES game though...

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game offer any kind of solo play against AI?

I own Friday the 13th but always worry about communities lasting forever on these more "niche" games

would like to play a Halloween / NOES game though...
it's multiplayer only. but the developer is working with streamers to keep it as active as possible.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
ehhhhh, remake freddy? oh well, still getting it.
It honestly doesn't matter much in game. The only problem with it being remake is that we didn't get Kate but Quentin instead.

He's invisible through the match so you only see him briefly when you fall asleep and when you play as him, he's in first person.

I was excited about the rumors for months, and was incredibly disappointed when I saw they had used remake's Freddie's design. I love the original Nightmare on Elm Street series (my avatar is from Nightmare on Elm Street 2) and was really excited at the concept of playing as Freddie and Nancy once the Halloween DLC came to console.

I suppose in the end I'm still going to be able to play / against Freddie which will be fun. It's not like they could have Freddie making quips and puns every time he hooked or attacked to really feel like Original!Freddie. However the choice for the survivor to be Quentin rather than Nancy baffles me. Nancy is an iconic scream queen, Quentin is a meh-Johnny Depp.

OP
OP
OnionPowder

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Problem is if we got Nancy, it wouldn't have been Nancy Thompson, it would have been Nancy Holbrook. Which is why they went for Quentin.

Honestly without Nancy Thompson the survivor was always going to suck.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Problem is if we got Nancy, it wouldn't have been Nancy Thompson, it would have been Nancy Holbrook. Which is why they went for Quentin.

Honestly without Nancy Thompson the survivor was always going to suck.
Yeah I completely agree with you. Though with the survivor likenesses not ~quite~ matching the source material I would just trick myself into believing it was Nancy Thompson

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I play on PC, but I tried out the PS4 Pro version at my sisters house and if you're sensitive to framerate issues then maybe stay away.

As long as they're not severe, I can deal. I still don't know if the gameplay will grow on me or not. I played it during free days but I kinda gave up on it without truly diving deep because I didn't like the survivor gameplay. I was originally hoping for something more akin to the friday the 13th game, but that's a buggy mess I heard.

This Freddy DLC has me interested and the variety of killers does too. I'm conflicted.

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
As long as they're not severe, I can deal. I still don't know if the gameplay will grow on me or not. I played it during free days but I kinda gave up on it without truly diving deep because I didn't like the survivor gameplay. I was originally hoping for something more akin to the friday the 13th game, but that's a buggy mess I heard.

This Freddy DLC has me interested and the variety of killers does too. I'm conflicted.

Dead by Daylight and Friday the 13th are two pretty different beasts, despite seemingly so similar as the asymmetrical horror multiplayer game. They're both really fun in their own rights. A lot of Friday's bugs help fit that aesthetic and feel of playing a horror movie sequel several installments into a franchise.

Dead by Daylight has a lot more variety in terms of killers and countering them, but is limited in co-operation and objectives.
Friday the 13th is a lot more about team work (with chat limited by radius and making noise so Jason can find you), dis/trust and more variety in actual objectives.

I'm personally a big fan of both. If you're after something more arcade-y and faster paced try Dead by Daylight, if you're after more of a co-operative slasher film experience, try Friday the 13th.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

F13th is terrible imho.

I main killers on Xbone. It's great fun, just have to watch for salty survivors ruining your Xbox rep. Enough survivors report you for "cheating" or "unsporting", it can actually affect your ability to play other multiplayer games.

I've bought every DLC killer. To be honest I've enjoyed their original killers more, but Freddy looks like a lot of fun.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I made an OT to continue discussion past announcement and information threads and just talk in general here.