• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Freddy is always invisible to survivors that are awake. He's in the dream realm and his power lets him pull survivors in there with him. If you are awake he cannot touch you unless you are in a locker.

When he pulls you into the dream world, there is a slight delay between you falling asleep and actually being asleep. It's in between 3-10 seconds I think based on his add-ons.

To wake up from the dream world you can do 1 of 5 things:

1. Adrenaline - the perk for meg that heals you 1 state and gives a speed boost when the 5th gen is done will take out of dream world
2. Get hooked - probably the easiest way but who wants to do that
3. Fail a skill check on a gen or healing somebody
4. Get woken up by a teammate who is already awake. If you are both asleep you cannot wake each other up unless you are injured and they fail a skill check healing you
5. Get healed from being asleep on the ground will instantly wake you up.

When you are in the dream world you perform all actions 50% slower (opening gates, healing, doing gens, searching chests even I think). Also when you are outside of freddy's terror radius he can see your aura through walls.

Best advice I can give, is to wake yourself up and be aware of the transition. You can do stuff like grab a survivor off a hook when the exit gates are open and most of the time he literally cannot stop you since he has to put you to sleep to attack you.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to put them in practice. Actually Freddy is one of the killers I'm thinking about getting once I get more familiar with the game, so that'll definitely help

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
When you're in the first stage of the hook and attempt escape you have a 4% chance of actually pulling yourself off.

Your base luck stat is 4%, you can increase it with perks and add-ons. It's possible to get 48% luck with a mix of vigos salty jar of lips and up the ante (an ace perk)

I remember the first game I ever played I got off the hook pretty much immediately, my friends were shook telling me it was only a 4% chance. I couldn't believe it lol. I haven't had that luck since, I don't usually bother attempting to escape anymore.

I didn't know you could increase your luck with add-ons. I'm getting back into the game recently, almost prestiged Feng, I'm at level 42. I've got A LOT of items and offerings on her though because I'm always increasing her level.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/97hlne/an_updated_guide_to_teachables/

For the new players in here who want some more info on Teachables. This is a pretty good guide right here.

I remember the first game I ever played I got off the hook pretty much immediately, my friends were shook telling me it was only a 4% chance. I couldn't believe it lol. I haven't had that luck since, I don't usually bother attempting to escape anymore.

I didn't know you could increase your luck with add-ons. I'm getting back into the game recently, almost prestiged Feng, I'm at level 42. I've got A LOT of items and offerings on her though because I'm always increasing her level.

My advice would be get Feng to 50 and then start saving bloodpoints until you're near a million. Keep just burning through all of her shit and when you're ready just prestige and dump all of your BP into her at once.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My advice would be get Feng to 50 and then start saving bloodpoints until you're near a million. Keep just burning through all of her shit and when you're ready just prestige and dump all of your BP into her at once.

That's some great advice, thanks a lot.

I've been doing reallllly good with Killer recently and I don't really consider myself the greatest player. Are the new PS Plus peeps just not used to the game yet?

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That's some great advice, thanks a lot.

I've been doing reallllly good with Killer recently and I don't really consider myself the greatest player. Are the new PS Plus peeps just not used to the game yet?
That plus the most recent patch was very killer sided in regards to balance changes. And honestly ever since the emblem patch a few months ago killer hasn't been the dumpster fire it used to be, now that other things besides hooks/kills counts towards ranking up.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I just started playing Pig and goddamn, this is by far the most fun I've had in the game yet. One of my last games ended with three people and me dancing around the open exit, two of them bear-trapped. They both ended up just giving up getting past me and dying from the trap when they tried to leave. I read some people saying that she's not very good but either way this has been a blast.

Only thing is I wish you were able to queue with friends as killer or get bloodpoints from custom matches(even if it was reduced).

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since I've been shaking up my perk-combo, I've been playing a lot more daring. instead of urban evading and hiding behind bushes, I run around like crazy, do gens in front of the killer and try to save others from campers.

while it's a lot more fun compared to my previous t-rex-tactics, it's also very exhausting. after like 5 or so sessions I needed a break.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
since I've been shaking up my perk-combo, I've been playing a lot more daring. instead of urban evading and hiding behind bushes, I run around like crazy, do gens in front of the killer and try to save others from campers.

while it's a lot more fun compared to my previous t-rex-tactics, it's also very exhausting. after like 5 or so sessions I needed a break.

I've been trying that and I just die

lmao

I need to perfect my pallet spots

Zoja

Jan 15, 2018
Playing DBD again (after 1 year~), reaching the high ranks with trapper (rank 9) atm. He becomes so weak vs. good survivors, but it was like that 1 year ago. Luckily I was a nurse main and after a few games I am hitting some good blinks again.

All in all a damn good game! I am glad they managed to survive the release of friday 13th.

P.S. I am still waiting for a killer duo, so I can play killer with a friend, hopefully they will make it one day.

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Hag P3 today and now she's level 46. Only killer left for P3 is Piggy who is P250 but I really don't enjoy using her so idk when I will prestige her the last time.

Was considering prestiging a survivor but David is P350 and has all perks already.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Got my Hag P3 today and now she's level 46. Only killer left for P3 is Piggy who is P250 but I really don't enjoy using her so idk when I will prestige her the last time.

Was considering prestiging a survivor but David is P350 and has all perks already.

That's my thought process for survivors. Just get 1 P3-50 and then just hoard items on them.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
How is even possible that this guy didn't see me lmao

Jeez PS+ bringing out the best players.

He should have seen your scratch marks after checking the first locker and been like oh shit they were just here

Or really he should check all corners before getting on the gen

Next time you should run quick and quiet (meg teachable) and as soon as he's done checking that locker run in there since he probably won't check the same locker again

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My favorite thing is learning if they respect pallets so you just stop for a second and get a free loop out of them.

Leatherface players are absolutely hilarious for this, they run like 10 feet backwards whilst revving their chainsaw at a pallet like 90% of the time and you get 1, if not 2 more loops.

Just a tip for any new killer players out there: Don't respect pallets. Quite often you'll get a free hit on a survivor who is sitting at one.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Just had a nasty game against a Doc. I feel bad

Me and my bud brought in a syringe instant heal medkit. I looped the guy for 3 gens and he finally downed me so my bud sandbags me and when he downs me i get instant back to full health.

I looped for the remaining 2 gens and then i dropped my instant heal after getting unhooked since I couldn't use it on myself, lithe and I was out the exit gate.

Didn't pip of course. So damn hard to actually lose the doc. C'est La Vie I guess. He found me within 20 seconds of starting the game. I got 0 lightbringer points.

Zoja

Jan 15, 2018
Just had a nasty game against a Doc. I feel bad

Me and my bud brought in a syringe instant heal medkit. I looped the guy for 3 gens and he finally downed me so my bud sandbags me and when he downs me i get instant back to full health.

I looped for the remaining 2 gens and then i dropped my instant heal after getting unhooked since I couldn't use it on myself, lithe and I was out the exit gate.

Didn't pip of course. So damn hard to actually lose the doc. C'est La Vie I guess. He found me within 20 seconds of starting the game. I got 0 lightbringer points.

Which rank was it?

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think I've hit my skill ceiling at level 15 because I'm just getting destroyed every match.
Not 4 days after rank reset you haven't. There's still plenty of people who should be rank 5-10 or even better still floating around the teen ranks making your rank 15 games harder than they should be.

It's a very dumb system. Rank really doesn't mean anything.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Not 4 days after rank reset you haven't. There's still plenty of people who should be rank 5-10 or even better still floating around the teen ranks making your rank 15 games harder than they should be.

Ah okay, thank you. I'll suffer a bit more and wait for things to balance themselves out.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Are you playing Killer or Survivor mainly?

Survivor 99% of the time. For the past dozen or so matches, it seems like 2 gens are the most done before the killer goes on a rampage and sometimes we don't even get any done.

edit: as soon as I said this, I won two games in a row, typical.

edit 2: and thus the cycle begins anew

Last edited:

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK

This is the truth. I'm still not even good at this game but am nearly in the red ranks again. It's impossible to rank down if you aren't the first to be found as survivor just by equipping borrowed time and farming teammates off hook(don't do this btw unless you're an asshole). Survivor is pretty easy to rank up if you don't get camped/tunneled off hook and killer isn't a lot harder, heck I played 1 killer game today, got zero kills but didn't derank.

I get why they relaxed the initial emblem system because killers couldn't get games in red ranks at all but right now it's a little on the easy side.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Quick question but what's the benefit of prestiging a character?
Primarily, you have a higher chance of getting better items/add-ons/offerings in the bloodweb the higher prestige level you are. I don't know the exact numbers but the difference between P0 and P3 is significant. My P3 characters are swimming in red/purple stuff.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
A piece of bloody clothing and increased chance at better stuff in the Bloodweb.

Primarily, you have a higher chance of getting better items/add-ons/offerings in the bloodweb the higher prestige level you are. I don't know the exact numbers but the difference between P0 and P3 is significant. My P3 characters are swimming in red/purple stuff.
Oh snap I'll top up to 200k blood points then prestige I think. Thanks

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Played yesterday against a Doc for the first time and again had no idea what was going on lol So I'm assuming that if you get too close to him you enter into this madness state? How do you get out of it? Any other tips?

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Played yesterday against a Doc for the first time and again had no idea what was going on lol So I'm assuming that if you get too close to him you enter into this madness state? How do you get out of it? Any other tips?
While the doctor is in punishment mode, survivors gain madness within his terror radius(heartbeat), except if they are in a locker. You also gain madness, if you get shocked by him. Madness has three states. Each time you go up a state you scream. As soon as you hit Madness II you get the hallucinations. Madness III makes you scream all the time, and you can't heal, repair, sabotage, cleanse totems or use any items until you calmed down.
The Snap out of It action in Madness III is also the only way to get back to Madness II and beeing able to do stuff again. Also if the Doctor shocks you, you can't throw pallets or vault for a few seconds.

In general playing against a Doctor can be quite stressfull. The important thing is not to get nervous playing against him. Just do gens, or rescue, heal etc. when it's right like a normal game. Also you can keep him busy with pallets and windows, if you got into a chase against him. Also unexperienced docs waste much time with shocking, which is you can put into your advantage trying to escape.

Ju On The Grudge.

Nah I joke, I know we're not getting anymore licensed characters right?
They never said no towards more licenced characters. McCote even mentioned recently, that they are trying to give even the current licenced ones some cosmetic. It's just stuff they have to renegotiate, because they kinda changed their business model with the shop. But I wuldn't be surprised if we will see stuff like Pretty Lady Leatherface or 2018 Myers hitting the shop in the near future.

So a licenced killer is possible. On the other hand some of the devs said, that even before the teaser came out, that they were putting a trail out there hinting at the current chapter. Hard to say what they meant by that. A common theory is, that Feng Mings "Masuku Bijin" Head - the one with the surgeon mask - might be pointing towards Kuchisake-onna (women with her mouth cut). e.g. But well there is a lot.
The only thing I think might be sure, that the marks on the door are the numbers 2 and 3, pointing towards the 23rd, or the next devstream. Probably we get the full teaser until then and the Killer might be part of the PTB like the Clown. But then I'm pretty sure, that it won't be a licenced one then.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

he can be very intimidating at first, but he's not so bad. best way I think is to stay in a group. a doctor mostly focuses on the red outlines of screaming survivors, if there's more than one, he might focus on somebody else. another thing to remember is, if he's zapping he can't attack, so don't wait till you can vault, just keep running around until he switches to his weapon. if you manage to waste his time long enough, he'll probably go for someone else (especially if they fail skill checks).

he has 2 kinds of zap areas, one is a strip and one is a ring (don't think many use that, though). there are "safe zones" to not get zapped, especially if you're close to him.

They never said no towards more licenced characters. McCote even mentioned recently, that they are trying to give even the current licenced ones some cosmetic. It's just stuff they have to renegotiate, because they kinda changed their business model with the shop. But I wuldn't be surprised if we will see stuff like Pretty Lady Leatherface or 2018 Myers hitting the shop in the near future.

yes please! and add masks, so we can cover up laurie's horse face. I'll pay a good amount for a horse mask for ultimate memes! :D

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Just leveled up my girl Claudette to level 30 and unlocked my first teachable perk, can't wait to unlock Self-Care to actually start using other characters lol Also made my way to rank 16 and there's definitely an increase in difficulty the higher the rank, some of these killers seem to know where I am 24/7

While the doctor is in punishment mode, survivors gain madness within his terror radius(heartbeat), except if they are in a locker. You also gain madness, if you get shocked by him. Madness has three states. Each time you go up a state you scream. As soon as you hit Madness II you get the hallucinations. Madness III makes you scream all the time, and you can't heal, repair, sabotage, cleanse totems or use any items until you calmed down.
The Snap out of It action in Madness III is also the only way to get back to Madness II and beeing able to do stuff again. Also if the Doctor shocks you, you can't throw pallets or vault for a few seconds.

In general playing against a Doctor can be quite stressfull. The important thing is not to get nervous playing against him. Just do gens, or rescue, heal etc. when it's right like a normal game. Also you can keep him busy with pallets and windows, if you got into a chase against him. Also unexperienced docs waste much time with shocking, which is you can put into your advantage trying to escape.

he can be very intimidating at first, but he's not so bad. best way I think is to stay in a group. a doctor mostly focuses on the red outlines of screaming survivors, if there's more than one, he might focus on somebody else. another thing to remember is, if he's zapping he can't attack, so don't wait till you can vault, just keep running around until he switches to his weapon. if you manage to waste his time long enough, he'll probably go for someone else (especially if they fail skill checks).

he has 2 kinds of zap areas, one is a strip and one is a ring (don't think many use that, though). there are "safe zones" to not get zapped, especially if you're close to him.

Thanks! It's definitely more annoying than any other thing to play against him, although nothing is more disgusting than playing against the Hag and those fucking jumping decoys, fuck that

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also made my way to rank 16 and there's definitely an increase in difficulty the higher the rank, some of these killers seem to know where I am 24/7

BBQ and Chili / nurse's calling. they're the most used survivor reveal perks. one shows your aura when a survivor gets hooked, the other shows your aura, when you heal.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Just leveled up my girl Claudette to level 30 and unlocked my first teachable perk, can't wait to unlock Self-Care to actually start using other characters lol Also made my way to rank 16 and there's definitely an increase in difficulty the higher the rank, some of these killers seem to know where I am 24/7

I've been hovering around 15/16 and actually got demoted back to 16.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Just downloaded this thanks to PS+. So far I'm digging it way more than Friday the 13th.

I'm still not sure what the ranking system is like and it seems like the items I unlock during the bloodweb thing are one time use only?

Played the survivor a couple times and a few times as The Hillbilly. Playing both was fun but I'm confused by all the icons that pop up as the killer. I'm guessing when something fiery looking pops up that means the survivor botched a skill check on a generator?

Any tips are welcome. Definitely digging what I'm seeing of this so far.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Im hovering between rank 14 and 15 survivor and I'm level 18 killer. Focusing more on survivor though. Just started a few days ago since its on PS Plus and I am having a blast. Trying to get some friends into it but they dont seem to wanna try it sadly.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded this thanks to PS+. So far I'm digging it way more than Friday the 13th.

I'm still not sure what the ranking system is like and it seems like the items I unlock during the bloodweb thing are one time use only?

Played the survivor a couple times and a few times as The Hillbilly. Playing both was fun but I'm confused by all the icons that pop up as the killer. I'm guessing when something fiery looking pops up that means the survivor botched a skill check on a generator?

yes, the red'ish cloud explosion thingy is somebody failing a skill check, being on a generator, trying to heal or sabotaging a hook. if you wanna stick to billy, use your chainsaw to run across the map, checking the remaining generators. if you're chasing a survivor, make sure to not fully rev up your chainsaw until you're very close to insta-down them.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

You keep the item if you escape with one in hand and any used charges on it are recharged back to full. But keep in mind that if you fully use all charges on an item in a match you toss it away immediately, so it's best to stop using the item just before it runs out of charges so that you can escape with it and have it recharged, especially if it's of a higher rarity. You can also pick up an item during a match either from chests or items that have been left on the ground by other players, these will likewise be added to your inventory if you escape with one in hand.

Last edited:

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Finally leveled up Claudette to level 40 and unlocked Self-Care, time to start leveling up Meg. Also went to rank 13 from 15 today, slow but steady! Is there any consensus on best survivor perks? I'm running Self-Care, Dark Sense, Empathy and Spine Chill atm

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Finally leveled up Claudette to level 40 and unlocked Self-Care, time to start leveling up Meg. Also went to rank 13 from 15 today, slow but steady! Is there any consensus on best survivor perks? I'm running Self-Care, Dark Sense, Empathy and Spine Chill atm

Some of my favorites

Bond - Dwight - See survivors auras within 36 meters

Lithe - Feng Min - Sprint Burst but when you vault something in a chase

We'll Make It - General Perk - Double healing speed for 90 seconds (except self heal) after unhooking a survivor

We're Gonna Live Forever - David King - get a token whenever you unhook somebody or take a hit for them. Each token gives you 25% bonus total bloodpoints up to 100%

Dance With Me - Kate - No scratch marks for 3 seconds after fast vaulting a window (40 second cooldown). This synergizes so well with Lithe

Kindred - General Perk - While hooked, this shows all survivors each others auras. It will also show the killers aura to them if they're within 8 meters.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Each of the original 4 survivors (Dwight Meg Claudette Jake) have one perk that I consider top tier / must have:

Dwight - Bond
Meg - Sprint Burst (though personally I prefer Feng Min's Lithe, especially since they nerfed exhaustion perks in the most recent patch)
Claudette - Self Care
Jake - Iron Will

Nea's Urban Evasion perk is really high up there as well and in most cases I would choose it over Bond specifically, along with her Streetwise when you're running good med kits or tool boxes.

Those seven perks make up what I use like 90% of the time unless I get unlucky with the blood webs on a certain character or I'm running an intentionally gimmicky build (like my Bond/Alert/Detective's Hunch/Open Handed aura build).

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Came up against a survivor today with dead hard, decisive strike, lithe and adrenaline.
Am I wrong in thinking there was nothing I could do to get them? Was playing wraith btw

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK

To add to the above, Adrenaline(Meg) is one of the most clutch perks in the game and Borrowed time(general perk on console/Bill PC) is great against more campy killers or endgame where the killer has someone hooked and a gate is open.

A couple of underrated perks that are definitely worth running:

Balanced Landing(Nea perk) Probably the 2nd best exhaustion perk after sprint burst after the exhaustion nerf given that the reduced stagger from falls always works, some maps have few places to take advantage though.
Small Game(general perk) As you climb ranks the perks Hex: Ruin and Hex: No One Escapes Death become somewhat common and this helps pinpoint totem locations as well as Trapper/Hag traps, especially good on maps where totems are problematic to find like Lery's, Gideon Meat Plant and the swamp maps.

Some people also love using Dead Hard(David King perk) but once a killer knows you have it they easily play around it, not to mention it being unreliable quite often.