• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Have survivors gotten so bored of trolling the killer that the new thing is to sandbag their teammates? Every match tonight has had at least 1 person blocking the way so the killer catches up or blocks a window.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Instead of disconnecting people will just kill themselves on hook now, at the end of the day it's a tiny QoL improvement for killers.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Instead of disconnecting people will just kill themselves on hook now, at the end of the day it's a tiny QoL improvement for killers.
Yeah, but it's better than we had before. At least now I'll get sacrifice points instead of the quitter bonus. And now people will get punished for it, which is great. For both parties. I've had killers quit too.

Someone on the forums were doing tests.
First two offenses: 5 minute bans.
3rd and 4th - 15 Minutes
5th & 6th - 30 minutes
7th and up - 1 hour bans

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Wow, I realized how nice my friends are after playing killer for a while. People just try to fuck with you the entire time and its annoying as shit.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Dev stream was today. Some news:

- PTB is starting this upcoming Tuesday
- A dev update will be posted this upcoming Thursday as well
- Trapper is able to reset his traps now without having to pick them up!

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Some highlights from the dev update article:
•Toolboxes have considerably fewer charges but are faster. This is to stop gen rushes from being as effective
•Sabotaging will be quicker, but hooks will come back faster (you can also sabotage from any angle)
Seems to me like this will make sabotaging a far more defensive action to save one survivor being carried than being a preemptive action.
•Breakable walls are being introduced. Only killers can break them, and the idea is to give them potentially faster routes and to break loops.

•Plague will now start with one corrupted fountain
•Trapper traps cannot be sabotaged
•Doctor's madness no longer decays over time, shock therapy adds half madness now, static blast adds full madness

Sounds like a huge buff to killers for the most part. My friends and I aren't good, so we'll be dying a lot more now.

new teaser for next chapter!

Can't believe they're adding Chain Chomp!!!

Honestly, though, Xenomorph is my most-wanted killer. A space level would likely have to be indoors, though... and I don't like indoors levels.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I hope one day they get Terminator. But one can hope.

Finally giving killer some love, since all they have been focusing on is survivor fun and not giving two shits about killer fun.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
another female survivor, which is great because they always knock it out of the park with their females. Hope the killer is good. Please be good perks. I have 10k shards to spend, needs me a new killer.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
A mother fucking killer with a GUN

8LcwwU2.png

Clip of the mori from a stream

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
If you prestige, does all of your abilities get reset? If so, is there a point to prestiging, aside from the cosmetics? Do killers have prestige cosmetics?

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
If you prestige, does all of your abilities get reset? If so, is there a point to prestiging, aside from the cosmetics? Do killers have prestige cosmetics?
You lose everything if you prestige. Perks, add ons, and offerings. You'll get bloody cosmetics if you prestige for the default outfit.

Prestige 1 = Bloody Torso
Prestige 2 = Bloody Legs
Prestige 3 = Bloody Head

It also says you will get a slight increase in better stuff on the bloodweb, but people have made posts on the main forum/subreddit proving there's not much difference in the bloodweb.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
You lose everything if you prestige. Perks, add ons, and offerings. You'll get bloody cosmetics if you prestige for the default outfit.

Prestige 1 = Bloody Torso
Prestige 2 = Bloody Legs
Prestige 3 = Bloody Head

It also says you will get a slight increase in better stuff on the bloodweb, but people have made posts on the main forum/subreddit proving there's not much difference in the bloodweb.

Sounds like if I don't care about bloody cosmetics, it's really not worth it.. unless I get bored.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Sounds like if I don't care about bloody cosmetics, it's really not worth it.. unless I get bored.

Yeah, its mostly because you love playing the killer and like the cosmetics. I prestiged Oni only because working my way to level 50 he got zero good perks, all green and only purple I got was Nurse's calling....so it was to get the bloody sword and to get better perks the next go and it really didn't help going back up to 50 again lol

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
I always rush through prestige III before playing or proper leveling a Killer. For me it's mostly for completion, if I'm honest.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have all killer perks up to Oni and I have prestiged like maybe 1 killer and 2 survivors

Fuck that prestige nonsense I'm busy getting my spirit with all perks.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Prestige is dumb unless I don't have any other cosmetics for a specific character. It's all about getting the right perks baybee.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I don't think it's dumb. I love doing it, even if all you get are bloody cosmetics. It's a relief to know I won't have to worry about losing event items in case i decide to prestige a survivor later.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, I got everyone to 50 and if I feel like the game is feeling a little boring, i prestige someone to work on them, so it gives me extra drive to play longer then I would normally play.

I'm a Freddy main, been my main forever, and I have only prestiged him once because all i wanted is his bloody glove. I also wanted to prestige ghost face but all the perks I have for him are perfect for how I use him so why mess with perfection.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
To me, losing all my hard earned perks for a bloody cosmetic is dumb. I'd rather just grind out the right perks and throw on some nice cosmetics. I have a P3 Nea and some other P1 characters till I realized I'd rather have the right and high-level perks than a bloody top.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I got like 4 characters to P3 50 on console and got all perks(at the time) on like 3 of them, all the other characters I just levelled them until I got their teachables pretty much. Now that I've moved over to playing on PC there is no chance I'll bother prestiging anyone, it's bad enough having to devote a perk slot to WGLF 100% of the time just for much needed bloodpoints. Getting supposedly better items from bloodwebs doesn't matter to me because I never bring items as survivor.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
There are some big brain 5 billion IQ players on PC. Tapp brings key, 1 gen left, 1 person dead, I'm on hook, hatch is right in front of me, Feng comes to unhook me then Tapp brings killer to us and uses key in the killers face as I get unhooked. Killer closes it and kills both Feng and I with noed.

Truly a god tier play.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
There are some big brain 5 billion IQ players on PC. Tapp brings key, 1 gen left, 1 person dead, I'm on hook, hatch is right in front of me, Feng comes to unhook me then Tapp brings killer to us and uses key in the killers face as I get unhooked. Killer closes it and kills both Feng and I with noed.

Truly a god tier play.

That is some A+ solo queue experience right there

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That is some A+ solo queue experience right there

Solo queue is a special type of hell. I basically have to give up 2 perk slots instantly on Kindred(best solo queue survivor perk right here though it will make you feel depressed) and something to help with totem finding as I haven't memorised all the spawns and since they gutted Ruin there is a lot more NOED.

I somehow climbed to red ranks on PC really fast and even up here the stuff you see is just big brain shit, like self caring in random corner of map against sloppy butcher still happens. The level of play from killers on PC is definitely higher than console from what I've seen(less camping than console too) but survivor? I'd rather not go there and I'm not even good. It's still far too easy to climb ranks, I shouldn't be playing killers with 3000+ hours in the game with my 40 or so hours of PC time, which is why I got LF on PC today just for BBQ to play killer.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I decided to play DBD again because a girl I'm tryna hook up with plays DBD, so I guess that means I'm out of retirement for now. I went from rank 1 to rank 18 on killer from my break and man I just feel bad playing right now because these survivors are just babies.

Here's a clip of a poor feng min getting hit by the best timed hit of my life

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can you imagine being that rank 1 survivor who complains about NOED on a rank 12 no add-ons Wraith whilst running 3 2nd chance perks? Like the irony is hilarious.

Yeah I'm running it but on PC I have literally nothing, like the only killers I have levelled are Clown for pop, LF for BBQ and Wraith because that's who I play. I guess it's fine to use a map offering for absolutely shit killer maps like basically all coldwind maps, Haddonfun and Ormond, run the broken tiles like the Ironworks window because it takes so many braincells to do that, bring 4 toolboxes in a meta where Ruin doesn't exist but killer runs NOED? You're literally the spawn of Satan.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to get back to DbD. I've been on vacation for the past week and haven't played page 3 of the tome yet. I've even had a couple dreams about DbD hahaha.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Every single Huntress I have played against recently runs iri head with a mori and is boosted as fuck, not as boosted as some of my teammates though. Like this Bill didn't even know why they got 1 shotted by iri head and they were rank 3, like how is that even possible? I'm guessing it's because they were running urban immersion + sprint burst on Bill, must have rotted all their braincells.

It's a shame that there is a severe lack of killers since the ruin change, survivor matchmaking takes forever and then you often get a green rank/barely purple rank killer who usually gets stomped until endgame where they get a kill or 2 with noed if nobody was on totem duty. On the other side when I play killer I get games instantly as a green rank Wraith but it's always against red ranks and a complete lottery if they are boosted or actually good so 1 game I'll get a 3-4k then next I'll get a 0-1k.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Refresh my memory, are the devs going to revise the MM and rank system or just hide it?
They're going to introduce an MMR system and it'll match you with similar people who have the same MMR as you. How they're going to determine these factors is yet to be seen as there are many variables in this game that are out of your control. MMR will be in and the current ranking system will go away.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
They're going to introduce an MMR system and it'll match you with similar people who have the same MMR as you. How they're going to determine these factors is yet to be seen as there are many variables in this game that are out of your control. MMR will be in and the current ranking system will go away.
Thanks!

I'm super stoked about the new Chapter too. I have ~50k shards and they're going into the new characters ASAP.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Really hoping they're working on a performance patch, can't play as a killer on PS4 without framerate dropping to 0FPS every minute or so.
Something else important is that they're saying that they're going to treat each killers ranking separately.

So if you're an amazing trapper but shit at Demo it should reflect that.
Oh that's really good to hear, glad they're doing that.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The open 2 hatches with a key tome challenge is the worst thing ever, just makes teammates extremely selfish and either open the hatch in killers face whilst fucking over teammates or play super immersed doing nothing until everyone is dead already. Sad thing is that I'm going to have to do this soon because I've done literally everything else I can except the ones this challenge blocks and the doc/spirit related ones as I don't own them on PC.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Yup, I finished that challenge. It was hell because I don't have key on anyone. Had to bring plunders 3 and lucky chalk. key 1 I got 3 of us out after we 3 gened ourselves, poor killer, did all the right things and I used a get out of jail free card, 2nd time all 5 gens done and I found the hatch before they opened the exit gates.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Could have had that challenge done but both times I found the hatch I was in a chase and I just couldn't fuck over the 2 teammates left both times. Ended up frustrated after playing another iri head Huntress so switched to killer and somehow matched a group of console players that weren't red ranks for a change(in fact they were all like 13-16 so I destroyed them) whilst on PC.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So a good thing about switching to PC is when I get a killer with TTV in their name. Had one earlier that I think I played pretty well against and afterwards went to see if they were live so I could watch it from their perspective. Funny thing was them assuming that we were definitely an SWF because I got a flashlight save and that they don't happen outside of SWF. I was solo and plundered the flashlight from a chest because I ran plunderers in an attempt to get keys for that dumb tomb challenge.

I might actually get close to finishing the battle pass thingy, need 1 level a day to do so with level 4 of the rift still to come and Doctor and Spirit related challenges(also the ones that require their perks) to do in the lower levels. Doubt I'll get the Spirit ones done and need another 15 player levels to get the shards to buy Doc, Yeah I'm poor and don't want to pay for DLC again after buying most of them on PS4 already.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm a good chuck into my farming of shards, 1 night I got 238k because I finished the tome for jane and david and that was a cool 50k each.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So yesterday was the first day I ever intentionally sandbagged someone. Spirit with Ebony Mori, 1 person DC'd and another killed themself on hook. Not wanting to give up, I sat on gens until killer found me, chased me for an eternity then lost me. In that whole time nothing got done but whatever, back to gens. After doing 3 gens solo killer found me and lost me again and I found hatch next to where person killed themself on hook and healed up with the medkit they left behind. Doing last gen next to hatch killer comes again, I run off then see this Claudette urban evading round the edge of the map. They went behind a tree and after being chased for ages and doing all the gens I was pissed so kinda led the killer to that tree. The Claud went down in 10 seconds and immediately DC'd and I got hatch.

The person who killed themself on hook was still around for endgame chat after what was like a 20 minute game and said the Claud did absolutely nothing the whole time other than urban round the map waiting for me to die. I'm probably going to some sort of hell for it but teammates like that who do absolutely nothing deserve to be sandbagged.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm ready for the new killer. 1 million bloodpoints ready and 3 dailies ready to be turned in. And I reached rank 1 killer and survivor tonight, I might play this game too much.