• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
9k shards to spend, I hardly play killer and only survivor because I play with friends. Now the question is what character to get. I'm feeling Kate or Jeff. I like all 3 perks for both, but distortion seems to be the biggest helper for my playstyle.

I rock Urban, iron will, self care, dead hard. But I'm thinking I'd be rocking urban, iron, self, distortion. So is it worth the 9k or should I hold off and just not get anyone and wait till next killer/survivor drops?

I would argue that Kate's perk set is a lot weaker than Jeff's. Boil Over is pretty underwhelming and Windows of Opportunity is only useful for a small bit.

Jeff is probably my number 1, but adam is a close second. Deliverance is such a clutch perk, autodidact works well when you are very altruistic and the pebble is a bit of a meme but it's fun to fuck with killers with it.

Distortion is so good though. Can let you know exactly what aura reading perks on top of blocking it. Based on when it procs you can tell what perk it is. Proc on gen completion is bitter murmur, when healing is nurses, when somebody is hooked then it's bbq.

That information can help you adjust your playstyle based on what you know the killer has.

CharpyImpact

Oct 26, 2017
9k shards to spend, I hardly play killer and only survivor because I play with friends. Now the question is what character to get. I'm feeling Kate or Jeff. I like all 3 perks for both, but distortion seems to be the biggest helper for my playstyle.

I rock Urban, iron will, self care, dead hard. But I'm thinking I'd be rocking urban, iron, self, distortion. So is it worth the 9k or should I hold off and just not get anyone and wait till next killer/survivor drops?

Is the distortion mainly to counter nurses calling? May want to consider just hiding in a closet if it is counter BBQ and chili. Bit i can see how it is early good in the late game.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Distortion is great for information. A generator gets done and it activates? Killer has bitter murmur. Are you healing within terror radius? Nurse's calling. I won't count BBQ because every fucking killer runs it and all you have to do is hide in a locker so you won't waste a token.

It also depends on the killer you're facing too with their add ons.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I went for Jeff, the idea of being able to tell what perks the killer is using and destroying the hook on unhook was to good to pass up, I'll just save up another 9k and get her. Unless the dlc goes on sale again, then I'll just buy it.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Anybody got useful tips on how to properly the nurse ?

I'm currently in the process of maxing out all her perks so I can at least be as geared up as possible whenever I give her another go, but that won't really help me get better. Not really in a hurry to get humiliated by groups of survivors.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm just going to assume now that every killer is running NOED, even the ones who already have a 1 shot ability because like 9/10 of the killers I've played in the last week run it.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who plays mostly solo survivor, I'm going to miss seeing what loadout the killer used if I get killed early, though understand why its taken out for SWF teams. Hopefully they differentiate between SWF teams and solo players once dedicated servers come into play so they can revisit that feature. Maybe even show who queued as SWF on the post game summary screen.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Those are some good suggestions.

They've said they'll be able to individually track users with dedicated servers so hopefully they implement something like that.

You could argue that you could message the people you're not with via the platform messaging system but c'mon.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This is what y'all are missing out on PS4/Xbox users

unknown.png

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
new patch? new glitches! my HUD disappeared, so I had to touch-spam generators. couldn't heal anybody, so they all thought I'm an asshole. lol

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
You can tell they didn't put the effort in to even update the rules.

You can get banned for hate speech, but there's no text or voice chat in game.

But then they specifically say they won't ban for what somebody sends you on PSN or XBL. Why the hell is that there unless they plan on adding in game voice chat.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's quite funny how they announced this console ban system not too long after an exploit was found with this patch that lets you prestige your characters to P3 in like 30 seconds and also get infinite offerings, items and add-ons but hey, at least people can get banned on console now.

There also another glitch with this patch that makes it impossible to leave the basement once you go down there.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Fuck Legion and everybody who runs with this shitty character.

How the devs were okay creating a killer that removes literally the main fucking component of their game's balance is beyond me.

Dead By Daylight with no chase is garbage.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
At least Nurse requires some skill on the users end to completely break the game, Legion requires zero skill to play and just like Nurse, ignores game mechanics. You can play every loop on the game terribly as Legion and it won't matter, also with the emblem system is ridiculously easy to rank up playing Legion even if you get 0 kills.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Nurse is different. Only broken with AddOns or bad ping but besides that she is more of a game changer. Instead on looping the entire chase is about mindgames, prediction and breaking LoS.
Legion on the other hand has more of a predeterment chase. You know when you will go down. The killer knows it as well and there isn't really anything both sides can do about it. It's just annoying.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Hope is a legit underrated perk. Just had it proc against a hag and i was able to run across the entire map without her getting even close to me.

If you think about it, she chases survivors (with her 110% movement speed) and gains 0.4 meters per second while chasing. With a survivor having Hope 3, she only gains 0.12 m/s. With a 115% movement speed killer it's 0.6 m/s reduced to 0.32 m/s

For slower killer it reduces their potential chase gain by almost 75% and for normal speed killers it reduces it by almost half. Fun perk when you get to it to work.

What rank must you have to regularly come across skilled nurses though ? I think I've met a single one after like a hundred hours.

Legions on the other hand are fucking everywhere obviously

I hit rank 1 every season and play on PC so I get the nastiest fucking nurses. You don't really stand a chance against a good nurse.

Obviously the issue with the legion is that you can almost do it brainlessly, but the fact is that they broke the meta with how chases work with the very first DLC.

Nurse is different. Only broken with AddOns or bad ping but besides that she is more of a game changer. Instead on looping the entire chase is about mindgames, prediction and breaking LoS.
Legion on the other hand has more of a predeterment chase. You know when you will go down. The killer knows it as well and there isn't really anything both sides can do about it. It's just annoying.

The legion was designed in the same mindset, that's why they limited his scratch mark reading potential and blurred the screen + added the fatigue. It just wasn't as much of a nerf to tracking as the nurse has with the speed + long ass fatigue. That's why we have the issue with bad killers being able to cheese it with legion but with a nurse, once you get practice you can bypass any of those nerfs. She's still definitely the most broken at top tier players.

Legion will always ride that fine line of being boring and easy to play against or a monster though.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The Moonrise Event is live!

Would someone please explain the event points system for survivors? I played a couple of SWF rounds last night and looks like gen points count for the entire team, no matter how many you personally repair. I couldn't figure out how the lunar vessel points work, though. If you die before others, you don't get lunar vessel points, but if you make it to the end and at least one person survives with a vessel, then you all get 25 points? Do they not stack? I had a round where 2 people escaped with vessels, but we all only made 45 points.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Would someone please explain the event points system for survivors? I played a couple of SWF rounds last night and looks like gen points count for the entire team, no matter how many you personally repair. I couldn't figure out how the lunar vessel points work, though. If you die before others, you don't get lunar vessel points, but if you make it to the end and at least one person survives with a vessel, then you all get 25 points? Do they not stack? I had a round where 2 people escaped with vessels, but we all only made 45 points.
The vessels are individuel per survivor. Only you get +25Pts for escaping with a vessel. So a maximum to 45 pts.
The killer equivalent is even worse. As a killer you need to hook al four survivor 3 times (24 pts) and destroy seven vessels (21pts) to reach the same maximum, which requires all five people to throw an offering in the first place.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The vessels are individuel per survivor. Only you get +25Pts for escaping with a vessel. So a maximum to 45 pts.
The killer equivalent is even worse. As a killer you need to hook al four survivor 3 times (24 pts) and destroy seven vessels (21pts) to reach the same maximum, which requires all five people to throw an offering in the first place.

Thanks! Matchmaking on PS4 during this event is worse than usual. I spent maybe 2 hours trying to do SWF and only managed to get into 1 game. Finally switched to killer and had no issues. Even though you make less event points as killer, it pretty much evens out since you can play more games.

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my friends have been sitting in a lobby for 20 minutes trying to get into a game on PS4. I don't understand why match making is so temperamental.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
New event is pretty neat. I like the way it changes the gameplay dynamic.

However matchmaking is still ass on PS4.

Tried to SWF with my girlfriend, after 10 minutes I give up and switch to killer while she keeps searching alone.

Of course I find a lobby almost instantly, and who do I get to play against ? My girlfriend.

The fuck. Don't they have some kind of security to prevent exploits like these ?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Brother in law came over last night and he wanted to see legion gameplay since he hadn't seen him yet. He thought the concept is cool since he's super into movies like the purge.

I got in and immediately had a guy DC as soon as I stabbed him then 2 people kill themselves on the hook.

People are such babies.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
I've got shards to burn myself, but much prefer killers. I'm kinda torn between Clown and Spirit, but could probably be convinced on Legion too. I have the teachables on about 80% of the killers.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've got shards to burn myself, but much prefer killers. I'm kinda torn between Clown and Spirit, but could probably be convinced on Legion too. I have the teachables on about 80% of the killers.

Spirit for sure!

She's super fun and interesting to play. Her playstyle is a lot different than the rest of the killers. Really emphasizes on the mind game portion of killer gameplay.

The clown is honestly my least favorite killer. His bottles don't really add much except slow standard chases a little bit. His versatility is pretty lacking on all fronts.

I will say though, out of those 3 killers the spirit probably has the weakest perks for general use.

Funnily enough, legions perk Discordance is an amazing Spirit perk.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017