• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've got an actual build to be proud of on my spirit.

hr6P7rq.jpg

EDIT: lmao i'm 2 for 2 on catching twitch peeps in my lobbies and jumping in their chat and getting them to use bloody party streamers.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Working my way towards rank 1 on killer. I've never managed to hit it before somehow. I just don't play enough killer I guess.

Rank 3 with 2 pips rn

Edit: Hey look at that, just hit rank 2

Last edited:

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deathgarden died so that we may live. or rather, die and kill more consistently, i guess

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
"In Summer of 2019, Dead by Daylight will transition from a peer-to-peer game to having dedicated servers with the goal of increasing stability."

That sounds so far away, but at least now we know it's coming.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Never thought I'd see DBD ever get dedicated servers. Did they ever talk about them considering the switch from a development stream? Its been a while, but I was always under the impression that the effort to do so would be too prohibitive.

Last edited:

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd see DBD ever get dedicated servers. Did they ever talk about them considering the switch from a development stream? Its been a while, but I was always under the impression that the effort to do so would be too prohibitive.
they've hinted at it for a while and tbh "we're gonna have something everyone has asked for since launch and we've hinted at and in the meantime we launched and tanked a whole new game with em" RE dedicated servers is weak as fuck to me. like thanks for committing to implement the one big QOL change people have been screaming for since beta, eight months from now

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
I hope that with the announcement of dedicated servers doesn't mean they won't deliver with the rumored console optimization patch supposedly hitting this month.
Well the upcoming patch is their engine update to 4.2. And from what McCote said in one of the recent streams, that consoles will benefit from it perfomance wise. That is the "optimization" update they talked about.

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
Is there some sort of code that survivors are using to communicate via movements? I've seen people spinning around in circles when in dying state or crouching, crouching and standing up constantly, just wondered if it meant anything?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Is there some sort of code that survivors are using to communicate via movements? I've seen people spinning around in circles when in dying state or crouching, crouching and standing up constantly, just wondered if it meant anything?

The only actual movements that are supposed to be gamewide are fake struggling on the hook means the killer is right in front of you.

Tea-bagging or crouching nonstop doesn't have any specific meaning. Some people use it to bully the killer after they missed them and some people do it just to have a bit of a goof with other survivors

Last edited:

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after getting healed by a survivor a crouch spam means mostly "thanks" (I do it too). when a game starts and you find a couple of others I too just crouch spam and nod my head as some kind of greeting ritual.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The only actual movements that are supposed to be gamewide are fake struggling on the hook means the killer is right in front of you.

I didn't know about this one, thanks. I've noticed it before but never got it. That's pretty handy to look out for.

after getting healed by a survivor a crouch spam means mostly "thanks" (I do it too). when a game starts and you find a couple of others I too just crouch spam and nod my head as some kind of greeting ritual.

I do this all the time. To say thanks and to say hello.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I should go ahead and buy that DLC now. I have all my teachables already so I need some new ones.

Want that locker perk for my doc. All of the survivor perks will probably go in my rotation for my Feng.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
OHHHHH that's what that means. I thought they were just trying to tell randos not to be jerks and come save them. This is a game changer for me when I don't go in as a 4-stack since I run an altruism build 99% of the time.

Doesn't spinning make it a tiny bit more difficult for the killer to pick you up? Or is it just to annoy them? I rarely play killer, obviously. Rank 1 survivor/rank 14 killer haha

it is quick (although it probably depends on your rank)
I've found that match making on PS4 is significantly faster early in the day (US time) and if you go in solo. When I play alone around 8am on the weekends, I find matches pretty much immediately. My friends and I usually wait anywhere from 5-20+ mins when we play together in the evenings. I know that having a wide range of ranks in your SWF lobby will affect it.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
OHHHHH that's what that means. I thought they were just trying to tell randos not to be jerks and come save them. This is a game changer for me when I don't go in as a 4-stack since I run an altruism build 99% of the time.

Doesn't spinning make it a tiny bit more difficult for the killer to pick you up? Or is it just to annoy them? I rarely play killer, obviously. Rank 1 survivor/rank 14 killer haha

I've found that match making on PS4 is significantly faster early in the day (US time) and if you go in solo. When I play alone around 8am on the weekends, I find matches pretty much immediately. My friends and I usually wait anywhere from 5-20+ mins when we play together in the evenings. I know that having a wide range of ranks in your SWF lobby will affect it.

There's even a section for it on the Wiki page!

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Meathooks#Hook_Gymnastics

Anybody who does it any other way is doing it wrong lol.

I've seen people use it as a come get me, but that's a good way to get a lot of people to ignore you thinking the killer is near.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville

CharpyImpact

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone feel like the game is a bit more washed out after this update? Like there are less extremes in lighting and error on the side of light?