• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
So how is playing DBD on a day a DLC is released? Longer queues? Stability issues? Do they reset ranks when the DLC is available?

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Survivor queues are usually terrible because everyone wants to play the killer, but other than that no real issues for me(PS4).

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Argh character levels are hidden again on ps4. I hate this bug.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I started playing about a month ago, and my friends and I get stomped by killers most the time. We usually have a full party (I got 4 of my friends to buy it when I did). Last night, I think we survived most our matches, but the night before had almost all matches with Hex: Ruin, and we got fucked. I think maybe we aren't that good at escaping the killer in a chase without many pallets. I can sometimes keep a killer busy for a few minutes, and other times I just can't get away at all.

I just switched to Meg, so I'm using sprint burst, which is such a great perk. I know of some other good perks I want on one character, but my actual skill in chases seems to need improvement.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I started playing about a month ago, and my friends and I get stomped by killers most the time. We usually have a full party (I got 4 of my friends to buy it when I did). Last night, I think we survived most our matches, but the night before had almost all matches with Hex: Ruin, and we got fucked. I think maybe we aren't that good at escaping the killer in a chase without many pallets. I can sometimes keep a killer busy for a few minutes, and other times I just can't get away at all.

I just switched to Meg, so I'm using sprint burst, which is such a great perk. I know of some other good perks I want on one character, but my actual skill in chases seems to need improvement.
The more you play, the more you'll get the hang of everything. Ruin is not an issue once you learn how to hit those skill checks. I can work through ruin no problem, unfortunately a lot of other players can't. You can always equip the perk small game that will help you locate totems or use Detective Tapp's perk Detective's Hunch which will highlight gens, totems, chests, hooks in x amount of meters whenever a generator is complete.

As for chases, learning how to properly loop and use pallets is crucial in lasting in a chase. For example, I won't bother dropping a pallet until I am injured so I can extend the chase more. A lot of people will drop the pallet, but still get hurt which is terrible because you do not get to use the small sprint burst of getting hit by the killer to create distance. You also need to know which pallets are safe to loop around and which are not. Unsafe pallets are when the pallet itself does not create enough distance for you to loop so with those, just drop it and move on to a safer location. Otherwise you'll end up vaulting back and forth between the pallet to get hit or the killer will just reach up to you with bloodlust and then hit you. Learning how scratch marks work would also help you in learning when to run, or just walk away from a chase so you confuse the killer when you get out of their line of sight. Nancy's perk Fixated allows you to see your own scratch marks and you will better understand what the killer sees.

IMO, sprint burst to me is useless because you are forced to walk everywhere for your exhaustion to recover when you use it. Sure you can keep it at 99% and then activate it whenever you want, but if you work on a gen, rescue someone, you are either forced to use it when you don't want to, or walk again. I prefer dead hard and lithe over it. Dead hard is the best one IMO.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Learning how scratch marks work would also help you in learning when to run, or just walk away from a chase so you confuse the killer when you get out of their line of sight.
That is maybe the one thing I'm okay with. I lost a lot of killers last night by dipping out of a chase.
IMO, sprint burst to me is useless because you are forced to walk everywhere for your exhaustion to recover when you use it. Sure you can keep it at 99% and then activate it whenever you want, but if you work on a gen, rescue someone, you are either forced to use it when you don't want to, or walk again. I prefer dead hard and lithe over it. Dead hard is the best one IMO.
This is a good point. I do hate that I'm just walking all over because of it. I do have dead hard and considered lithe. Thanks for the tips!

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Anyone find the new map incredibly dark or is it just me? I find it really dark and hard to make out the difference between different things, especially in the weeds.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone find the new map incredibly dark or is it just me? I find it really dark and hard to make out the difference between different things, especially in the weeds.
I do find the new map to be a touch dark and so does my friend. I think the Yamaoka Estate map is darker than usual too. Could be the theme darkness.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
It's even darker that the Estate map for me. Like I cant even make out the textures in some parts. Other maps are totally fine though.

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Why is matchmaking on PS4 still so bad? Been waiting ~20 mins trying to get a lobby as survivor. I can't with this game anymore...
What rank? Where are ya?

I see these acounts and they never match my experiences. My survivor waits in the green and purple ranks are like 4 mins. NA east coast

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
What rank? Where are ya?

I see these acounts and they never match my experiences. My survivor waits in the green and purple ranks are like 4 mins. NA east coast
I haven't played in a few months so I'm down to brown/yellow ranks. NA Southeast. But I've had matchmaking issues at every rank (I used to always be red, then tried to keep down in green/purple), no matter if going in as SWF or solo. Been playing the game since it was free on PS4. ::sigh::

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I haven't played in a few months so I'm down to brown/yellow ranks. NA Southeast. But I've had matchmaking issues at every rank (I used to always be red, then tried to keep down in green/purple), no matter if going in as SWF or solo. Been playing the game since it was free on PS4. ::sigh::
Yeah I'm Orlando so I'm southeast too. That's so odd. ☹️

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I have the same issue. US West Coast. Red rank.

At this point I've just accepted it won't get any better for me lol. There are certain time periods where I know it'll last longer than usual so I resort to playing killer. For me, I will get a lobby immediately as killer.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So at what rank should I expect somewhat capable teammates and killers who don't just camp the hook? Really trying to like the game but fuck, the fact that the majority of these killers just hook someone and then face camp while the majority of survivors can't get a skill check to save their life is really making it hard. I'm even regularly finding survivors who don't do generators but just hide as if you get a win if you're still alive after 15 minutes or something.
PS4 BTW if it makes a difference

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So at what rank should I expect somewhat capable teammates and killers who don't just camp the hook? Really trying to like the game but fuck, the fact that the majority of these killers just hook someone and then face camp while the majority of survivors can't get a skill check to save their life is really making it hard. I'm even regularly finding survivors who don't do generators but just hide as if you get a win if you're still alive after 15 minutes or something.
PS4 BTW if it makes a difference
For team mates, things get better around rank 8-10, but you still get those games where you feel like the only person doing anything.

Killers camp at all ranks. The difference is bad killers do it because they can't find/chase survivors, but 'good' killers do it because they know they can exploit survivors altruism (read: high rank survivors go for unhooks basically no matter what) and get at least a 2k without even doing anything. Good killers also disguise it better (pretending to leave hook, etc).

Grayson

Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Hmm I just had two games where I didn't get credit on the challenge for earning iridescent badges. Is this a known bug?

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
When I went for that after the patch it worked fine so I don't know what to tell you.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I have the same issue. US West Coast. Red rank.

At this point I've just accepted it won't get any better for me lol. There are certain time periods where I know it'll last longer than usual so I resort to playing killer. For me, I will get a lobby immediately as killer.
I have trouble even getting a lobby as killer! Last time I tried I just gave up. I hate playing killer and almost never do, so I'm brown ranks.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Got the flashlight blind while killer is holding someone else and it counted even though the killer didn't drop the survivor. Phew!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
First time playing it was must be about a week, for some reason got set back to rank 20
InsistentRecklessDeermouse-small.gif

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I finally completed level 4 of the first tome. All of the challenges and tier 70 complete! Sacrificing 4 people in the basement was the biggest struggle for me. Thankfully I just got it, but survivors don't make it easy. Overall, I hope they overhaul some of these challenges to not make me play scummy.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
How'd you do the basement one? That's the only one I'm struggling with.
I two hooked everyone on regular hooks and death hooked them in the basement. I also protected any gens around the basement to be completed. Used agitation, mad grit, iron grasp, and save the best for last. The remaining survivors caught on to what I was doing and would run away from the basement. However, I'd down them and try to get close to the basement as much as I can while I trapped any near by escape routes. Eventually got them all that way.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Got the 4 basement kills with Freddy using my usual Ruin and BBQ but with Agitation and Mad Grit for the challenge. Didn't even use Mad Grit really; if anything, the Dream Snares were more useful. I was able to herd the Survivors towards the basement once I got a hook down there. The last Survivor was a David and he just kind of stood there at the very end for me to kill him. I think he might've known I was going for the challenge. Thank goodness no one DC'd because I'd be super pissed.

At this rate, I won't max the Rift Pass and I probably won't buy the next one. I'd have to play probably everyday to max it and I'm not that dedicated to DbD anymore. I thought I played a lot, I regularly reach Survivor red ranks every month and I still think the Rift Pass is for hardcore DbD players than I. Oh well. At least I got some nifty charms and Claudette's puffy pink vest from it.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
I managed to do it with Myers in Gideons in much the same way. The last guy was just chilling there when I hooked the 3rd person. Regardless, glad I finally got it. I just need to get the 4 stuns now and I've done the whole rift.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Being Survivor rank 20 is actually one of the biggest pain in my ass I've ever experienced in gaming. Any tips to rank up quickly? I'm willing to completely neglect teamplay if necessary.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
This is pretty old news at this point, but it's worth noting. The next killer they're reworking is Doctor, who is also going to have his own custom chase music. It's supposed to be coming out in January, with the PTB supposedly starting next week. We're also going to be getting the next tome by the end of January. Here's hoping it's Dwight/Wraith!