• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
yeah that plus the overlays seem to glitch out on me a lot. instead of the menu png I get ugly saturn sprites textured grey blocks.
Yikes...mine hasn't been that bad. I did at one point have literally everything disappear (people, menu on the left hand side, rank info, etc) and I was staring at an empty campfire background. At least I could better appreciate the fireworks?

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes...mine hasn't been that bad. I did at one point have literally everything disappear (people, menu on the left hand side, rank info, etc) and I was staring at an empty campfire background. At least I could better appreciate the fireworks?
that happened during a game session. try and heal/repair shit with no visual skill checks!

although, I admit sometimes having the overlay not load in, can make it look kinda cool.
tumblr_pcjhqxywEQ1s4y4v7o2_1280.png

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Any idea when dlc might go on sale again? Next sale is when I will probably add to my killer collection as I only really ever play survivor so thinking of getting leatherface and freddy, but I really don't want to pay full price.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Any idea when dlc might go on sale again? Next sale is when I will probably add to my killer collection as I only really ever play survivor so thinking of getting leatherface and freddy, but I really don't want to pay full price.
DbD takes every steam sale they can. But outside of that. Don't know.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
Rank reset time!

So I managed to get 7/9 gold coins in this event. Not bad! Ended up with Feng and Ace's complete outfit and my 7th gold coin was spent on the outfit dress for Huntress.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Really hope Behavior isn't doing that port in house, because if so big oofs incoming.

Could be fun as heck on switch though, but i'm too far gone to ever use a controller to play.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
According to their offical forum post they have a retail distribution deal with Koch Media for the Switch version. Interesting. Besides that the first trailer didn't look well, and I'm concerned about the FPS. On the other hand the Switch version might be a good reason to optimize the code, making it less CPU demanding hopefully. Not sure, if I'm interested in the Switch version itself, but if so then I would love, if they put some form of motion aiming in it. I'm just too used to it on Switch by now.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Amazing interaction with the post game chat last night. I was at a friends house teaching her how to play killer since she's new to the game and PC gaming in general. There are a lot of pages of these people fighting but this was my favorite interaction. I just sat back and laughed while they went at it.

20190213_214419.jpg

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really hope the next killer is actually somewhat fun to play against, the last 3 haven't been with Legion being the ultimate ResidentSleeper killer where you can just respect every pallet with zero downside. Also I wish it was actually harder to rank up, I'm completely terrible at killer yet can reach rank 1 playing Wraith only and the amount of survivors who crouch walk the edge of the map with urban immersion or are completely incapable of powering through a generator with ruin up is staggering.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

If you use a styptic agent or a anti-hemorrage syringe on your medkit you can use the action button (whatever drops pallets probably? It's space on PC) to instantly heal.

Styptic Agent - Purple Add-on - Reduces charges by 25% and can be used to instantly heal 1 health state (injured to healed, downed to injured) as long as there is at least 1 charge left.

Anti-Hemorrhage Syringe - Pink Add-on - Reduces charges by 50% and can be used to instantly heal 2 health states (downed to full health or injured to healed, borrowed time bleedout to full heal as well) as long as there is at least 1 charge left.

Other tips for y'all, the add-on order matters!

Brown Medkit - use a styptic then + charges add-on and not the other way around

Base heal = 16 x 0.75 for 12 charges, then + 6 charges = 18 charges final. Enough for 1 full heal and a quick instant heal.

If you do the add-ons where the instant heal is 2nd it will decrease the charges for the 2nd add-on

16+6=22 x 0.75 for 16.5 charges. Could almost work for an instant heal, esp if you hit a great during the heal but you probably won't have enough time to hit the action button before it just disappears

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Decisive Strike re-work is official

pi5xn6o68nu3.jpg

• Perk starts inactive: No longer usable from the start of the match on a first down.
  • New condition: In a trial, any Survivor that has the perk equipped can activate and use Decisive Strike if they meet the condition - being saved from a hook or unhooking themselves.
  • Decisive Strike will only stay active for 40/50/60 seconds after being unhooked. This window of opportunity (gag) gives the Survivor only a limited time frame in which to trigger the perk after escaping the hook.
  • Decisive Strike skill checks will trigger during the pickup. This decision was made to help avoid dribbling and reduce the amount of time wasted for the Killer.
  • The skill check area will be slightly larger to make it considerably more accessible to those who occasionally struggle with hitting skill checks.
  • Stunning the Killer with Decisive Strike will result in the Killer dropping the Survivor.
  • After successfully using Decisive Strike, you will immediately become the obsession. This will remove the obsession from any other player, and any perks that refer to the obsession will now refer to you.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/decisive-strike-upcoming-changes/p1?new=1

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
New DS is basically useless unless you play against hard tunnelling killers or save it for endgame which given how many killers hard tunnel makes it still somewhat useful. If the stun time is still lowered by enduring it's garbage outside of endgame though.

I'm not fussed if it is useless because fuck DS.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disabled after you hit or miss the skill check. You can still save it if you wished. Dribbling doesn't work as well either since the skill check starts at pick up now.

Similar to how Deliverance is disabled after you use it.
not a fan of the changes. but hardly used it anyway. not to mention the skill check was hard to hit, when the game's around 15 fps and the killer may or may not have internet...

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I think its a better perk now then it was yesterday. I like the change and I don't even use it or have it. But going vs it really is a frustrating experience.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
They really need to do something about killers just sitting at the hook making sure no one can get you. Takes 10 minutes to find a match then they just look at you for 3 minutes. No fun at all and they have no punishment really for it other then well gens will get done faster.

OP
OP
Gradon

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Camping is so boring I literally don't understand why people do it.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean if is a Leatherface I expect them to camp because 99% of them are terrible and the only thing Leatherface is good at is camping.

Outside of memeing I don't see how camping is fun either, then again the reason why people don't just go and do gens whilst someone rots on the hook for 2 minutes is because sitting on a gen and not interacting with the killer at all is boring too.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like some kind of religious themed killer. But doubt it will be based on an actual relgion. Maybe some kind of cultist who whorships the entity? Just my blind guess. From the visual style I'm not sure what this even represents. Most likely the new map whatever it is.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
This would explain a lot in the kind of matches I'm seeing over the past few days (nothing good):

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Matchmaking is so borked. Two people is a might as well not play and even solo is a 15 minute wait. I can find a match as a killer in 4.5 seconds, but as survivor its impossible. I'm a rank 6 on ps4 and it's never been an issue before. Starting to feel like the game is called Dead By Lobby Que.

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
So it's definitely a priest then right?
Yeah definitively someon religion related. The censer is probably related to the power of the killer. But hard to guess what it might be. The first picture was clearly an artwork of the map. Wouldn't be surprised, if it will be another indoor map. Well looking forward to the monday stream.

Also they've made a post talking about their optimization roadmap. Their goal is to get the game to 60fps on Xbox One/PS4 and low spec PCs. Next chapter/big patch should already come with some form of optimizations.
990b5czkat3n.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
If you use a styptic agent or a anti-hemorrage syringe on your medkit you can use the action button (whatever drops pallets probably? It's space on PC) to instantly heal.

Styptic Agent - Purple Add-on - Reduces charges by 25% and can be used to instantly heal 1 health state (injured to healed, downed to injured) as long as there is at least 1 charge left.

Anti-Hemorrhage Syringe - Pink Add-on - Reduces charges by 50% and can be used to instantly heal 2 health states (downed to full health or injured to healed, borrowed time bleedout to full heal as well) as long as there is at least 1 charge left.

Other tips for y'all, the add-on order matters!

Brown Medkit - use a styptic then + charges add-on and not the other way around

Base heal = 16 x 0.75 for 12 charges, then + 6 charges = 18 charges final. Enough for 1 full heal and a quick instant heal.

If you do the add-ons where the instant heal is 2nd it will decrease the charges for the 2nd add-on

16+6=22 x 0.75 for 16.5 charges. Could almost work for an instant heal, esp if you hit a great during the heal but you probably won't have enough time to hit the action button before it just disappears

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA ALL THIS IS NEW TO ME
omg i'm so boosted

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
If they actually get this game to 60FPS on PS4 that would be a fucking miracle.

That's actually a bit nuts of a target, but hopefully it's realistic.
I think it is. At least judging by the full post, in which they explain how they intend to optimize the code it seems like they are kinda admitting that the game was never truelly optimized. And it seems like they are finally willing to improve the game a bit, so it has better potential as a long term investment and maybe make the development for new content easier for them.
I mean they plan to introduce dedicated servers in late summer 2019, a Switch version for fall and a bunch of chapters/cosmetics on a regular basis. Good reason for them to invest a bit in their structure etc.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is. At least judging by the full post, in which they explain how they intend to optimize the code it seems like they are kinda admitting that the game was never truelly optimized. And it seems like they are finally willing to improve the game a bit, so it has better potential as a long term investment and maybe make the development for new content easier for them.
I mean they plan to introduce dedicated servers in late summer 2019, a Switch version for fall and a bunch of chapters/cosmetics on a regular basis. Good reason for them to invest a bit in their structure etc.
Honestly I'm really glad they're planning on optimising the game more. My system isn't a slouch but it still hitches at least once per match and doesn't have a locked framerate despite setting things to low etc.

These improvements plus getting dedicated servers would really really make me happy, especially when I play killer, because apparently when my game hitches, the other players suffer it too, and I don't like affecting another's experience that way.