• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm starting to have a big problem with Freddy. As a new player, every time I get hooked, it's practically impossible to escape him no matter what. It's like every Freddy player face camps and makes it impossible to recover once you've been saved. I know he's considered the worst killer, but I'm finding him to be one of the hardest to play against. Tips?

Whenever I see him I want to quit the trial.

EDIT: I know how to wake up via generator, but I don't have a means to wake myself up.

face camping is a general problem and you only have a chance of escaping, if the other survivors have either borrowed time or at least body block the killer from chasing after you immediately.

as for Freddy, usually he's right behind you, waiting for you to get to the dreamworld. best is, to drop a pallet on him to get some distance. you can also run towards the other survivors, so he might try to get them asleep.

May 22, 2018
face camping is a general problem and you only have a chance of escaping, if the other survivors have either borrowed time or at least body block the killer from chasing after you immediately.

as for Freddy, usually he's right behind you, waiting for you to get to the dreamworld. best is, to drop a pallet on him to get some distance. you can also run towards the other survivors, so he might try to get them asleep.
I guess you're right in that face camping is the real issue, and killers like Freddy and Leatherface simply get used more often than others for it. Seems pointless as every game I've been in that involves face camping barely generates points for everyone, including the killer.

Eh whatever, the game is still awesome. I wish I hadn't sat on it for a year before really giving it a chance.

EDIT: Also, is it just me or has there been some bad lag the past few days? All kinds of warping and whatnot.

Last edited:

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm starting to have a big problem with Freddy. As a new player, every time I get hooked, it's practically impossible to escape him no matter what. It's like every Freddy player face camps and makes it impossible to recover once you've been saved. I know he's considered the worst killer, but I'm finding him to be one of the hardest to play against. Tips?

Whenever I see him I want to quit the trial.

EDIT: I know how to wake up via generator, but I don't have a means to wake myself up.

The problem with Freddy as a killer is that by design, he's best played as someone who tunnels and camps. It's very hard to see survivors, his 7 second sleep transition makes it possible for any decent survivor to start looping him on most maps. Plus his best perk, Remember Me, invites you to find and tunnel your obsession. I've played the game for over 1,000 hours and I still DC 99% of the time I hear the Freddy humming or see someone else asleep. It's just not a fun experience to use him or play against him.

A determined Freddy camping you on the hook is very hard to overcome. You have to hope your team does the gen rush while you are hooked and maybe when they unhook you, you can escape a gate before he puts you to sleep and hits you. Try running Adrenaline if you've got it, once the last gen is popped you get a free sprint burst, you heal, and if you're asleep it wakes you up. So if you're on the hook or being carried when the last gen pops, once you're unhooked you're at full health and sprinting.

Outside of that, just loop him as long as you can and remember that he locks on to survivors not asleep. So if you're near one, get close, when he attacks he will likely swing at them instead of you. This works amazing at the exit gate.

Keep playing, the other killers are a blast to use and play against.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite escape was against a Freddy. I was fully asleep and being chased, so I decided to risk waking myself up by exploding a gen. He was literally in mid swipe when the gen prompt popped up and exploded, making him miss and allowing me to escape. It was just perfect timing.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
killer pickup time buffed, everyone can see the obsession and know when they're being chased now (!), Wraith cloaking buffed, Hag, Shape, and Trapper buffed, Brand New Part nerfed. some other neat stuff there too, like how Calm Spirit isn't totally useless anymore

FEATURES & CONTENT
  • Feature - Added progress bar to emblem tooltips
  • Feature - Integrated additional Status Effect score notification for the Vigil and Decisive Strike perks
  • Feature - Integrated the Proficiency System to interaction progress bars from other players. For example, when a player is being healed by a different player, while a healing debuff perk is active (ie: Coulrophobia), they will see the debuff applied in their HUD.
BALANCE
  • Adjusted the Killer pick up (Pick up Survivor from ground) time to 3 seconds, down from 4.3 seconds
  • Changed the Obsession mechanic to show all players in the match who the Obsession is. All players will receive notification when the Obsession is in a chase (animated Entity spikes icon).
  • Exhaustion no longer recovers while running.
  • Wraith uncloaking: Adjusted the timing of the smoke effect (and its audio) for the Wraith's uncloaking to avoid giving away his position earlier than intended
SEASON RESET & RANK PIP CHANGES
  • Players at Rank 15 will not be able to de-rank to Rank 16 (or lower) outside of rank reset.
  • From Rank 16 - 20, players will not lose pips or de-rank.
The number of pips that players receives back when the rank reset occurs has been adjusted to create distinct Rank 'pools'.

• Rank 1 will be reset to Rank 10 with 2 pips
  • Rank 2 will be reset to Rank 10 with 0 pips
  • Rank 3 will be reset to Rank 11 with 2 pips
  • Rank 4 will be reset to Rank 11 with 0 pips
  • Rank 5 will be reset to Rank 12 with 3 pips
  • Rank 6 will be reset to Rank 12 with 0 pips
  • Rank 7 will be reset to Rank 13 with 3 pips
  • Rank 8 will be reset to Rank 13 with 0 pips
  • Rank 9 will be reset to Rank 14 with 2 pips
  • Rank 10 will be reset to Rank 14 with 0 pips
  • Rank 11 will be reset to Rank 15 with 2 pips
  • Rank 12 will be reset to Rank 15 with 0 pips
  • Rank 13 will be reset to Rank 16 with 1 pips
  • Rank 14 will be reset to Rank 16 with 0 pips
  • Rank 15 will be reset to Rank 17 with 1 pip
  • Rank 16 will be reset to Rank 18 with 3 pips
  • Rank 17 will be reset to Rank 18 with 0 pips
  • Rank 18 will be reset to Rank 19 with 1 pips
  • Rank 19 will be reset to Rank 20 with 2 pips
  • Rank 20 will be reset to Rank 20 with 0 pips
KILLER PERK CHANGES
  • Bitter Murmur: When a generator is completed, survivors within 16m of that generator will have their aura shown for 5 seconds, when the last generator is powered all survivor auras are shown for 5/7/10 seconds.
  • Brutal Strength: Brutal Strength will now increase the speed at which you damage generators in addition to pallets. 10%/15%/20% faster.
  • Hangman's Trick: Hangman's Trick will now reduce the bear trap re-spawn timer by 60 seconds.
  • Predator: Changed the way scratch marks are distributed - a smaller cone rather than a longer duration.
  • Save The Best For Last: Made the perk token based. Tokens are gained by attacking Survivors who are not the Obsession. Each token is worth a stackable 5% decreased cooldown on successful attacks. Attacking the Obsession makes you lose 4/3/2 tokens.
  • Sloppy Butcher: Added the Mangled Status Effect. 25% increased healing time after being hit in addition to the bleed. Mangled status effects do not stack.
  • Tinkerer: When a generator is repaired to 85%, Killer receives a loud noise indicator and Terror Radius is reduced to 0 meters for 8/10/12 seconds. NOTE: Add-ons are no longer affected by this perk.
SURVIVOR PERK CHANGES
  • Ace In The Hole: 100% chance to find an add-on of very rare rarity or lower, added a 10/25/50% chance to find a second add-on with an uncommon rarity or lower.
  • Calm Spirit: Additional modifier that causes survivors to not scream in pain when: being hit, under the effects of madness or being affected by the clown's bottle.
  • Dark Sense: Reveal the killer's aura for 5 seconds each time a generator is completed. When the final generator is completed, the killer's aura is revealed for 5/7/10 seconds.
  • Deja Vu: Perk now reveals the aura's of 3 generators, which are in close proximity to one another for 30/45/60 seconds, at the start of the match and each time a generator is completed for the person who is using Deja Vu.
  • Sole Survivor: Functionality change, for each survivor killed or sacrificed, your aura will not be readable within 16/18/20 meters from the killer.
THE TRAPPER CHANGES
  • Added a new add-on "Padded Jaws" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Bear traps do not inflict damage to trapped Survivors, and points awarded for trapping Survivors are increased by 100%.
  • Added a new add-on "Trapper Sack" for the Trapper (Common rarity). Start with and allows the transportation of 1 extra bear trap.
  • Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.5 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
  • Disarm time is set to 2.5 seconds instead of 1.5 seconds.
  • Increased loud noise indicator range for trap disarm from 48m to 10000000m
  • Logwood Dye and Tar bottle add-ons now stack
  • Sabotaged bear traps will respawn after 180 seconds, similar to the hook regeneration. The regeneration time can be modified with the Oily Coil add-on and with the perk Hangman's Trick.
  • The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1.5 seconds, this can be modified using add-ons.
Add-on changes

• Bloody Coil: Changed rarity from Very Rare to Ultra Rare.
  • Bloody Coil: Complete rework: When a Survivor disarms or sabotages a bear trap the Survivor is injured. Survivors are not put into the dying state when sabotaging or disarming a Bloody Coil, they can only be injured from healthy.
  • Diamond Stone: Renamed to Iridescent Stone. New mechanic where every 30 seconds one of the unset bear traps (chosen at random) will become set.
  • Honing Stone: Inflicts dying upon the trapped victim if they free themselves.
  • Trapper Bag: Allows the transportation of 2 extra bear traps (up from 1).
THE HAG CHANGES
  • Changed trap setting time to have a 0.5 open phase, and 0.7 exit phase, previously it had been 1 second each. These times cannot be modified with add-ons.
  • Increased the trap teleport range to 40 meters from 32 meters
  • The mid phase animation has been reduced to 1 second, this can be modified using add-ons.
  • Revisited all of the Hag's add-ons. We removed all the negative effects on the add-ons, giving the Hag the bit of a buff that she needs.
Add-on changes

• Bloodied Mud: Removed the slight decrease of tripped trap duration time
  • Cracked Turtle Egg: Removed the moderately decreased range at which the Hag can teleport to her traps
  • Cypress Necklet: Removed stacks and removed Tinkerer mention
  • Disfigured Ear: Removed the considerable decrease of tripped trap duration time
  • Dragonfly Wings: Removed the slight increase of setting time for traps and removed Tinkerer mention
  • Dried Cicada: Removed the moderately increased setting time of the traps and Tinkerer mention
  • Half Eggshell: Removed the slightly decreased range at which the Hag can teleport to her traps
  • Pussy Willow Catkins: Removed the slightly reduced trap effective range
  • Rope Necklet: Removed stacks and removed Tinkerer mention
  • Scarred Hand: Removed the reduced movement speed
  • Swamp Orchid Necklet: Removed stacks and removed Tinkerer mention
  • Waterlogged Shoe: Slightly increased the Hag's movement speed
  • Willow Wreath: Removed the moderately reduced trap effective range
THE HUNTRESS CHANGES
  • Flower Babushka to have -12% instead of -20% charge time
  • Manna Grass Braid to have -8% instead of -10% charge time
THE SHAPE CHANGES
  • Changed Myers carry speed in Tier I. Now he will carry Survivors at the same speed as Tier II and III (3.68 m/s)
  • Myers tier 1 speed buff from 90% (of 4.6 m/s) which means he currently moves at 4.14 m/s to 91.4% for 4.2 m/s
BRAND NEW PART (TOOLBOX ADD-ON) CHANGES
  • Brand New Part can no longer repair a generator 100%
  • Installing the Brand New Part will complete 15% of a generator over 5 seconds.
  • During the install there will be 2 difficult skill checks
  • Successful skill check will result in 5% progression each (for a maximum of 25% added progression)
  • The toolbox is no longer consumed when the add-on is used, add-on is consumed instead
BUG FIXES
AUDIO & LOCALIZATION
  • Fixed an issue that caused male Survivors not to make any noise when cleansing totems
  • Fixed an issue that caused the trap disarm audio to be cut off or corrupted if the Trapper was not facing the trap
  • Fixed multiple community reported spelling and grammatical errors in Store customization items and Clown's add-on texts in English
  • Minor localization and translation improvements
KILLER RELATED
  • Fixed an issue that caused jittery animation when the Nurse attacked while carrying a Survivor
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Clowns gas bomb VFX to remain visible on the tally screen
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Hag's killer stain to appear too bright
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Hag's phantasm trap to appear misaligned when holding a directional key during the trap placement
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to be able to cancel a charged blink by attacking
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Nurse to be unable to use her blink power around the Asylum building in the Crotus Prenn Asylum map
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor not to immediately go into crawl state when The Trapper hit them during the step in bear trap animation
  • Fixed an issue that caused the bear traps & trap indicator to become offset during the Trappers trap placement animation
  • Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the Cannibal to be unable to destroy a pallet when using the chainsaw
  • Fixed an issue where the locked (unequippable) Cannibal's Face Mask Collection customization items were not appearing in the players inventory
MAP SPECIFIC
  • Fixed an LOD issue on one of the houses in Haddonfield
  • Fixed an impassable gap for Killers between a rock and a fence tile in the Autohaven Wrecker's themed maps
  • Fixed an impassable gap for Killers between a rock and a tree in the Mother's Dwelling map
  • Fixed an issue could cause less than 5 totems to spawn in the Pale Rose map
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to climb on top of a chest next to a broken boat in the Backwater Swamp themed maps
  • Fixed an issue that caused bear traps to sink into the stairs of the main building in the Blood Lodge map
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to become permanently stuck when interrupting a vault through a specific window in the Smokehouse building in the Mother's Dwelling map
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to become permanently stuck when interrupting a vault through a specific window in the chapel building in the Father Campbell's Chapel map
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a MacMillan killer hook to spawn in the Badham Preschool map if the basement was not located inside the preschool
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a player to become stuck in a closed room inside The Game map when rescued from the Killers grasp in a specific area
  • Fixed an issue that could cause multiple totems to spawn in the main building of the Groaning Storehouse map
  • Fixed an issue that could cause specific assets to disappear from a distance in the Crotus Prenn Asylum maps
  • Fixed an issue that could cause specific assets to disappear from a distance in the MacMillan Estate themed maps
  • Fixed an issue where the Pig and the Nightmare didn't fall after vaulting through the window on the car crusher asset in Autohaven Wrecker's themed maps
PERKS
  • Fixed an issue that caused Survivor aura not to be visible within the exit gates when using the Blood Warden perk
  • Fixed an issue that caused generator progression when succeeding an Overcharge skill check
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Stake Out perk to accumulate tokens during the interrupt animation
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Windows of Opportunity perk to show the aura of a boarded-up window vault in Léry's Memorial Institute
  • Fixed an issue where the extra hook escape attempts sometimes weren't given when using the Slippery Meat perk
UI & HUD
  • Added a tooltip on the "Filter" icon in the Store
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from viewing how much Player XP was calculated during the match when switching pages in the tally screen
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Fixed an issue that allowed clients to spectate a broken screen if the host of the match disconnected
  • Fixed an issue that caused Survivor hair and glasses to remain visible after disconnecting in the Dream State
  • Fixed an issue that caused Survivors to briefly fly outside of the locker when the Killer grabs them out
  • Fixed an issue that caused a broken screen when spectating if the host of the match disconnected
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Bloodweb to skip levels if the last node was a perk
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Killer model in a Kill Your Friends lobby to be invisible when switching roles rapidly
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Killers stain to be active in the tally screen
  • Fixed an issue that caused the wrong Prestige item unlock order for the Hag and the Nurse
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Survivor's face to appear solid white when rapidly swapping outfits in the Store
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the exit gate not to open if the Killer hit the Survivor at the very last frame of the interaction
  • Fixed an issue that made it possible to receive a reward at a lower rarity than ultra rare when purchasing an ultra rare mystery box in the Bloodweb
  • Tentatively fixed an issue that could cause clients to be unable to move once they have loaded into a match. This is a fix in addition to the one pushed live with 2.0.1a.
  • Tentatively fixed an issue that could cause players not to receive the first match of the day bonus XP
  • Various cosmetic adjustments and improvements
BUG FIXES - PC
  • Added a message indicating that the Steam Overlay needs to be enabled in order to purchase Auric Cell Packs
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when the user quit the game by spamming the "B" and "A" buttons on a Xbox360/Xbox One controller
  • Fixed multiple issues that could cause the menus to become unresponsive when opening and closing any of the lobby buttons
  • Integrated Simplified Chinese and Korean community translations
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en...es-2-1-0-mid-chapter-curtain-call-pc/p1?new=1

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really don't like that they went ahead with the blanket nerf to all exhaustion perks, which in turn also makes vigil basically useless. The only one that is broken is sprint burst, I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about lithe or balanced landing and dead hard is so easy to play around. They said they didn't want people to get their exhaustion perk twice in one chase but if someone runs you round for 80 seconds so they get their exhaustion perk back you're not playing killer optimally.

I'm fine with pretty much everything else, hopefully the next patch has a complete Freddy rework because he is terribly boring to play and play against, his kit literally encourages tunneling one person to death.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Okay the new killer pickup speed is pretty stupid as well, flashlight saves were pretty hard beforehand because any decent killer could easily bait people if they saw a flashlight in the lobby, now it's completely braindead to avoid a flashlight save.

TIL that using Leatherfaces chainsaw is toxic and not playing fair as well even against a 4 man SWF. That hatemail was fun, the only good thing about Leatherface are his teachable perks.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
played a bit last night, and the exhaustion change isn't as rough as i expected. for the most part it didn't change much - shitty killers were still relatively easy to evade, but i ate a hit here and there that seemed a bit undeserved. i haven't been playing as much lately though so it'll be a while til i have a solid impression one way or the other

TIL that using Leatherfaces chainsaw is toxic and not playing fair as well even against a 4 man SWF. That hatemail was fun, the only good thing about Leatherface are his teachable perks.
lmao that is pathetic. 'is it us who are the bad ones? no, it is the guy the game is stacked against who is wrong'

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just started playing and snagged Michael Myers and won my first game right off the bat. Apparently I'm not supposed to hook someone and wait by the hook to snag whoever comes to pull them down?

I got ten messages from the same player saying "why camp pussy?" Is that tactic generally frowned upon? I totally steamrolled the survivors so I don't really feel all that bad but... still.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing and snagged Michael Myers and won my first game right off the bat. Apparently I'm not supposed to hook someone and wait by the hook to snag whoever comes to pull them down?

I got ten messages from the same player saying "why camp pussy?" Is that tactic generally frowned upon? I totally steamrolled the survivors so I don't really feel all that bad but... still.

yeah, nobody likes a camper.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
yeah, nobody likes a camper.
I mean, I understand that but at the same time, am I expected to hook someone, walk away, let them get freed, then go on the hunt for them again? My goal isn't exactly to make the game stretch out while the survivors get closer to escaping, I'm just trying to kill them all as quick as possible.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I understand that but at the same time, am I expected to hook someone, walk away, let them get freed, then go on the hunt for them again? My goal isn't exactly to make the game stretch out while the survivors get closer to escaping, I'm just trying to kill them all as quick as possible.

the idea would be to hook someone up and then go hunt the others, while the survivors have to decide if they gonna work on completing gens or get the other one unhooked. there's a dynamic that makes the game fun for both parties.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've been playing a lot of killer lately.

The bloodpoints you get are too good to not play.

Just got my michael to level 40 and my huntress to level 40.

Thinking of getting my trapper up to 40 so I can try to get Unnerving presence on my doc for a Distressing + UP + Overcharge build.

Okay the new killer pickup speed is pretty stupid as well, flashlight saves were pretty hard beforehand because any decent killer could easily bait people if they saw a flashlight in the lobby, now it's completely braindead to avoid a flashlight save.

The timing for the flashlight saves are exactly the same, it's just you have less time to get in position.

It was pretty stupid how long it took to pick up survivors before. Just watching videos from a week ago makes it seem like it takes goddamn ages.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I was thinking of getting F13 but the no more DLC thing kinda ruined that. I have DBD on PC but rarely play on my computer anymore, is this fun/active on PS4? I really miss the gameplay. Also if anyone wants to play together on PS4 I'd love to have people.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I was thinking of getting F13 but the no more DLC thing kinda ruined that. I have DBD on PC but rarely play on my computer anymore, is this fun/active on PS4? I really miss the gameplay. Also if anyone wants to play together on PS4 I'd love to have people.

From what I can gather it's pretty healthy community on PS4 as well as Xbox One.

PS4 framerate from my experience was rough, but I'm a sensitive baby when it comes to framerates.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

DBD on the ps4 is busy, especially after an update. the community can be a bit of an annoyance. there's way too many ragequitters and, what I think are "downrankquitters"? they quit as soon as the game starts, to make the survivors downrank and lose any special offerings they used. it happened to me 6 times in a row, I thought there's some server issue, but could play killer without any problems. so, I don't know what that was about.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I really liking this game. Hope they'll introduce new gameplay elements later on with the new chapters. I love playing againts Myers. Hes so creepy.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
A story in 3 parts (a killer game i just finished up)

NtcuQTE.png

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you switch your character to one with a flashlight 2 seconds before the game starts, you're asking to be tunneled.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
A player called "I am toxic" and they aren't using DS? Clearly not toxic enough.

Last second switching to anything is pretty damn toxic but I'm not surprised that people do it given the amount of killers I've seen dodge the moment a person loads into a lobby with a flashlight. I'd personally say that multiple toolboxes(well, at least before they nerfed BNP into the ground) and/or multiple instaheal medkits are more annoying than flashlights.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I keep playing more and more killer. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'm going through trying to get them all to 40 so I can get everybody's teachables. Here's my current lineup

dcFxAtl.png

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta ask, played a game as trapper and 30 seconds in, 3 immediately disconnected. they didn't step in any traps, I haven't found anyone. got to the 4th remaining survivor and they disconnected too.

so, what was that all about?

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I gotta ask, played a game as trapper and 30 seconds in, 3 immediately disconnected. they didn't step in any traps, I haven't found anyone. got to the 4th remaining survivor and they disconnected too.

so, what was that all about?
I've seen some crazy connection stuff happen to both myself and people I've played with.

One game people got systematically disconnected one at a time 2 or 3 minutes apart until it was just me left. Was in Discord with a few of them and their connections never cut out. Just suddenly ejected from the game.
Another game I got kicked from the game lobby right as it started to load into the game.. When the match loaded my friend reported there were 4 survivors in the game, somehow, and none of them were me.

And this is without getting into garden variety crashes to desktop, internet drop outs, people intentionally de-pipping and stuff like that. What I'm saying is, I wouldn't read too much into it.
Though that 4th guy almost certainly left the game after seeing he got deserted so quickly.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Though that 4th guy almost certainly left the game after seeing he got deserted so quickly.

yeah, we just stared at each other for a second, she turned facing the window and then just went "nah, fuck it" *disconnected*

used a party streamer, thought we'd all have a good game and lots of bloodpoints, but NOPE, measly 3000 and a downgrade.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
welcome! if you have any questions or need tips we're all glad to help you out! :D

*starts a game as Michael on a new account*

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Excited to give the game a try next week. How's the progression system? Do you unlock new skills/abilities/perks by levelling up or is it just cosmetic stuff?

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to give the game a try next week. How's the progression system? Do you unlock new skills/abilities/perks by levelling up or is it just cosmetic stuff?

you earn bloodpoints through doing stuff in the game. with it you can buy perks and add-ons/items to help you do things quicker. you also gain shards which you can use to buy perks or cosmetic items.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See you in just under a week! Are there any tips for playing both sides? I would think tips as survivors is most important, as the deck is stacked against you..

so, EU didn't get the free games today, huh.

as for tips, I'd guess to either play with Claudette (self healing) or Dwight (bond) at the beginning. self healing should be obvious (you can heal yourself without a med kit), bond lets you see other survivors' aura, which is great to observe their behaviour or if you need heals just run towards them (*cough*or if you're being chased*cough*).

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I am willing to give this a shot with a group from Era when this drops next week. PSN is Rammel29 it looks like it would be fun with a group of friends. :D

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
See you in just under a week! Are there any tips for playing both sides? I would think tips as survivors is most important, as the deck is stacked against you..
The best tip I can give is to actually play both sides. The game is so much easier when you know what playing as the other side is like, as far as time management, map control, mind games and things like that are concerned.

And this cannot be stressed enough, so I'm going to put it in all caps:

EVERY SURVIVOR SHOULD PLAY/LEVEL CLAUDETTE FIRST. SELF-CARE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERK IN THE GAME AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

The game's meta is at the point where every other survivor and killer assumes all survivors have it equipped and will play around that accordingly. Not having self care demonstrably puts you at an enormous disadvantage. Don't leave home without it!

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm glad that with the 2.1.0 patch players cannot derank below 15 outside of rank reset day given PS4 will have an influx of new players, having people derank just to bully new survivors/killers would have been terrible. Thing is though I'm worried nobody will stick around anyways because new killers tend to hard camp anyone they catch. Anyways....

There is a free DLC pack that adds another killer(Huntress) and survivor(David King) on the store so feel free to download that as well.

There are (very basic) tutorials for killer and survivor added to the game now, you get 50,000 bloodpoints for finishing them both so it's worth doing them when you first start.

Claudette is absolutely the best survivor to rank up first, killer I would say that whilst he is low tier once you start getting better, Wraith is a good starting point because newer players tend to play super immersed the moment they hear the terror radius and Wraith doesn't have one when cloaked.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
as for tips, I'd guess to either play with Claudette (self healing) or Dwight (bond) at the beginning. self healing should be obvious (you can heal yourself without a med kit), bond lets you see other survivors' aura, which is great to observe their behaviour or if you need heals just run towards them (*cough*or if you're being chased*cough*).

The best tip I can give is to actually play both sides. The game is so much easier when you know what playing as the other side is like, as far as time management, map control, mind games and things like that are concerned.

And this cannot be stressed enough, so I'm going to put it in all caps:

EVERY SURVIVOR SHOULD PLAY/LEVEL CLAUDETTE FIRST. SELF-CARE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PERK IN THE GAME AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

The game's meta is at the point where every other survivor and killer assumes all survivors have it equipped and will play around that accordingly. Not having self care demonstrably puts you at an enormous disadvantage. Don't leave home without it!

Thanks both! I will pay attention and focus on self. Healing first. Do you know if the game has a skill-based matchmaking system, or are newbies going to be up against vets from the get-go? Also, is there any prologue or training missions, to help you learn the basics, or are you straight in at the deep end?

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do you know if the game has a skill-based matchmaking system, or are newbies going to be up against vets from the get-go? Also, is there any prologue or training missions, to help you learn the basics, or are you straight in at the deep end?

I believe it attempts to find people in your rank range and broadens up the search to eventually no matchmaking if there aren't people playing in your range.

There isn't any prologue missions or training missions (unless they added them and I didn't know) but they did include Killer / Survivor tutorials in a patch a month ago.
I haven't looked at them myself since I haven't played in a while, and the game didn't really have much to go on at launch - you kind of just jumped into games and learned through experience.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Thanks both! I will pay attention and focus on self. Healing first. Do you know if the game has a skill-based matchmaking system, or are newbies going to be up against vets from the get-go? Also, is there any prologue or training missions, to help you learn the basics, or are you straight in at the deep end?

There's a matchmaking system with a ranking system. There actually is no unranked play. The ranks go from 20 (worst) to 1 (best). As of the most recent patch once you reach rank 15 you never go back to 16 or above, so 16-20 will always be newer players.

There is a tutorial, and it teaches you some of the basics. They added that in the 2.0 patch, it also gives you some bloodpoints which is the currency to level up characters. Bloodpoints are only gained from playing the game. There are actually 3 currencies in the game.

Bloodpoints - You use these to level up your character via the bloodweb. The bloodweb includes items, add-ons and perks. Your bloodweb can reach up to level 50 after which you can prestige your character to get new cosmetics (bloody versions of their default clothes). You get bloodpoints for doing actions in the game as a reward and for doing the daily quests.

Iridescent Shards - These are free currency you get for playing the game. You get a certain amount per match and you get some as well for leveling up your player profile which is leveled up as you play. You can use these shards to buy cosmetics or the non licensed DLC killers/survivors in the game. For 100 levels you get about 27,000 IS which is enough for 3 characters to purchase. You can also directly purchase perks from a weekly rotation of 4 perks. These will include premium characters perks so you don't need to purchase the characters or level up characters to get perks you're looking for.

Auric Cells - These are the premium currency. You can use these to buy DLC characters (don't recommend that, just buy from the store as you get a better deal if you're purchasing straight up) or the main purpose for them is to buy cosmetics.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Got it, thanks! So is there any non-cosmetic customisation, like perks or skills, or are those things fixed per character?

There are a bunch of perks that are general perks that anybody can get, but every character has 3 unique perks as well. As you level up each character you will eventually unlock their 3 perks as teachable versions. Once you unlock a teachable it shows up in everybodys bloodweb after that.

Since survivors have no unique skills like killers, you can build any survivor to be how you want.

Killer perks are the same, but each killer plays differently with their own unique power so you want to try and mesh perks with how the killer plays.

I'm gonna try and help update the OP with some more specific info since we're going to get a ton of new players in the next month.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
SCORCHING SUMMER BBQ - PREPARE FOR THE HEAT!

am1lnpzzht56.png

AUGUST 7TH TO 21ST 2018
Join us next week for a full-bodied cookout with sizzling meat and blood-curdling cocktails on the menu.

During our Scorching Summer BBQ event you will gain access to special generators and hooks. Repairing the Frozen Cocktail machines will earn you Frosty Margaritas, and skewering survivors on Grill hooks will give you Survivor Chops. To spawn more Frozen Cocktail machines and Grill hooks in the map, you must burn the BBQ invitation in the Bloodweb.

SCORCHING SUMMER BBQ - EVENT OBJECTIVE
Collect as many Frosty Margaritas & Survivor Chops as possible to unlock the Scorching Summer BBQ customization rewards: Hillbilly's "Pro-Pain" hammer and Kate's "Free Songbird" slip dress.

• Every trial starts with two Frozen Cocktail machines and 2 Grill hooks
  • To spawn event more Frozen Cocktail machines or Grill hooks, acquire a BBQ invitation Offering in the Bloodweb and burn it in a trial
  • Each BBQ invitation Offering played will generate 1 Frozen Cocktail machine and 1 Grill hook
  • As a Killer, hook a Survivor on a Grill hook for the first time to gain 1 Survivor Chop
  • As a Survivor, complete repairs on a Frozen Cocktail machine to grant all Survivors 1 Frosty Margarita
  • If you played a BBQ invitation Offering, you will also score bonus Bloodpoints when the above conditions are met
  • Once you reach your Frosty Margaritas goal, you will unlock Kate's "Free Songbird" slip dress
  • Once you reach your Survivor chops goal, you will unlock the Hillbilly's "Pro-Pain" hammer
You are done with your personal objectives? Keep playing the BBQ invitation Offering to help your playmates reach their personal goals AND on the same occasion, gain more Bloodpoints! The BBQ invitation Offering is only playable during the Scorching Summer BBQ.