• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Switching to PS4 since it went free(havent played at all this year) Having a lot of fun but I wish the gameplay was more fleshed out...anybody who is better at repairing gens than others? As in does it quicker, or is that just reliant on items?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god its so easy to get 4K as a killer againts new players. Just did my 6th 4K win in a row. Aaaaand the servers are down again... Get your shit together BHVR

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Switching to PS4 since it went free(havent played at all this year) Having a lot of fun but I wish the gameplay was more fleshed out...anybody who is better at repairing gens than others? As in does it quicker, or is that just reliant on items?

All survivors are exactly the same.

You can bring in toolboxes to do gens faster, there's also perks to help with gen repair speed

Leader (Dwight Teachable) - Gives everybody around you a boost in speed for all actions.
Prove Thyself (Dwight Teachable) - Gives you a boost in speed for all actions for each person near you
Left Behind (Bill Teachable on PC, General on PS4) - Gives you a boost in gen repair speed if you're the last survivor (shit perk IMO)
Spine Chill (General Perk) - When the killer is within a certain distance and looking at you, get an 8% boost in speed and 10% higher chance for a skill check (this one is really just good against freddy)

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Finally managed to play a couple of games (playing Claudette) and even though I couldn't escape I got the highest score in both and had lots of fun. Some random questions:

- Any general tips for playing survivor? Should I prioritize hooked teammates as soon as I spot one and forget about generators? Is it better going in a group or each one on its own?

- Are all of the items unlocked via Bloodweb of a single-use?

- What's the difference between each character's initial perks and teachable perks?

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to play a couple of games (playing Claudette) and even though I couldn't escape I got the highest score in both and had lots of fun. Some random questions:

- Any general tips for playing survivor? Should I prioritize hooked teammates as soon as I spot one and forget about generators? Is it better going in a group or each one on its own?

- Are all of the items unlocked via Bloodweb of a single-use?

- What's the difference between each character's initial perks and teachable perks?

Only unhook if it's safe to do so. Having someone on the hook sucks, but having multiple people on the hook really sucks and lots of times games can swing to the killer in an instant because people try for bad hook rescues. I always try to make sure the killer has left, and also watch out for traps depending on the killer. One big piece of advice I can give is if you're going for the unhook and get seen by the killer and engage in a chase, run away from the hook. If the killer is of the camping variety, they'll leave you alone once you leave the hook area. If they aren't, you'll at least leave the hook open for other teammates to come in for the rescue.

I only recommend group rescues if you're in a SWF and you know the killer is camping. Then one can take a hit while the other unhooks. Or one can distract while another unhooks. Whether you should ignore gens or not varies case by case. If your killer is camping, just stay on the gen and gen rush the hell out of them. Make 2-3 gens pop while the killer is camping that one person.

Items unlocked on the blood web can last more than one use. If you die, you lose the item (unless you have an offering preventing it). If you use it entirely during the match, it's lost. If you make it out with the item, you keep it and any add-ons you had. Some add-ons instantly destroy the item though, like the med kit instant heal add-ons. Brand New Parts used to consume toolboxes when used, but now they don't.

Every character has three unique perks that are unlocked for that character right off the bat. When you hit level 30, 35, and 40, you can unlock the teachable version of that perk, which basically just means it unlocks that perk to show up on other survivors bloodwebs. Many people suggest leveling up Claudette and Meg first for Claudette's self care and Meg's sprint burst. So once you hit level 40 IIRC with Claudette, you can get the teachable self care in her blood web, and now self care might pop up on a blood web for.. Ace, or Dwight, etc. Same with killers. Level up Hag so you can unlock Ruin for the other killers.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Only unhook if it's safe to do so. Having someone on the hook sucks, but having multiple people on the hook really sucks and lots of times games can swing to the killer in an instant because people try for bad hook rescues. I always try to make sure the killer has left, and also watch out for traps depending on the killer. One big piece of advice I can give is if you're going for the unhook and get seen by the killer and engage in a chase, run away from the hook. If the killer is of the camping variety, they'll leave you alone once you leave the hook area. If they aren't, you'll at least leave the hook open for other teammates to come in for the rescue.

I only recommend group rescues if you're in a SWF and you know the killer is camping. Then one can take a hit while the other unhooks. Or one can distract while another unhooks. Whether you should ignore gens or not varies case by case. If your killer is camping, just stay on the gen and gen rush the hell out of them. Make 2-3 gens pop while the killer is camping that one person.

Items unlocked on the blood web can last more than one use. If you die, you lose the item (unless you have an offering preventing it). If you use it entirely during the match, it's lost. If you make it out with the item, you keep it and any add-ons you had. Some add-ons instantly destroy the item though, like the med kit instant heal add-ons. Brand New Parts used to consume toolboxes when used, but now they don't.

Every character has three unique perks that are unlocked for that character right off the bat. When you hit level 30, 35, and 40, you can unlock the teachable version of that perk, which basically just means it unlocks that perk to show up on other survivors bloodwebs. Many people suggest leveling up Claudette and Meg first for Claudette's self care and Meg's sprint burst. So once you hit level 40 IIRC with Claudette, you can get the teachable self care in her blood web, and now self care might pop up on a blood web for.. Ace, or Dwight, etc. Same with killers. Level up Hag so you can unlock Ruin for the other killers.

Wow, thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! The game is definitely deeper than I thought

Also, is any the DLCs a must-buy?

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! The game is definitely deeper than I thought

Also, is any the DLCs a must-buy?

if you're a killer main (or at least enjoy playing as the killer) they're all good! if you only play survivor, eh, avoidable.

the majority would say to avoid freddy, but his perks are actually useful (I do enjoy playing as him, even if the screen's basically black).

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If you want to invest any decent amount of time into playing killer the Leatherface DLC is basically a must buy. Whilst Leatherface himself is a pretty shitty killer(basically a discount Hillbilly with zero map pressure) he has one of the best killer teachable perks in the game, Barbecue & Chili. You could also just wait for it to appear in the shrine of secrets but given that BBQ&C has only ever appeared in that once you could be waiting a long time.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah LF is a must just for that glorious BBQ and also Franklins Demise. Myers is also good, maybe my favorite killer just because of how unique he is.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so I unlocked the shirt, but don't have kate. I hope, it's there once I buy the DLC? it still says 0 cosmetics on her character profile in the store.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I refuse to use any female survivor because their glitchy hair constantly gives away their position when I am killer.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Kate's scream was so much worse on the PTR before she came out, that one would have probably scared the killer off the map.

I can't wait for the bloodlust nerf to finally come. I have zero issues with bloodlust 1 and 2, bloodlust 3 is just obnoxious though and rewards poor play from the killer.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Been playing the last few days and I'm enjoying the game a lot, had some really intense games. Another round of random questions:

- How do you unlock teachable perks?
- Is there any way to buy DLC characters with in-game credits?
- How does the ranked system works? I'm actually level 5 in-game, but I just noticed that my ranked level went from 20 to 19 after finishing my last game
- Any specific killer I should level up first? I've been mainly using Hillbilly

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Been playing the last few days and I'm enjoying the game a lot, had some really intense games. Another round of random questions:

- How does the ranked system works? I'm actually level 5 in-game, but I just noticed that my ranked level went from 20 to 19 after finishing my last game

1. Teachables are unlocked on the bloodweb at 30, 35 and 40. They take up the spot of what would normally be a perk. Once you buy them they immediately show up in all bloodwebs
2. Yes, in the in-game store you can buy characters for 9,000 Iridescent Shards. You cannot buy licensed killers / survivors with this. Gonna have to flesh out the cash for Michael, Freddy, The Pig and Leatherface
4. Hillbilly is a great first killer. His chainsaw can be a bit unwieldy but the insta down is amazing. If you really enjoy the game I would recommend buying Leatherface and leveling him up ASAP to get BBQ & Chili. This will end up giving you 25% bonus bloodpoints per match per survivor you hook for up to 100% bonus bloodpoints per game.
3. Your profile level is separate from your ranking. You get XP for playing that goes towards your profile level. You get iridescent shards for leveling up your profile level. It doesn't have a cap. You can use these iridescent shards to buy cosmetics, non-licensed killers or you can straight up buy teachable perks on the shrine of secrets which changes every week. You can even purchase perks for killers / survivors you do not own :D.

Here's a pic from my game. The 42 is my profile level and the 7 is my survivor rank

unknown.png

For a more detailed breakdown of the ranking system:

The ranking system is rank 20 (worst) to rank 1 (best). Ranks 16-20 are all new players, as you cannot de-rank in those ranks. Every 13th of the month the ranking resets so everybody will end up in the 10-20 range. You rank up by the actions you do in game based on what they call Emblems. Getting a certain amount of emblems will give you a pip towards your progress to the next rank. Here's a pic of the survivor rank up screen that shows me getting 2 pips. If you look above my rank you can see the circles which represent how many pips you need for your next rank.

unknown.png

Each 4 of those represent an emblem from actions done in game. Each emblem can give a maximum of 4 points towards your ranking up based on your performance. There are 5 tiers of an emblem

No Emblem - 0 points
Bronze Emblem - 1 point
Silver Emblem - 2 points
Gold Emblem - 3 points
Iridescent Emblem - 4 points

The 3 stages of ranking up / down are determined by the pips on the progress bar. If you get 0-5 emblem points you lose a pip in your rank. If you get 6-8 points you don't pip and stay at the same point. If you get 9-13 points you will get 1 pip towards your rank. If you get 14 or more points you get 2 pips for your rank.

For survivor the 4 emblems are:

Lightbringer: Based on your completion of objectives. You get points for the following

1. You receive 1 point for 1% of a generator repaired. If multiple survivors work on a gen then the points are split. If a killer kicks a gen and regresses the progression, then it doesn't take points away. You will get more points for repairing the generator again as well.
2. If you complete a gen you get 5 points. Equally awarded to all survivors working on the gen
3. If you open an exit gate at the end you get 15 points
4. If you destroy a hex totem you get 50 points.

The points required for each emblem are:

0-29 - No emblem
30-99 - Bronze
100-189 - Silver
190-269 - Gold
270+ - Iridescent

Unbroken: Based on your ability to survive. You don't want points in this category.

1. Receive 1 point for being downed (this prevents you from getting iridescent)
2. Dying within 5 minutes = 900 points (no emblem)
3. Dying within 9 minutes = 800 points (bronze)
4. Dying after 9 minutes = 700 points (silver)
5. Not dying = 0 points (Gold if you got downed / hooked, iridescent if you did not get downed)

Benevolent: Based on how altruistic you were

1. You start with 35 points
2. You 0.1 points per 1% you heal a survivor (this is capped at 10)
3. You lose 10 points whenever anybody is hooked. The points are refunded if the survivor dies within 10 seconds (kills themselves or is on their last hook)
4. 10 points are given to all survivors when somebody is unhooked (refunds the previous deduction)
5. Unhooking a survivor gives you 20 points (10 bonus basically). These are given to you 10 seconds after the person has been unhooked because
6. You lose 30 points for farming a survivor. If a survivor goes down within 10 seconds the person who unhooked loses 30 points
7. You get 30 points if you escape the killers grasp
8. You receive 10 points for taking a hit for a survivor who is being carried by the killer
9. You only get 0.15% of points in the basement or after exit gates are powered.

The points required for emblems are:

0-19 - No emblem
20-39 - Bronze
40-59 - Silver
60-99 - Gold
100+ - Iridescent

Evader: represents your ability to stay hidden from the killer or win chases

1. Start with 100 points
2. You receive 1 point per second while in the killers terror radius. This is multiplied by distance (6x at 5m, 2.2x at 10m, 20 meters 1.1x and so on)
3. You receive 1 point per second being chased by killer. Your points are banked at 15 second intervals.
4. Lose 10 points when hit during a chase
4. If you escape a chase you get double points.

0-229 - No Emblem
230-379 - Bronze
380-559 - Silver
560-879 - Gold
880+ - Iridescent

Killer emblems are pretty straight forward. Chaser is the same as evader, and the rest are for preventing generators from getting done, hitting peeps and killing peeps.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You unlock teachables by either leveling up the killer/survivor whose teachable you want to 30, 35, and 40, or buy them in the shrine. The shrine is in the in-game store, you buy perks with the shards you earn for leveling up your account.

The game has three progression systems. You have your monthly rank, which is different for killer and survivor, and it resets on the 13th of every month. You have character ranks, progressed by spending bloodpoints on each character. Characters can be leveled to 50, and then you can prestige them, which resets the rank to 0, you lose everything you've accumulated for that character in terms of items and perks, and you unlock one piece of bloody cosmetics. You also get a higher chance of unlocking good items out of the gift boxes on the bloodweb each time you prestige. It sucks to lose everything and RNG can make it take awhile to get back your good perks, but the bloody character models can help in game by making you harder to see. A max prestige Claudette on a dark map hiding in a corner is almost invisible.

Lastly you have your main account level, which is shared across both killer and survivor, and this is leveled up by playing the game. Each time you level up you unlock shards, which are used in the store to buy cosmetics or even new characters, or the shrine to unlock perks. So right now in the shrine there is Empathy, Third Seal, a couple others. Not a very good shrine imho. It resets once a week. Buying teachables out of the shrine costs 2,000 shards of the perk has been in the shrine before, and 2,700 if it's the first time the perk has shown up. So if you don't want to level up a character and you see the perk in the shrine, buy it there. Also, if you're thirsty for bloodpoints and have extra shards, you can buy a teachable you've already unlocked, and in exchange you get bloodpoints. It's 150k for perks that cost 2,000 shards, and IIRC 250k for the 2700 shard perks?

Yes, you can buy DLC characters with the shards you earn in game. Idk the cost since I bought all the DLC already.

Pick a killer you feel comfortable using and play them. You earn more bloodpoints as killer than survivor. Once you get the higher ranks the Hex:Ruin perk is almost a requirement, so maybe think about leveling up Hag. Leatherface and his BBQ perk is godly, but he's DLC, so idk if you'll have him. But even if you don't own the DLC, you can buy DLC perks if they show in the shrine.

I might have forgotten above but if you prestige a character you don't lose unlocked teachables. They stay unlocked for everyone else.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
1. Teachables are unlocked on the bloodweb at 30, 35 and 40. They take up the spot of what would normally be a perk. Once you buy them they immediately show up in all bloodwebs
2. Yes, in the in-game store you can buy characters for 9,000 Iridescent Shards. You cannot buy licensed killers / survivors with this. Gonna have to flesh out the cash for Michael, Freddy, The Pig and Leatherface
4. Hillbilly is a great first killer. His chainsaw can be a bit unwieldy but the insta down is amazing. If you really enjoy the game I would recommend buying Leatherface and leveling him up ASAP to get BBQ & Chili. This will end up giving you 25% bonus bloodpoints per match per survivor you hook for up to 100% bonus bloodpoints per game.
3. Your profile level is separate from your ranking. You get XP for playing that goes towards your profile level. You get iridescent shards for leveling up your profile level. It doesn't have a cap. You can use these iridescent shards to buy cosmetics, non-licensed killers or you can straight up buy teachable perks on the shrine of secrets which changes every week. You can even purchase perks for killers / survivors you do not own :D.

Here's a pic from my game. The 42 is my profile level and the 7 is my survivor rank

unknown.png

For a more detailed breakdown of the ranking system:

The ranking system is rank 20 (worst) to rank 1 (best). Ranks 16-20 are all new players, as you cannot de-rank in those ranks. Every 13th of the month the ranking resets so everybody will end up in the 10-20 range. You rank up by the actions you do in game based on what they call Emblems. Getting a certain amount of emblems will give you a pip towards your progress to the next rank. Here's a pic of the survivor rank up screen that shows me getting 2 pips. If you look above my rank you can see the circles which represent how many pips you need for your next rank.

unknown.png

Each 4 of those represent an emblem from actions done in game. Each emblem can give a maximum of 4 points towards your ranking up based on your performance. There are 5 tiers of an emblem

No Emblem - 0 points
Bronze Emblem - 1 point
Silver Emblem - 2 points
Gold Emblem - 3 points
Iridescent Emblem - 4 points

The 3 stages of ranking up / down are determined by the pips on the progress bar. If you get 0-5 emblem points you lose a pip in your rank. If you get 6-8 points you don't pip and stay at the same point. If you get 9-13 points you will get 1 pip towards your rank. If you get 14 or more points you get 2 pips for your rank.

For survivor the 4 emblems are:

Lightbringer: Based on your completion of objectives. You get points for the following

1. You receive 1 point for 1% of a generator repaired. If multiple survivors work on a gen then the points are split. If a killer kicks a gen and regresses the progression, then it doesn't take points away. You will get more points for repairing the generator again as well.
2. If you complete a gen you get 5 points. Equally awarded to all survivors working on the gen
3. If you open an exit gate at the end you get 15 points
4. If you destroy a hex totem you get 50 points.

The points required for each emblem are:

0-29 - No emblem
30-99 - Bronze
100-189 - Silver
190-269 - Gold
270+ - Iridescent

Unbroken: Based on your ability to survive. You don't want points in this category.

1. Receive 1 point for being downed (this prevents you from getting iridescent)
2. Dying within 5 minutes = 900 points (no emblem)
3. Dying within 9 minutes = 800 points (bronze)
4. Dying after 9 minutes = 700 points (silver)
5. Not dying = 0 points (Gold if you got downed / hooked, iridescent if you did not get downed)

Benevolent: Based on how altruistic you were

1. You start with 35 points
2. You 0.1 points per 1% you heal a survivor (this is capped at 10)
3. You lose 10 points whenever anybody is hooked. The points are refunded if the survivor dies within 10 seconds (kills themselves or is on their last hook)
4. 10 points are given to all survivors when somebody is unhooked (refunds the previous deduction)
5. Unhooking a survivor gives you 20 points (10 bonus basically). These are given to you 10 seconds after the person has been unhooked because
6. You lose 30 points for farming a survivor. If a survivor goes down within 10 seconds the person who unhooked loses 30 points
7. You get 30 points if you escape the killers grasp
8. You receive 10 points for taking a hit for a survivor who is being carried by the killer
9. You only get 0.15% of points in the basement or after exit gates are powered.

0-19 - No emblem
20-39 - Bronze
40-59 - Silver
60-99 - Gold
100+ - Iridescent

Evader: represents your ability to stay hidden from the killer or win chases

1. Start with 100 points
2. You receive 1 point per second while in the killers terror radius. This is multiplied by distance (6x at 5m, 2.2x at 10m, 20 meters 1.1x and so on)
3. You receive 1 point per second being chased by killer. Your points are banked at 15 second intervals.
4. Lose 10 points when hit during a chase
4. If you escape a chase you get double points.

0-229 - No Emblem
230-379 - Bronze
380-559 - Silver
560-879 - Gold
880+ - Iridescent

Killer emblems are pretty straight forward. Chaser is the same as evader, and the rest are for preventing generators from getting done, hitting peeps and killing peeps.

You unlock teachables by either leveling up the killer/survivor whose teachable you want to 30, 35, and 40, or buy them in the shrine. The shrine is in the in-game store, you buy perks with the shards you earn for leveling up your account.

The game has three progression systems. You have your monthly rank, which is different for killer and survivor, and it resets on the 13th of every month. You have character ranks, progressed by spending bloodpoints on each character. Characters can be leveled to 50, and then you can prestige them, which resets the rank to 0, you lose everything you've accumulated for that character in terms of items and perks, and you unlock one piece of bloody cosmetics. You also get a higher chance of unlocking good items out of the gift boxes on the bloodweb each time you prestige. It sucks to lose everything and RNG can make it take awhile to get back your good perks, but the bloody character models can help in game by making you harder to see. A max prestige Claudette on a dark map hiding in a corner is almost invisible.

Lastly you have your main account level, which is shared across both killer and survivor, and this is leveled up by playing the game. Each time you level up you unlock shards, which are used in the store to buy cosmetics or even new characters, or the shrine to unlock perks. So right now in the shrine there is Empathy, Third Seal, a couple others. Not a very good shrine imho. It resets once a week. Buying teachables out of the shrine costs 2,000 shards of the perk has been in the shrine before, and 2,700 if it's the first time the perk has shown up. So if you don't want to level up a character and you see the perk in the shrine, buy it there. Also, if you're thirsty for bloodpoints and have extra shards, you can buy a teachable you've already unlocked, and in exchange you get bloodpoints. It's 150k for perks that cost 2,000 shards, and IIRC 250k for the 2700 shard perks?

Yes, you can buy DLC characters with the shards you earn in game. Idk the cost since I bought all the DLC already.

Pick a killer you feel comfortable using and play them. You earn more bloodpoints as killer than survivor. Once you get the higher ranks the Hex:Ruin perk is almost a requirement, so maybe think about leveling up Hag. Leatherface and his BBQ perk is godly, but he's DLC, so idk if you'll have him. But even if you don't own the DLC, you can buy DLC perks if they show in the shrine.

I might have forgotten above but if you prestige a character you don't lose unlocked teachables. They stay unlocked for everyone else.

Wow, thanks a lot for the detailed explanations! Really appreciate it, everything should be clear now. Regarding the survivor/killer ranks, are they only used for matchmaking or are there rewards/unlockables attached to your rank?

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I have 2 friends who are brand new to the game that are playing and I feel a bit bad since I'm rank 4 getting into their lobbies. I might throw a few games so i dont bully any killers.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
New to this game and tbh, it scares the shit out of me, but I can't stop playing...except when servers are down. (Also may need to break if I start having nightmares of the freaky killers.) Anyone want to play together on PS4? Full disclosure, I kinda suck right now...my gt is N7__Nola (that's 2 underscores).

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't believe they added so many nice cosmetics after I stopped playing for ages and with the micro transitions lol.

I want the neon Feng stuff so bad.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I swear I'm going to have to change my PSN privacy settings because of this game, whenever I play killer(which honestly isn't often, like 20% of the time) I get salt from entitled survivor players even though I play super fair.

Yeah, hooking someone, walking away and finding someone else to chase is now tunneling, I'd hate to see how much salt I would get if I just played Basementface for a day.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I swear I'm going to have to change my PSN privacy settings because of this game, whenever I play killer(which honestly isn't often, like 20% of the time) I get salt from entitled survivor players even though I play super fair.

Yeah, hooking someone, walking away and finding someone else to chase is now tunneling, I'd hate to see how much salt I would get if I just played Basementface for a day.

Now imagine that but on Xbox with their rep system.

People get so fucking mad at this game. I just keep my steam friends only and try to be positive in the post game chat.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

LOL yo bro, the sheer bullshit survivors come up with in this game is like 30% of the fun as killer. I had a match yesterday where 1 was dead, they were down to 1 gen left, I run up on them and down one, hook in the basement, which is where the gen was that they were working on. It was halfway done and I knew two were working on it, so I chased someone else.

Guy gets unhooked, I kept chasing the other guy and hit him then went back to see if anyone was working on that gen again.... they both were, including the person who was just unhooked. Instead of running off to heal, they went right back to the gen. So I targeted him and downed him and he died on hook. He then decides to message me about how I tunnel and play unfair. He had plenty of time to leave the gen and heal up but he decided to stay and try to get it done.

And don't even get me started on "respect the 4%!". Just laugh it off.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
We're on PS4, but ok that sucks. Thanks for the reply.

PS4 makes you reinvite as well. :(

My fave match I've played so far was down 2 survivors. Killer downed me and went after the other survivor. I happened to run past the hatch when I was being chased, so I crawled on top of the hatch. Figured if the other person managed to get to me, then they would see the hatch and could escape. Ended up with them being hooked and trying to escape since no one else could help them, so they died before me and...POP! Hatch opened and I was able to go through! That killer must have been pissed...

Do you still get points as a survivor if you are killed, but a teammate survives? Still trying to understand the scoring.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
PS4 makes you reinvite as well. :(

My fave match I've played so far was down 2 survivors. Killer downed me and went after the other survivor. I happened to run past the hatch when I was being chased, so I crawled on top of the hatch. Figured if the other person managed to get to me, then they would see the hatch and could escape. Ended up with them being hooked and trying to escape since no one else could help them, so they died before me and...POP! Hatch opened and I was able to go through! That killer must have been pissed...

Do you still get points as a survivor if you are killed, but a teammate survives? Still trying to understand the scoring.

You get all points you accrued when alive / when in the match. If you leave or die you will accrue no more points.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my p3 ace just can't get self-care on the web. I've played so many sessions without it, that I'm re-considering my setup, because so far I don't even miss it.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
my p3 ace just can't get self-care on the web. I've played so many sessions without it, that I'm re-considering my setup, because so far I don't even miss it.

I stopped running SC 99% of the time like two months ago and it's been great. It opens up a whole new perk slot for you to use. Sometimes you can rely on teammates to heal, but I always carry medkits in, just in case. But eventually you run out and I have to put SC back on and run Plunderers to get some of these good kits stocked back up.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I stopped running SC 99% of the time like two months ago and it's been great. It opens up a whole new perk slot for you to use. Sometimes you can rely on teammates to heal, but I always carry medkits in, just in case. But eventually you run out and I have to put SC back on and run Plunderers to get some of these good kits stocked back up.

I bought Pharmacy from the bloodweb so I can start hoarding green medkits on my Feng.

I've been using Self Care but man it sucks. Takes so long.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
You get all points you accrued when alive / when in the match. If you leave or die you will accrue no more points.

Ok, so there are no points granted to the overall team if one person is able to survive? It would be only to that one person? If so, seems to take away incentive to put yourself at risk to try to save someone else...unless you are able to unhook/revive them and get altruism points.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ok, so there are no points granted to the overall team if one person is able to survive? It would be only to that one person? If so, seems to take away incentive to put yourself at risk to try to save someone else...unless you are able to unhook/revive them and get altruism points.

You get bonus altruism ranking points for taking a hit for a survivor being carried by a killer and you get points for taking hits, distracting and doing other altruistic things.

It's always a risk and it's part of the ebb and flow of the game. Should you be working on gens? Should you be fucking with the killer? Should you be going in for the save and risking yourself?

It's a balance. The game is a team game, but it's also a survival game. You need to decide if it's worth it to be selfish or altruistic in each situation.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
You get bonus altruism ranking points for taking a hit for a survivor being carried by a killer and you get points for taking hits, distracting and doing other altruistic things.

It's always a risk and it's part of the ebb and flow of the game. Should you be working on gens? Should you be fucking with the killer? Should you be going in for the save and risking yourself?

It's a balance. The game is a team game, but it's also a survival game. You need to decide if it's worth it to be selfish or altruistic in each situation.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
LOL yo bro, the sheer bullshit survivors come up with in this game is like 30% of the fun as killer. I had a match yesterday where 1 was dead, they were down to 1 gen left, I run up on them and down one, hook in the basement, which is where the gen was that they were working on. It was halfway done and I knew two were working on it, so I chased someone else.

Guy gets unhooked, I kept chasing the other guy and hit him then went back to see if anyone was working on that gen again.... they both were, including the person who was just unhooked. Instead of running off to heal, they went right back to the gen. So I targeted him and downed him and he died on hook. He then decides to message me about how I tunnel and play unfair. He had plenty of time to leave the gen and heal up but he decided to stay and try to get it done.

And don't even get me started on "respect the 4%!". Just laugh it off.

Yeah the whole respect the 4% crap is just massive survivor entitlement. Fuck that, you're going straight back onto the hook.

Something about this game just brings out dead sea levels of salt from people. Killers are camping just by being on the same map as the survivors and survivors are literally the devil if they use a flashlight or teabag the killer. It's actually amazing how many killers get triggered by someone teabagging.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What's that 4% thing?

When you get hooked by the killer for the first time you can attempt to free yourself from it a total of 3 times(up to 6 with the slippery meat perk) without help from another survivor. The base chance to successfully unhook yourself is 4% for each attempt(which can increase with perks and offerings)and some survivors seem to think if you do so the killer should just leave you alone and let you live.

Edit: Beaten to it.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Looks like peeps are starting to speculate that the next killer is finally the teacher. There are new cosmetics that should be coming that are school themed. Not only that but the teacher has been in the game files for over a year. Here's an unused perk with an icon that has been in since at least July 2017 and the killers ability which was called Detention

IconPerks_underperform.png

130px-FulliconPowers_detention.png

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Well I just played against a Freddy Krueger for the very first time and had no idea WTF was going on lol Didn't help that he was rank 14 with several purple perks and two of my teammates DC'ed. Does he become invisible every time the lullaby plays? Any tips to play against him?

When you're in the first stage of the hook and attempt escape you have a 4% chance of actually pulling yourself off.

Your base luck stat is 4%, you can increase it with perks and add-ons. It's possible to get 48% luck with a mix of vigos salty jar of lips and up the ante (an ace perk)

When you get hooked by the killer for the first time you can attempt to free yourself from it a total of 3 times(up to 6 with the slippery meat perk) without help from another survivor. The base chance to successfully unhook yourself is 4% for each attempt(which can increase with perks and offerings)and some survivors seem to think if you do so the killer should just leave you alone and let you live.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Thanks!

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Well I just played against a Freddy Krueger for the very first time and had no idea WTF was going on lol Didn't help that he was rank 14 with several purple perks and two of my teammates DC'ed. Does he become invisible every time the lullaby plays? Any tips to play against him?

Freddy is always invisible to survivors that are awake. He's in the dream realm and his power lets him pull survivors in there with him. If you are awake he cannot touch you unless you are in a locker.

When he pulls you into the dream world, there is a slight delay between you falling asleep and actually being asleep. It's in between 3-10 seconds I think based on his add-ons.

To wake up from the dream world you can do 1 of 5 things:

1. Adrenaline - the perk for meg that heals you 1 state and gives a speed boost when the 5th gen is done will take out of dream world
2. Get hooked - probably the easiest way but who wants to do that
3. Fail a skill check on a gen or healing somebody
4. Get woken up by a teammate who is already awake. If you are both asleep you cannot wake each other up unless you are injured and they fail a skill check healing you
5. Get healed from being asleep on the ground will instantly wake you up.

When you are in the dream world you perform all actions 50% slower (opening gates, healing, doing gens, searching chests even I think). Also when you are outside of freddy's terror radius he can see your aura through walls.

Best advice I can give, is to wake yourself up and be aware of the transition. You can do stuff like grab a survivor off a hook when the exit gates are open and most of the time he literally cannot stop you since he has to put you to sleep to attack you.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as promised I played some rounds as killer on a different account. you know, to spook the newcomers!

the plan was to hook all of them once and then let them do some gens before going full monster. what happened is, they were so afraid of doing any noise, they just hid in a corner. the once I hooked died, because nobody came to rescue them. I had to mercy kill the rest of the survivors. it was a sad game. :(