• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Sweaty try hard killers on double blood point weekends. So gross.

don't farm but being ruthless and camping/tunneling? Wow.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I haven't played in ages but just lol at that ruin nerf, completely gutted the perk into what sounds like a pretty useless one. That Doctor change sounds like an overall nerf as well to an already low tier killer.

Every killer is going just going to run corrupt intervention now instead of ruin.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I haven't played in ages but just lol at that ruin nerf, completely gutted the perk into what sounds like a pretty useless one. That Doctor change sounds like an overall nerf as well to an already low tier killer.

Every killer is going just going to run corrupt intervention now instead of ruin.
Running at 4.6 m/s while still being able to actively shock a person at a loop is a fucking huge buff tbh.

The only major issue the doc had was being able to effectively use his power to stop loops.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Leaks by Daylight posted the patch notes. They are REMOVING the ability to see player ranks at the results screen. What in the fuck. I guess their solution to everyone's complaints about matchmaking got to them. Who is going to complain now that you can't see player ranks in the result screen? What a joke. 😂

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Ruin changes are bad, 80+% people in red ranks use it, hey devs what is the reason for that? could it be because gen speeds are pretty fast and even faster if its a SWF group with 3 tool boxes and prove thyself? I wonder......

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Like I don't know anybody who thought ruin was overpowered. I'm going to assume self care is still the most used survivor perk and nobody in their right mind would complain about that.

Thinking about it, corrupt won't even help at all, survivors will just play immersed for 2 minutes before touching gens. Against decent survivors nearly every killer will be completely unviable.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Leaks by Daylight posted the patch notes. They are REMOVING the ability to see player ranks at the results screen. What in the fuck. I guess their solution to everyone's complaints about matchmaking got to them. Who is going to complain now that you can't see player ranks in the result screen? What a joke. 😂

This is apparently not the case. Ranks are still there in the PTB.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
ytix4rvckl941.jpg

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Play for 1st time in months, play killer, find someone, hit them through pallet, they DC.

Yeah no, I'm out again.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
2 games on PS4 so far. Both games had ping <60 and without any noticeable issues.

Getting put to sleep for the first time against Freddy is better than before too, no lag spike when it happened.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
They do feel great for survivor. For the most part. Some questionable things, but overall I find them positive. For killer (I only played one match), but something feels very OFF about the whole experience. lol it's smooth and then it doesn't feel smooth. First impression was mixed. I'll continue giving it more chances today.

As far as queue times go, instant like always for killer (Rank 4) and survivor (solo) did seem faster. It was just so weird that every lobby I loaded into had green ping/less than 100 ping. That was such a rarity for me before when it was P2P.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
They do feel great for survivor. For the most part. Some questionable things, but overall I find them positive. For killer (I only played one match), but something feels very OFF about the whole experience. lol it's smooth and then it doesn't feel smooth. First impression was mixed. I'll continue giving it more chances today.

As far as queue times go, instant like always for killer (Rank 4) and survivor (solo) did seem faster. It was just so weird that every lobby I loaded into had green ping/less than 100 ping. That was such a rarity for me before when it was P2P.

I imagine PS4 users have a lot more killers that were running p2p on shitty wireless with spotty connection, so dedicated servers would probably be a huge boon for people with actual stable connections.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I imagine PS4 users have a lot more killers that were running p2p on shitty wireless with spotty connection, so dedicated servers would probably be a huge boon for people with actual stable connections.
I play killer with a wired connection and other than the frame rate drops it played fine. However with dedicated servers, it feels wonky to me. It will be smooth, but then it will feel very off. I can't describe it lol. It feels like there's delay in my inputs.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I play killer with a wired connection and other than the frame rate drops it played fine. However with dedicated servers, it feels wonky to me. It will be smooth, but then it will feel very off. I can't describe it lol. It feels like there's delay in my inputs.

That makes sense though. You were the host prior so you had 0 latency, everybody else was based off your local instance.

Now you have latency as killer because you're connecting a server. There literally is delay in your inputs. It needs some cleaning up for sure though. It could easily be better. Sometimes it feels like you sliding around or your camera isn't solid still.

At least some of the other bugs have been ironed out, like michael going into tier 3 on local and then dropping back to tier 2 because he didn't hit tier 3 before you let go on the server side.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Survivor side it feels pretty solid, killer side it also feels good. I still get hits that I think deserve hits. I have been playing mostly all survivor this season, and I must say I'm having fun with difffernt build ideas and meme builds. As survivor I can get away with it because its 4 v 1, but I can't really experiment as killer because I will get smoked hard.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Another thing to add, dead hard, man with the dedicated server switch do I suck at it now. I used to be able to wait for the perfect time and get another loop in, now I can't even hit it early enough, I hit it so late now it says exhausted while I'm on the ground.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
That makes sense though. You were the host prior so you had 0 latency, everybody else was based off your local instance.

Now you have latency as killer because you're connecting a server. There literally is delay in your inputs. It needs some cleaning up for sure though. It could easily be better. Sometimes it feels like you sliding around or your camera isn't solid still.

At least some of the other bugs have been ironed out, like michael going into tier 3 on local and then dropping back to tier 2 because he didn't hit tier 3 before you let go on the server side.
Makes sense. I did end up playing more killer matches and the experience ended up being better. So far these dedicated servers have been serving me well!

Leaks by Daylight posted info about Tome 2: January 22nd with a free weekend until the 26th.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
DBD was my 2nd most played game of 2019, according to Playstation's wrap-up. Guess I'll give it a try again now that there are dedicated servers. Hopefully I can FINALLY find matches quickly! :)

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
This game sucks ass right now for survivors, only because of the wait times. Wait 10 minutes(rank 5) get face camped and the match is over in 3 minutes. If the ruin changes go through, then the wait will be longer as more and more killers will just stop playing.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
The update is live today with nerfed Ruin, reworked Doctor, and reworked Lerry's. They are going to release tome 2 tomorrow that focuses on David, Jane, Doctor, and Spirit.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Can't believe they really think Ruin is going to shine as a late game perk. Why not turn get rid of ruin hex, turn it into a perk and call it fire up 2.0 and it slows gens down 15-20-25% the more of them are done.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
yeah Ruin will be such a great endgame perk, just like Devour Hope. That perk always lasts enough time to make it super useful /s

The biggest problem with this game is the maps, like with ruin nerf good luck playing some killer like Clown who has no map pressure on a map like Ormund and not lose a gen before you even find someone.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Red rank survivors are just as useless on PC as they are on PS4, just urban evading in random corners whilst I just die on hook from the proxy camping Spirit instead of doing the 1 gen left to power the gates. That Spirit got a 4k BTW and I was the 1st to die.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Games are going very fast now lol. Gens popping like crazy. Granted, the ruin nerf did not affect me since I hardly played with it (I'm red rank killer) so I know that gens fly too quickly without it. However, as survivor, every killer at red rank used it so I know it delayed the early game by a bit. Now that it's basically useless, gens get done so fast in the matches I'm in.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the new Killer meta will be like without Ruin now. I've been seeing a lot more Discordance & Surveillance and other endgame perks like NOED now.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I noticed a lot more slugging and knockout. I guess they figure better to risk the unbreakable then risk the long chases.

Edit: To add to the gen speed, the matches really feel like a cod match. You get in and out in 6-8 minutes flat. Some matches used to be 10-15 minutes max with my personal longest match being 33 minutes(they 3 gened themselves and I was patrolling them hard instead of chasing) but now its longer to matchmaker then it is to actually be in a match.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I fucking hate keys. It's such bullshit that they can be easily plundered with Plunderer's instinct and deny you out of a win. I 2 hooked everyone, sacrificed 2 of them (3 hooks), they 3 gen'd themselves, one of them loots a key and the remaining 2 escape. Out of my control. Worst part? I didn't even pip! I ended chases quickly, applied enough pressure, hooked a lot, didn't tunnel, camp, and it STILL was not enough to pip. This is ridiculous, man.

This was as clown too, in the Oni map. Geez.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hidden MMR is a waste of time in a game with so many variables. I mean what even counts as a win for either side? What killer did you choose? What add-ons did you bring? What map did you get? How good/bad was the map RNG? What perks did everyone bring?

Like am I a bad survivor if I'm on a gen in a complete deadzone because of bad map RNG and the killer downs me then camps me? Am I a good survivor because I brought a key and just hid all game and let my teammates die then escaped using the hatch? Am I bad at killer because I got 1 kill on a map with a billion pallets due to bad map RNG like Blood Lodge playing Wraith? Am I good at killer because I brought Iri head Huntress with an ebony mori?

Like also does it determine how good you are at survivor based on how long you last in a chase? What is stopping me from camping every pallet on the map like a meghead and lasting long for 1 chase but wasting every resource in the map so every other survivor will last like 10 seconds? What about altruism when you play something like a facecamping Leatherface where getting a save is basically impossible if the killer has a brain?

TL:DR Game has too many variables for an MMR system to truly work, I mean the map alone can determine if a killer can 'win'.

Last edited: