• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
No idea what happened, I was playing DBD killer and I won, so I start a new game and it says connection error, I start again, same issue.

So I try survivor, says game join error, try again same issue. What the hell game? How can I have issues when I test everything and no problems and now I can't play the game at all.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
No idea what happened, I was playing DBD killer and I won, so I start a new game and it says connection error, I start again, same issue.

So I try survivor, says game join error, try again same issue. What the hell game? How can I have issues when I test everything and no problems and now I can't play the game at all.
Have you tried restarting the game? That always fixes it for me.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Performance is definitely better overall on PS4 now, though it felt a bit rough on the new map.

seems like they have gone too far with ranking up at the higher ranks, you have to do too much now. It was stupidly easy before though where literally anyone could be rank 1 so they should find a balance between the 2 extremes.

new DS is completely worthless as the time is still reduced by enduring.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
They reverted the matchmaking:

Haven't been playing a huge amount recently, but the few matches I did play seemed ok (rank 9 survivor), although it did seem to take longer to fill up. How was it for you folks?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
They reverted the matchmaking:

Haven't been playing a huge amount recently, but the few matches I did play seemed ok (rank 9 survivor), although it did seem to take longer to fill up. How was it for you folks?

I played the game with Pringles last night and it was really, really great. We were finding matches within one to two minutes and the lobby was full everytime, we didn't need to wait for someone to join for long.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Xbox the MM update sucked. Even as killer you'd have to wait minutes just to MAKE a lobby and then 2-4 people would join and the worst part was I'd be a red rank killer going against level 15 or worse survivors.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville

Was finding lobbies MUCH faster over the weekend with SWF and solo; within 1-3 mins generally. Noticed last night that it was back to taking a long time to get in a lobby. I think we averaged 5-10 mins as 4 person SWF.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I was getting games last night no problem, the real problem was the game kept telling me I had no internet connection again and gave me an error code this time. Seems to be an issue with their servers from the code, I kept getting dropped out of killer matches and no doubt people probably felt i was rage quitting, but i figure it kicked everyone to the main menu as I never got any mail asking why I left the match.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anecdotal I know but on the old matchmaking when I played on my brothers account I was getting purple/green rank survivors as a rank 19 1 perk no add-ons Wraith on a consistent basis. Granted I could still get kills without tunnelling/camping but if that was happening to legitimately new killers/survivors I doubt it would have been a fun experience for those involved.

Edit because I didn't want to double post: It's taking me forever to find survivor games and I'm only rank 14 due to barely playing over 2 rank resets whilst killer games are instant. Back to Apex I'll go if continues to be like this.
Edit 2: And when I finally get a game I get chased so long that I get iridescent evader and in that time 1 generator gets done. Sigh.

Last edited:

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotal I know but on the old matchmaking when I played on my brothers account I was getting purple/green rank survivors as a rank 19 1 perk no add-ons Wraith on a consistent basis. Granted I could still get kills without tunnelling/camping but if that was happening to legitimately new killers/survivors I doubt it would have been a fun experience for those involved.

Edit because I didn't want to double post: It's taking me forever to find survivor games and I'm only rank 14 due to barely playing over 2 rank resets whilst killer games are instant. Back to Apex I'll go if continues to be like this.
Edit 2: And when I finally get a game I get chased so long that I get iridescent evader and in that time 1 generator gets done. Sigh.
By old system do you mean the one they just reverted back to? If so yeah it's a pretty common occurrence unfortunately, I've been in the same situation as you as both killer and survivor.

Apparently the killer que that got removed was there so that those that ended in your lobby would be more consistently the correct rank.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
By old system do you mean the one they just reverted back to? If so yeah it's a pretty common occurrence unfortunately, I've been in the same situation as you as both killer and survivor.

Apparently the killer que that got removed was there so that those that ended in your lobby would be more consistently the correct rank.

Sorry, I meant the new system they implemented before they reverted it when I said 'old system'. Whilst I was getting games faster ranks were all over the place worse than before.

I ended up pretty much only playing killer yesterday because it took forever to get games at rank 14 and when I finally got a lobby the killer dodged nearly every time. At least the framerate on PS4 doesn't feel as dogshit now as it was before so killer is actually playable.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox must be way different than PC, assuming you guys play on PC. Never had issues finding games quickly and the ranks were consistently close. Then they switched to that new system and games took forever to find and there was no telling what ranks you'd get on either side. They reverted back and I'm back to getting very quick matches and as a red rank killer my lobbies are back to being full of try hard SWF groups :|

By the way, Plague is doodoo against good survivors. Fun, but doodoo.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if his perks will be good.

They leaked with the last DLC. His perks are amazing.

edit, he has two anti-slug perks. One of them converts 50% of your recovery bar into wiggle progress if you're picked up. So if you recover to max while downed and get picked up, you start with 50% of the wiggle bar full. He has another one where the further progressed a recover bar is, the brighter the aura of the downed survivor. If they're healed off the ground, the healer and healed survivor see the killers aura for 6 seconds.

The best one is called Mettle of Man or something. You get hit three times and it activates. The next time you'd get put into dying state, the attack is ignored. This one especially will be a pain in the ass.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The best one is called Mettle of Man or something. You get hit three times and it activates. The next time you'd get put into dying state, the attack is ignored. This one especially will be a pain in the ass.

A guaranteed dead hard that requires you to get hit three times before it activates, it doesn't seem that OP.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A guaranteed dead hard that requires you to get hit three times before it activates, it doesn't seem that OP.

It doesn't cause exhaustion, so you can DH and then also use the perk, or vice versa. Yeah, I think a majority of survivors in the game are slightly above average or worse, but particularly at red ranks, at least on Xbox, there are plenty of survivors who know how to kite around every safe pallet and T wall which make chases take forever. This just gives them one more freebie and will make chases longer.

I see it becoming like Dstrike was before it got nerfed, where a majority of survivors who use it aren't good enough for it to really matter. But those who are good enough, it really makes a difference to the killer. But at least there you had counter play, you could slug, or dribble. Here you're activating the perk simply by hitting the survivor.

I just don't get their design direction sometimes. They clearly understand the killer it at a big disadvantage in terms of time, they keep making these events and killers that require secondary objectives, and even just made a perk that blocks some gens for up to two minutes. They also nerfed Dstrike, and yet we get this.

The only downside of the perk is if you heal, your aura is shown to the killer at a certain distance apart. But the last two killers they've released have survivors not even bothering to heal, so...

It feels like maybe they gave Ash some amazing perks to convince people to buy him and will just nerf them later, kind of like what they did with Freddy.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it makes a lot of sense to lock an OP perk behind paid DLC, at least for the first few months. The DLC will sell both to the people that enjoy the character and to the players that want that particular perk.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
We knew he was coming due to the leaks, but it's nice to have an official announcement now!

Excited to play as him and his perks, which sound amazing! I hope he gets to have a lot of lines in game.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah I think I'm done with the game for the foreseeable future, games take forever to find and then killers just dodge. Lobby simulator 2019 is almost less fun than Legion

Edit: And when I finally get a game the first 2 survivors that get caught instantly kill themselves on 1st hook. Yeah I'm done, I'm wasting my time playing this now.

Last edited:

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah I think I'm done with the game for the foreseeable future, games take forever to find and then killers just dodge. Lobby simulator 2019 is almost less fun than Legion

Edit: And when I finally get a game the first 2 survivors that get caught instantly kill themselves on 1st hook. Yeah I'm done, I'm wasting my time playing this now.

Yup, reverting the MM back was the worst choice they made. It went from 45 seconds to find a match as survivor to ages, and killers are just NOOOPE when more then 1 person loads in at the same time. Loved the new MM because of how fast games could be found, but I guess it was only for a select number of people. Once any streamer complains that it takes 2 minutes to find a game they shut the whole thing off.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys I've had this game purchased for a while but never really sunk time into what, any tips/info for a newbie pc player? I think I'd mostly be playing killers, tho survivors seems fun too.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys I've had this game purchased for a while but never really sunk time into what, any tips/info for a newbie pc player? I think I'd mostly be playing killers, tho survivors seems fun too.
The most important thing I ever learned was that I should focus on learning the tiles.

Maps are randomly generated, but used pre-made "pieces" or "tiles". Once you start recognizing these tiles you'll start knowing what they contain, and thus how to deal with them. This is important for a killer because it lets you know what the survivor will have as options for looping and escapes (for example: "the upcoming tile has 1 window, 1 pallet, and 2 doorways"). By knowing that you can plan your chase strategy right away and maximise your ability to catch up.

Playing as a survivor and doing the same thing is also incredibly important because it helps you pick escape routes and loops that will waste the killers time the most.

For Killer specifically I also have one piece of advice that was an absolute game changer for me.
Don't be afraid of pallets. Don't try to mind game them, or dodge them, just eat the hit and keep going.

It's very tempting to try to mind game a survivor into dropping a pallet early, letting you destroy it without getting the short stun. It's not really a mind game that's worth it when you're still learning because if they call your bluff you just gave up ground, and have to resume the loop, and the total amount of wasted time is immediately larger than just eating the hit.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Nobody knows how to play against the new killer and it hurts. I've had nearly every teammate cleanse themselves when they aren't even injured from sickness yet and giving the killer free easy downs.

Also, I hate everyone who runs Urban immersion + Sprint burst, they do nothing.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Nobody knows how to play against the new killer and it hurts. I've had nearly every teammate cleanse themselves when they aren't even injured from sickness yet and giving the killer free easy downs.

Also, I hate everyone who runs Urban immersion + Sprint burst, they do nothing.
Yep. I hate it myself. They will use those fountains right away, making her gain her throw up power up. I never use the fountain and remain broken all match, because without her vomit power up, she's easy to loop. Most of the survivors have no common sense. They will cleanse themselves and then get sick again saving someone from the hook.

As for urban evasion, I can't stand that fucking perk. I'll be running the killer for minutes and get hooked. What do I see? Nobody doing shit crab walking everywhere. I wish that perk would disappear for a week. I don't have a problem with sprint burst though.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep. I hate it myself. They will use those fountains right away, making her gain her throw up power up. I never use the fountain and remain broken all match, because without her vomit power up, she's easy to loop. Most of the survivors have no common sense. They will cleanse themselves and then get sick again saving someone from the hook.

As for urban evasion, I can't stand that fucking perk. I'll be running the killer for minutes and get hooked. What do I see? Nobody doing shit crab walking everywhere. I wish that perk would disappear for a week. I don't have a problem with sprint burst though.

I literally had someone use a fountain right next to the hook I was on after they unhooked me, they had been sick for like a second. It's like healing against Legion, there is no point.

I don't hate Sprint Burst at all, just that combination infuriates me because everyone who runs it is that crabwalker who does absolutely nothing then sprint bursts away when they get found, then usually either go down 10 seconds later anyway or they camp at and use every pallet on the map.

Edit: I literally just had one of the above let me go to 2nd hook phase because they wanted to save their sprint burst, the killer was on the other side of the map. I hate them I hate them please banish them to the shadow realm.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
How do you play against the new killer? I haven't played after she was released.
Don't use the fountains and the new killer will never be able to upgrade her vomit. You should just use them when it's end game and all gens are finished. And even then, it could be bad when you're going for saves. If she can't upgrade her vomit, she's really easy to go up against. I know the concept of being broken sounds daunting, but trust me it's pointless to heal when you're going to get sick anyways.

Unfortunately though the survivors you get won't know that and will heal right away making her upgrade her vomit.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't use the fountains and the new killer will never be able to upgrade her vomit. You should just use them when it's end game and all gens are finished. And even then, it could be bad when you're going for saves. If she can't upgrade her vomit, she's really easy to go up against. I know the concept of being broken sounds daunting, but trust me it's pointless to heal when you're going to get sick anyways.

Unfortunately though the survivors you get won't know that and will heal right away making her upgrade her vomit.
Yup, I play her all the time, if the survivors are healing themselves from the plague, I'm in a good spot and will basically guarantee multiple kills.

Went up against a team of no mither users that all were already broken with gen enhancement perks, I got DESTROYED because not a single one healed from the fountains, and so I effectively had no killer power.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This coming weekend, you betta.
Ain't nobody got time for that!

I see. Sounds like a bad killer to use against experienced survivors, no...?

What does being broken do?